ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Finds

Thats interesting considering how good Keanu has been in the action sequences in the John Wick series. He did a ton of firearm and stunt training for that series.
Keanu was fine in the sequences, it was the fight sequence itself that was kinda bland. It looked like something you would see in your normal comic book movie. It just wasn't as awe inspiring as the original trilogy nor is it as hardcore and creative as the Wick movies.

Watched the new Matrix yesterday. Thought it was pretty bland. How they explained the need to bring back Neo and Trinity was just weird and confusing. They even tried to insert some meta, fourth wall break type of stuff in it, which didn't fit at all. One of the biggest things the Matrix is known for is the action and it just wasn't up to the standard of the first three. Just felt like the type of action you would see from a more generic movie. I'll give it a 6/10. If you liked how the first trilogy ended, no reason to watch this one unless you are just curious,

Watched it last night. Tried to explain it to my wife and confused myself and got a headache.

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
Speaking of Nolan, I finally saw Tenet = 3 snaps in a circle.

I definitely didn't grasp it entirely, but it was awesome.

This is not a Netflix find but I just finished a series called "Power". It was a Starz original. First season was in 2014 and ended in 2019. Damn great series. Big time drug dealer using legal businesses he owns to clean money. He's known as Ghost in drug dealings (only family knows who he is) but in business he is James St. Patrick. Lots of killing, double crossing, snitching, lying, more double crossing, adultery. You name it, it was probably done on this series. Has 2 spinoffs. Will watch them next.

Also, watch BMF...the newest series. All about the Black Mafia Family in Detroit. Only one season but damn good.

On Netflix, The Unforgivable is damn fantastic.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
“Don’t look up”.
Astronomers discover impending apocalyptic event but it becomes politicized and makes it difficult to do anything about it or prepare for it. Political satire at its best. And both cons and libs get ridiculed. Hilarious and dark.

“Don’t look up”.
Astronomers discover impending apocalyptic event but it becomes politicized and makes it difficult to do anything about it or prepare for it. Political satire at its best. And both cons and libs get ridiculed. Hilarious and dark.
Not far from reality.

Not far from reality.

There’s several “not so subtle” parodies of Covid players

Di caprio plays a geek science expert advisor reluctantly thrust into social media spotlight and the attention goes to his head

Streep plays a president who denies the science but then tries to become the hero when it benefits her politically

There’s lots more.

Last edited:
“Don’t look up”.
i loved it…basically symbolizes the last three decades.

eta: the social media angle is fantastic

There’s several “not so subtle” parodies of Covid players

Di caprio plays a geek science expert advisor reluctantly thrust into social media spotlight and the attention goes to his head

Streep plays a president who denies the science but then tries to become the hero when it benefits her politically

There’s lots more.
And how bout Cate Blanchett! Over the top makeup-face but smoking hot sexy.

hoping at some point we get some outtakes of the “don’t look up” filming…i don’t know how the hell they could get through scenes, especially with lawrence and hill.

this is an hbo max thingy, but have we touched on righteous gemstones yet?

holy moly…it’s like a dark schitt’s creek, but weirder lol.

Haven't started S2 yet but I liked S1. John Goodman and Danny McBride are hilarious together.

Reactions: gteeitup
ozark season 4 starts tomorrow.
Will this be the last?

Ozark 1 was awesome. Ozark 2 had me... but 3 might've lost me. I feel like last season was partly just about how much they could piss off everyone. I'd watch if I knew they were wrapping it up.

The Puppet Master on netflix - 3 part documentary was good - conman brainwashing folks.

Will this be the last?

Ozark 1 was awesome. Ozark 2 had me... but 3 might've lost me. I feel like last season was partly just about how much they could piss off everyone. I'd watch if I knew they were wrapping it up.
yes…it’s a two-parter like the sopranos did…i think it’s 8 & 6 iirc.

checkout the trailer…kinda crazy

Reactions: blazers
through ep 3 season 2 of gemstones and it’s incredible.

has anyone seen after life with ricky gervais?

ozark season 4 starts tomorrow.

I’m in s 2 of afterlife and love it. Guys wife dies if cancer so he decides to tell everyone in his life that bugs him to eff off as he plans to kill himself

“Wakefield” is an Aussie tv show about a psych home. Part comedy, part drama, part musical…real quirky with serious insight into mental illness. I liked it.

Cobra Kai s 3 has jumped the shark. Unwatchable

I’m in s 2 of afterlife and love it. Guys wife dies if cancer so he decides to tell everyone in his life that bugs him to eff off as he plans to kill himself

“Wakefield” is an Aussie tv show about a psych home. Part comedy, part drama, part musical…real quirky with serious insight into mental illness. I liked it.

Cobra Kai s 3 has jumped the shark. Unwatchable
good info

dude, afterlife is freakin hilarious…i’m only two episodes in and i’m hooked…gervais is perfect for this role…i don’t know how anyone can get through a scene with him.

Just watched the first episode of season 4 of Ozark... OFF the charts and now the KIDS are involved and getting deeper and deeper into the abyss that Marty and his wife have created.
You owe it to yourself to watch this series.... it's fantastic!!!!!!

Just watched the first episode of season 4 of Ozark... OFF the charts and now the KIDS are involved and getting deeper and deeper into the abyss that Marty and his wife have created.
You owe it to yourself to watch this series.... it's fantastic!!!!!!
What better to binge watch on in an ice storm with a fire

The daughter goes total badass this season. Son has lost his effing mind. Marty is totally unflappable

What better to binge watch on in an ice storm with a fire

The daughter goes total badass this season. Son has lost his effing mind. Marty is totally unflappable
through ep 1 and i turn to my wife and say “htf are they going wrap this up in a neat package that i’ll like?”

i’m going to take a break for some nfl stuff because i don’t want to finish part 1 tonight lol

“Archive 81” was good. Guy gets a job restoring old tapes from an apartment building fire. Sort of a “lost footage” type sci fi horror thing. Really well done. Totally bizarre story line that really keeps you guessing.

through ep 1 and i turn to my wife and say “htf are they going wrap this up in a neat package that i’ll like?”

i’m going to take a break for some nfl stuff because i don’t want to finish part 1 tonight lol
Finished the first half of Ozark S4. What a ride. I won't do spoilers but its getting hard to see how they bring a happy ending to the Byrds. Oh and the son is really annoying now. 😄

Not a netflix show but if you haven't watched Justified then that should be your next series. I just finished it and it is definitely one of the best series I've ever watched. Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are world class actors.

Reactions: grillheel
Not a netflix show but if you haven't watched Justified then that should be your next series. I just finished it and it is definitely one of the best series I've ever watched. Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are world class actors.

One of the all time great shows imo. Goggins is incredible. Did you see him er her on sons of anarchy?

Reactions: uncboy10
One of the all time great shows imo. Goggins is incredible. Did you see him er her on sons of anarchy?

Yep, SOA is one of my all time favorites too. It kinda lost some momentum the last few seasons but the first 3-4 seasons are some of the best TV ever.

Watched 'Inside Llewyn Davis" yesterday. Amazon prime I think. It was pretty good. It's a Coen brothers movie. It has that indie, dark comedy feel that they are known for. If you are a fan of their stuff, it's definitely worth checking out.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Yep, SOA is one of my all time favorites too. It kinda lost some momentum the last few seasons but the first 3-4 seasons are some of the best TV ever.

Some of my biker friends get soooooo offended by the show. I’m like come on dude. Do we think dr’s lawyers cops and firemen are depicted accurately?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT