ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Finds

Maid turned out to be really good. I’ve officially run out of things to watch. Dexter needs to hurry
Have you watched The Movies That Made Us? That's a great documentary series. They just came out with a new season. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Ended up watching Dune on HBO. Thought it was pretty bland. The visuals were really good, but the story was kind of repetitive. Pacing and editing was also subpar. 6/10

“Harder they fall”

so this was strange. A black cowboy revenge western. Great cast, lots of gore, some humor, idiotic plot.
⭐️⭐️

“dune”

if you saw the first you’ve seen this one. I don’t get spending what has to have been millions on an exact duplicate. Even the sets and costumes were the same
⭐️⭐️

“mind hunter”

my daughter turned me on to this one. At first I wasn’t liking it but I stuck it out a couple episodes and it has become very good. Couple guys start the behavioral sciences arm of the fbi (against much resistance) by going around interviewing serial killers and profiling them. Being exposed to such sickness takes it’s toll on their personal and work relationships.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“you”

I Had given up on this a few episodes into season 2. But I heard season 3 was excellent so we went back to season 2 to finish and it’s good. Sort of a “dexterish” love story/drama about a guy with a habit of stalking and locking people up in cages when they cross him.
⭐️⭐️⭐️

Last edited:
Watched Shang-Chi. Not bad. It was your standard marvel movie. Some jokes wrapped around an action movie with a weak villain. 7/10

Reactions: Grayhead
I'm rewatching Upload, anxiously awaiting Season 2. Also waiting for season four of Stranger Things and the next seasons of Better Call Saul, Ozark, and Vikings, among others.

I keep trying to watch The Expanse because friends have enjoyed it, but I just can't get any interest momentum going.

I'm rewatching Upload, anxiously awaiting Season 2. Also waiting for season four of Stranger Things and the next seasons of Better Call Saul, Ozark, and Vikings, among others.

I keep trying to watch The Expanse because friends have enjoyed it, but I just can't get any interest momentum going.
Do they have a date for Better Call Saul yet? I still need to finish up last season. Only got about half way through it. I know @toophly1124 will be disappointed in me.

Do they have a date for Better Call Saul yet? I still need to finish up last season. Only got about half way through it. I know @toophly1124 will be disappointed in me.
Dang homie. Idk it’s sometime next year. Bob had a small heart attack a few months ago on set that pushed if back even further. I did read where they’re almost done filming.

Dang homie. Idk it’s sometime next year. Bob had a small heart attack a few months ago on set that pushed if back even further. I did read where they’re almost done filming.
This is the last season, right? Seems like I heard somewhere that was the original plan.

Same here I’ve tried twice to get into expanse based on friends rec’s. Watched 4 episodes. Just mehhh

I had heard Midnight Mass was good but it was garbage IMO. I only gave it a chance because Haunting of Hill House was so good.

I just started The Imposters on Netflix. Ony two episodes in but I like it so far. I'm not sure I'd heard of it before but its got two seasons.

Last edited:
“True story” with Kevin hart was great. He plays a famous comedian drawn into trouble by his brother

“Wheel of time” has been pretty good. Sci fi fantasy similar to LOTR. unbelievable scenery

“Yellowjackets” girls soccer team plane crashes on deserted island and they go all “lord of the flies”. we watched two episodes and gave up. Too teeny bopper

“Dexter” new season has been good so far. His grown son returns

“Yellowstone”. Hate it. Corny, campy testosterone fueled romance novel yawn fest. I don’t get it.

“Succession” new season. Media mogul family drama with lots of sordid shenanigans and backstabbing as siblings jockey to take over dads empire. I like it. Wife hates it.

“True story” with Kevin hart was great. He plays a famous comedian drawn into trouble by his brother

“Wheel of time” has been pretty good. Sci fi fantasy similar to LOTR. unbelievable scenery

“Yellowjackets” girls soccer team plane crashes on deserted island and they go all “lord of the flies”. we watched two episodes and gave up. Too teeny bopper

“Yellowstone”. Hate it. Corny, campy testosterone fueled romance novel yawn fest. I don’t get it.

“Succession” new season. Media mogul family drama with lots of sordid shenanigans and backstabbing as siblings jockey to take over dads empire. I like it. Wife hates it.

Succession is great. Cant decide yet how I like S3 compared to the others, but all of the main actors in that show are awesome.

" “Dexter” new season has been good so far. His grown son returns "

I agree. The son shows indications of making a great new Dexter. Hope that happens. Witness his pleasure at seeing the mutilation sketches of the outcast kid's tormentors.

And I'm glad they retained the musical theme, it really gets the uh, blood flowing.

Serious possible plot hole(s) and and intriguing possible misstep by Dexter....he goes traipsing through the woods at night dragging some scent-ridden rag over the snow, somehow apparently forgetting that there are cameras around. And the body in the incinerator seems like a great idea except for the possibility that somebody might discover bones or bone fragments.

Reactions: heelmanwilm

I read some (all?) of the Wheel of Time books years ago. I don't know if I'd remember them very well, but do want to watch the series.

“untold malice at the palace” also good…footage unseen until this doc

and tim donaghy was a ref that night which is just weird seeing.

As heelman says, True Story is great. Kinda different for Hart and I like Snipes in just about everything.

Just finished “Ted lasso”

Wow

So first of all a couple episodes in I found it corny, campy, at times stupid but somewhat amusing. So I kept with it (mainly due to talk in here) and I am so glad I did. Talk about developing characters! The show is amazing. I can’t remember ever watching a show that evolves like this one. If you haven’t seen it def check it out and make sure you go at least 4 episodes in before passing judgement

The new matrix movie is coming out this week. Wasn't really excited for it and thought it was unnecessary given how the last movie ended. The trailers have looked pretty good, so now I'm curious about the new one.

My daughter convinced me to watch “Witcher”. A sci fi fantasy about well…witches. I gave in mainly cause we were out of town all weekend and only had access to netflix. I’ve never been so confused by a show. And that’s with my daughter explaining it.

My daughter convinced me to watch “Witcher”. A sci fi fantasy about well…witches. I gave in mainly cause we were out of town all weekend and only had access to netflix. I’ve never been so confused by a show. And that’s with my daughter explaining it.
Maybe you need to play the video games first. :)

Watched the new Matrix yesterday. Thought it was pretty bland. How they explained the need to bring back Neo and Trinity was just weird and confusing. They even tried to insert some meta, fourth wall break type of stuff in it, which didn't fit at all. One of the biggest things the Matrix is known for is the action and it just wasn't up to the standard of the first three. Just felt like the type of action you would see from a more generic movie. I'll give it a 6/10. If you liked how the first trilogy ended, no reason to watch this one unless you are just curious,

" “Dexter” new season has been good so far. His grown son returns "

I agree. The son shows indications of making a great new Dexter. Hope that happens. Witness his pleasure at seeing the mutilation sketches of the outcast kid's tormentors.

And I'm glad they retained the musical theme, it really gets the uh, blood flowing.

Serious possible plot hole(s) and and intriguing possible misstep by Dexter....he goes traipsing through the woods at night dragging some scent-ridden rag over the snow, somehow apparently forgetting that there are cameras around. And the body in the incinerator seems like a great idea except for the possibility that somebody might discover bones or bone fragments.
Dexter is on showtime correct?? Watched first episode on Amazon prime but don’t have showtime to continue unless anyone wants to share……

Dexter is on showtime correct?? Watched first episode on Amazon prime but don’t have showtime to continue unless anyone wants to share……

I was real excited about the return and loved the first episode. Having said that this is not dexter as we know it. Michael hall is the producer now and he puts a totally different spin on the character. Not near as dark and brooding. Even funny at times. It’s not bad. I enjoy it. But it’s not near as good as original.

@sctarheel30

I was real excited about the return and loved the first episode. Having said that this is not dexter as we know it. Michael hall is the producer now and he puts a totally different spin on the character. Not near as dark and brooding. Even funny at times. It’s not bad. I enjoy it. But it’s not near as good as original.
glad you posted this, I have exactly the same take. Was really into it right at first but I've cooled on it. It's interesting but compared to the original, it's fairly insipid. And it has annoying premature jump-the-shark moments as well; Dexter's GF somehow manages to bump into Angel? Really? Give me a break. Dexter in the original was a deep, sympathetic character, now he's some old dude you wave and smile at but don't go out of your way to converse with.

And the kid, at this point, I just want to smack around a little. Enough with the chip, kid. And Dex's new GF is no Rita. Course, maybe I'm still pissed that they killed her off. His sister is a screeeeching banshee...tone it down a tad, Sis.

To make things worse, I went back and started rewatching the original while missing the last few episodes of the New.. Now, when I have time to watch a Dexter episode, I drag up the next original instead of catching up on the New, because it's much better. But the new Dex is good enough to keep watching, and hoping that characters will develop some and that the plot will...thicken...like blood, get it?

• Haha
@sctarheel30

glad you posted this, I have exactly the same take. Was really into it right at first but I've cooled on it. It's interesting but compared to the original, it's fairly insipid. And it has annoying premature jump-the-shark moments as well; Dexter's GF somehow manages to bump into Angel? Really? Give me a break. Dexter in the original was a deep, sympathetic character, now he's some old dude you wave and smile at but don't go out of your way to converse with.

And the kid, at this point, I just want to smack around a little. Enough with the chip, kid. And Dex's new GF is no Rita. Course, maybe I'm still pissed that they killed her off. His sister is a screeeeching banshee...tone it down a tad, Sis.

To make things worse, I went back and started rewatching the original while missing the last few episodes of the New.. Now, when I have time to watch a Dexter episode, I drag up the next original instead of catching up on the New, because it's much better. But the new Dex is good enough to keep watching, and hoping that characters will develop some and that the plot will...thicken...like blood, get it?

He has yet to listen to anything his sister says er screams

Agree on Rita. You could argue the shows decline after killing her off. Damn she was hot

Life hack: if you’re going into hiding with a secret identity…don’t date a cop

Reactions: bluetoe
He has yet to listen to anything his sister says er screams

Agree on Rita. You could argue the shows decline after killing her off. Damn she was hot

Life hack: if you’re going into hiding with a secret identity…don’t date a cop
"Life hack: if you’re going into hiding with a secret identity…don’t date a cop"

most excellent advice, hope everyone here with anti-social aspirations heeds it. I know I will.

Instead look for an innocent type like Rita. I'm still in love with Rita, and I know I'm not alone in wanting to fix her plumbing for her. The dude that butchered her broke my heart and gave serial killers a bad name.

Not NetFlix or Amazon Video but I have to say It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia continues to make me laugh after all these years. It's never gotten stale even though the characters have barely evolved.

Watched the new Matrix yesterday. Thought it was pretty bland. How they explained the need to bring back Neo and Trinity was just weird and confusing. They even tried to insert some meta, fourth wall break type of stuff in it, which didn't fit at all. One of the biggest things the Matrix is known for is the action and it just wasn't up to the standard of the first three. Just felt like the type of action you would see from a more generic movie. I'll give it a 6/10. If you liked how the first trilogy ended, no reason to watch this one unless you are just curious,

Thats interesting considering how good Keanu has been in the action sequences in the John Wick series. He did a ton of firearm and stunt training for that series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT