ADVERTISEMENT

Mike irby

It's strange how knowing someone only by a name tag, can make you feel like you knew them personally. Kinda like hearing of someone you are familiar with, and interact on brief occasions, and finding they have passed. Hate that it happened. Hope it wasn't related to anything pertaining to this virus. Directly or indirectly

heart kinda breaks about this...maybe because of everything going on, just sucks.

rip mike...he always kept me in line on raider, thankful for it.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Let's see, I bet I still have this image stashed away somewhere...

moses-fishing-copy.jpg

Yep, there it is. It's funny 'cause Irby was old. Said so his dern self.

People we come to meet on the highway of life, some of them you don't agree with at all, some you find some common ground with. Some of them touch us in a way that will never compare with anyone else and they become someone special, Mike Irby was absolutely someone special that I will never forget him!

I am going to miss him and his friendship. Mike and I "met" here almost 20 years ago and we became friends in real life. He was the best guy to work with when we were mods together.

holy crap where you been? Glad to see you’re okay. Been so long figured the worst.

Thank you, Mr. Lyles . . ! How are things with you ? Hoping the store is still doing well despite these crazy times . . !
I retired and sold the store about a year ago. The new owners say it is doing fine.

well welcome back. Hope you’re doing well. Crazy times

I'm doing well, thank you ! Hoping the same for you & yours. Are you keeping Wilmington straight ? You know this might be the first summer that you won't have to deal with those hated tourists . . !

I'm doing well, thank you ! Hoping the same for you & yours. Are you keeping Wilmington straight ? You know this might be the first summer that you won't have to deal with those hated tourists . . !
Oh my gawd, talk about a sight for sore eyes! Welcome back, Billy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT