ADVERTISEMENT

Miami vs Carolina game thread for Monday 13 February 2023

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
This battle will be a quick turnaround game as both team played Saturday but Miami played late Saturday and then had to travel to Chapel Hill.

To me this is the most important game for Legacy reasons for the Carolina core of: Black, Love, Bacot and Davis that they have played in. Getting to the Championship game, downing Duke twice late in the spring were very memorable moments for the players and the fans but if for some reason Carolina does not get into the dance after being rated the number one team coming to the season their time and Legacy they have built will be really tarnished. Especially if the reasons for not getting into March madness is the direct result of late losses at HOME 🏠.

Since the Hurricanes 🌀 come into this battle inside the top 25 teams in America a win here would give Carolina a great resume win. A loss at home would put UNC in deep do do again.

Miami reminds a bunch of Baylor who also play 4 athletic and talented guards with one big. The upper class men for the Hurricanes in Jordan Miller a 6’7 sharpshooter and Isaiah Wong the 6’4 do it all guard 💂‍♂️ lead the 4 guard attack which also features 6’5 Wooga Poplar and his sophomore teammate Nigel Pack who at 6 feet is still averaging 12’6 points a game so RJ Davis and and Trimble will have their hands 🙌 full.,

Norchad Omier is Miami’s only big and he is a bull a 6’7 and carries 235 on his frame and he is third in rebounding in the league. Bacot, Nance and Washington have to take it to him and hopefully get him in foul trouble and use their bigger height to a giant advantage.

The biggest question to me is on defense and who covers who. Miami’s 4 guards compliment each other so much and can adjust to the situation both offensively and defensively and they are big 6’7, 6’4 and 6’5 and a even 6 feet.

Because of their size in the backcourt and their quickness to me it is a no brainer to start Puff over Nance. Johnson has long arms and moves good laterally so it is a logical choice. Black on Miller will be the matchup to watch as well as Love trying to hold Wong. If Puff does get the start he will probably get matched against Wooga Poplar who 6’5 and averages close to 8 points a game.

Along with Love and Davis going to the hole instead of shooting from downtown Cary to score or go to the line I feel Mando needs to be the dominant factor in this game. 20 points is a must and owning the board is the key 🔑 because Carolina cannot give up second chance opportunities.

This should be a classic

Last edited:
I say we pick up off of what we saw against Wake and ink out a victory that possibly takes us off the bubble and continuing this never ending roller coaster ride.

One more thing even though it is not Blacks or Johnson’s strength I will like to see them make some baseline drives instead of settling for just long three point attempts. Even if they do not score there is a possibility that they may get fouled going to the hole and every point including free throws will be so important…

One more thing even though it is not Blacks or Johnson’s strength I will like to see them make some baseline drives instead of settling for just long three point attempts. Even if they do not score there is a possibility that they may get fouled going to the hole and every point including free throws will be so important…
Might be onto something here. UNC can't live by the three against Miami, won't hit 15 3s tonight. This is a good game to drive, attack, drop to the big or kick. That's what Miami does, as well. Let's see who does it best.

Since the Hurricanes 🌀 come into this battle inside the top 25 teams in America a win here would give Carolina a great resume win. A loss at home would put UNC in deep do do again.
Yup .. they have dug a deep hole and a loss at home against UM tonight could be the straw .. especially after such a good outing against clempson .. would love to see Jalen's size at the 4 w/Bacot a lot tonight .. along with Puff. Jalen might even be a great option to spell Bacot. Nance is not meshing athletically and needs some pine time .. jmo

Pack with a corner three followed by a jumper by Love in the lane 9-9. Nance o-2 on two wide open three attempts and he lost a rebound which resulted in Pack’s wide open three from the left corner.

Nance is killing you guys, he sucks. And why isn't UNC consistently feeding the ball to Bacot? What's the strategy here Hubert?

Love fouled going to the basket 🧺 Omier with his second foul One Ft hit. Miller out rebounds Puff and he scores a layup and a ft 16-10

Puff after missing a lay up gets a rebound and scores 16-12. The bombs 💣 that were falling on Saturday have been duds so far. Washington in to give Bacot a break. Jordan Miller has some serious game.

Davis another strong drive and hoop 21-20 with 7 minutes to go. Miami is double teaming the ball 🏀 but Carolina cannot make them pay by hitting from downtown.

Davis another strong drive and hoop 21-20 with 7 minutes to go. Miami is double teaming the ball 🏀 but Carolina cannot make them pay by hitting from downtown.
Omier on the bench Bacot should be getting the ball almost every possession. Perfect time for Bacot to shine. Don't understand the gameplan here.

I love the fact that Davis and Love are going strong to the hole 🕳️ instead of settling for long threes with the shot clock running down

Bacot back to the line hits just one again and Wong a fade away but Bacot a nice spin and a basket 34-32 then Pack from 30 feet out 35-34 for the Hurricanes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT