ADVERTISEMENT

look the other way then...

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I am a proud Carolina fan and I probably wear some kind of UNC attire daily, mostly baseball caps, T-shirts and in the winter sweatshirts and normally people say You must be a Carolina or just smile as they walk by but ever since my Carolina hat came in which is indentica to the ones the team proudly put on after the championship game I have found that many anti-UNC fans will not even look me in the face and quickly will walk by.

I never realize there was still so much elementary grade attitude and dislike for Carolina after the Tar Heels cut down the nets. Like the old NY Yankees, Chicago Bulls and Dallas Cowboys and Montreal Canadiens people hate teams that win so much and that jealous is now more obvious than ever.

Mumbled words on people's breath and strange looks from others when I proudly show off my UNC attire just is one of those things I have to deal with just like all of those ABC ers have to deal with when I go out and show off my 2017 championship hat.

I am a proud Carolina fan and I probably wear some kind of UNC attire daily, mostly baseball caps, T-shirts and in the winter sweatshirts and normally people say You must be a Carolina or just smile as they walk by but ever since my Carolina hat came in which is indentica to the ones the team proudly put on after the championship game I have found that many anti-UNC fans will not even look me in the face and quickly will walk by.

I never realize there was still so much elementary grade attitude and dislike for Carolina after the Tar Heels cut down the nets. Like the old NY Yankees, Chicago Bulls and Dallas Cowboys and Montreal Canadiens people hate teams that win so much and that jealous is now more obvious than ever.

Mumbled words on people's breath and strange looks from others when I proudly show off my UNC attire just is one of those things I have to deal with just like all of those ABC ers have to deal with when I go out and show off my 2017 championship hat.
Hi IDUNK4HEELS, you my friend, will be going to HEAVEN!

!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: FlaTarHeel

I hafta say I still SMH at the number of even non-ACC fans who seem to relish the idea and buy into the propaganda of UNC's supposed impending NCAA demise. Granted, perhaps UNC basketball has projected a bit of a holier-than-thou image since Dean took the reins, but that was honestly well-earned. We did things right, we didn't cheat and we graduated players taking real academic pursuits.

That being said, unless you're an ACC fan (or uk) who UNC regularly pounds on the court, why would anyone harbor that resentment? Unlike dook, UNC basketball is not inherently hateable --- just the opposite in fact. It is one of the most recognizable and admired brands in all of sport, and we've often benefitted from kids around the country being UNC fans despite having no connection.

That's one reason why this season's accomplishments are so important for our brand. Depsite the progaganda, what the public saw was a gritty and likeable bunch of kids who weren't mercenaries, but instead stayed in school and came back for redemption and succeeded with their best player on 2 bum ankles.

Honestly I think much of the animosity is born in the media, where dook and uk worship prevails and we're treated like yesterday's news. That over-hyped video of Fox and Adebayo crying frankly left me cold because the same thing happens in 67 other locker rooms in March. Perhaps the media should hone in on those Seniors who've given their all to a university and a program for 4 years and lose that last precious game.

Anyway, to the haters, as an old golf club pro I know used to say, "F*** em and feed em beans".

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and shun1
I've been wearing my hat almost every day. Especially playing golf or on the week-end. At least I'm seeing older Heels pull out the classics too combining the new hat with old tee shirts...spoke to a guy other day that had the 2017 hat and a classic tee, we laughed about the ABC'ers...
the only hats I did not care for and do not wear were the 2009s, those were kinda ugly.

You can always tell the type, the looks, mumbled comments....I tell them their team should win or either I can get them a nice hat too... :cool:

Reactions: Archer2
I hafta say I still SMH at the number of even non-ACC fans who seem to relish the idea and buy into the propaganda of UNC's supposed impending NCAA demise. Granted, perhaps UNC basketball has projected a bit of a holier-than-thou image since Dean took the reins, but that was honestly well-earned. We did things right, we didn't cheat and we graduated players taking real academic pursuits.

That being said, unless you're an ACC fan (or uk) who UNC regularly pounds on the court, why would anyone harbor that resentment? Unlike dook, UNC basketball is not inherently hateable --- just the opposite in fact. It is one of the most recognizable and admired brands in all of sport, and we've often benefitted from kids around the country being UNC fans despite having no connection.

That's one reason why this season's accomplishments are so important for our brand. Depsite the progaganda, what the public saw was a gritty and likeable bunch of kids who weren't mercenaries, but instead stayed in school and came back for redemption and succeeded with their best player on 2 bum ankles.

Honestly I think much of the animosity is born in the media, where dook and uk worship prevails and we're treated like yesterday's news. That over-hyped video of Fox and Adebayo crying frankly left me cold because the same thing happens in 67 other locker rooms in March. Perhaps the media should hone in on those Seniors who've given their all to a university and a program for 4 years and lose that last precious game.

Anyway, to the haters, as an old golf club pro I know used to say, "F*** em and feed em beans".

No different than the 24/7 bashing of Trump.Some fools out there swear by the media and I'll wager the dirty looks are more for the NCAA BS than Carolina winning the Title.

Justin Jackson had 2 bum ankles??

I wear Tar Heel gear almost exclusively when I'm not in work attire. I get very strong reactions no matter where I go. I remember peeps coming up to me in Mexico either as UNC fans that wanted to talk or ABCers that wanted to talk junk! A couple of weeks ago a random dude walking down the sidewalk saw my UNC Champ front license plate and started yelling and giving my car the finger, lol! Either he hates the Tar Heels or Japanese cars!

I love it when opposing fans step to me with their junk because I do NOT pull my punches! (sometimes I feel bad afterwards because talking junk to Moo fans is like kicking puppies!)

Reactions: MCPO_Tarheel
I don't really catch any flack In the Charlotte area its mostly all Carolina Fans..

Ah... trying to be funny I see. Hopefully you are anyway.

Umm it was a legit question. Are you implying JJ wasn't our best player? Note-I didn't say most important because that was berry. But it's clear who the best was.

No different than the 24/7 bashing of Trump.Some fools out there swear by the media and I'll wager the dirty looks are more for the NCAA BS than Carolina winning the Title.
So politics is cool here? You are a moderator. This is a horrible analogy. Have a Tar Heel tee and a MAGA cap and I'll give you the cold shoulder, as well. I won't post here on this issue again. Let this play out and see who is closer to being honest- Drumpf or the media.

They are just mad their programs haven't enjoyed the success UNC has. Save for dook, UK, and arguably UCLA (Yes i know the 11 titles, but 1 in what, 40 years? Most fan bases just dream of this success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT