ADVERTISEMENT

Miami vs Carolina game thread for Monday 13 February 2023

This loss was totally on the unpreparedness of the Carolina offense. The high screen & roll was totally shutdown and apparently staff has nothing else, so players kept running the same ineffective half court set. Hero ball grew out of Huberts ineffective offensive system(Caleb Love has been taking the heat for Huberts unsophisticated, rudimentary sets).
Hubert is a bad coach. He just is. Roy Williams wins this game.

Good grief next year will be even worse. Hubs can’t win with upperclassmen talent he sure as heck won’t win with average underclassmen talent.

I just can’t believe how miserable it is to watch this team play. It’s not even enjoyable. The offense is embarrassingly bad.
This team isn’t talented. They’re just experienced. I’m looking forward to a different team. Maybe they’ll suck. Maybe they won’t. We know what this team is though.

This team isn’t talented. They’re just experienced. I’m looking forward to a different team. Maybe they’ll suck. Maybe they won’t. We know what this team is though.
It's still pretty amazing how one other player with these four guys and they go to the NCAA championship game. And send Coach k packing at home and in the final four. I just don't understand how the experience is basically hit and miss without that one guy.

Reactions: DaSheed
I agree with that mostly, although they are better than what we are seeing they just aren’t being utilized as well as they should be. However, I want to see Carolina basketball principals brought back. Fast break. Secondary break. More half court traps. Uptempo. Stop walking the ball up the court and heaving a long 3 late in the shot clock. Basically, this team looks polar opposite than the Carolina teams I grew up watching.

Pittpoker, being a pitt fan, they will only give you so much leash at bashing UNC stuff, regardless if you are right or not. I get you obviously were cheering for UNC because UNC winning can only help Pitt in the ACC race, but regardless, it will only be tolerated so much. I'd stick to analysis instead of "sucks" and so on stuff.

That said, knowing Pitt, they will probably blow the NCAA bid somehow lol and even if they don't, you made a tourney once in who knows how long (though you never fared well in tournies for the most part due to style anyways, even when highly seeded). I live in the Pittsburgh area and can remember the Butler and Oklahoma State meltdowns in the tourney well from fans.

The point is, that coming here saying people sucks without providing definitive analysis comes off as just growing brassness due to feeling good about your spot. I, however, don't feel like it would be appreciated in retrospect if a UNC fan came to your board and told you how much your coach and players suck during Stallings and Capels first couple of years. Heck, Capel was expected to get fired after this year not even like 2 months ago. You might have hit your stride right now, though.

I agree with that mostly, although they are better than what we are seeing they just aren’t being utilized as well as they should be. However, I want to see Carolina basketball principals brought back. Fast break. Secondary break. More half court traps. Uptempo. Stop walking the ball up the court and heaving a long 3 late in the shot clock. Basically, this team looks polar opposite than the Carolina teams I grew up watching.
The main Carolina principal I want to see brought back is recruiting the best players. Then I want to see a system that fits said best players.

Pittpoker, being a pitt fan, they will only give you so much leash at bashing UNC stuff, regardless if you are right or not. I get you obviously were cheering for UNC because UNC winning can only help Pitt in the ACC race, but regardless, it will only be tolerated so much. I'd stick to analysis instead of "sucks" and so on stuff.

That said, knowing Pitt, they will probably blow the NCAA bid somehow lol and even if they don't, you made a tourney once in who knows how long (though you never fared well in tournies for the most part due to style anyways, even when highly seeded). I live in the Pittsburgh area and can remember the Butler and Oklahoma State meltdowns in the tourney well from fans.

The point is, that coming here saying people sucks without providing definitive analysis comes off as just growing brassness due to feeling good about your spot. I, however, don't feel like it would be appreciated in retrospect if a UNC fan came to your board and told you how much your coach and players suck during Stallings and Capels first couple of years. Heck, Capel was expected to get fired after this year not even like 2 months ago. You might have hit your stride right now, though.
I wanted Capel fired too. Very surprised at how well Pitt has played. And I try to give analysis but occasionally will call out someone like Nance who imo does suck.

It's still pretty amazing how one other player with these four guys and they go to the NCAA championship game. And send Coach k packing at home and in the final four. I just don't understand how the experience is basically hit and miss without that one guy.
It is amazing. But flukes happen in March. Hell, we played St Peters to get to the Final Four.

We were a fringe NCAA tournament team who played our 2 best games against Duke last year. I think most fringe NCAA tournament teams can beat almost anyone if they play their absolute best game.

But I agree, this is one of the weirdest teams I can ever recall.

Reactions: strummingram
i could be wrong but I’m just gonna put it out there…. Hubert prides himself on being emotional. I’m not saying it is good nor bad. His personality is contagious. That million dollar smile. He speaks and cultivates mindful emotions more than anyone ive heard (coach or non coach). Perhaps the young players are not used to such sensitivity from a coach nor of themselves. These huge “swing” in games for past 2 years could be a product of emotional swings in the team.

This team is an enigma so I’m just coming up with bs to make sense of it lol

Manek brought a real toughness to the team along with a high Basketball IQ.

I got it I know what we need to do the day before every game. We need to have a come to Jesus meeting or somebody freak out start throwing a temper tantrum have a team meeting and then come out the next day play like crazy.But it has to be done the day before every game or we won’t play good. It worked against clemsuck so try it. Nothing to lose if Hubert can’t coach these guys.

It’s mind boggling. UNC was blowing through teams in the big dance last season. A good second half against Kansas and they cut down the nets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT