ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Finds

“Brand new cherry flavor”

where do I begin? Easily the sickest most twisted series I’ve ever watched. Sci fi/horror/comedy about a girl trying to get her movie picked up by a Hollywood producer. Zombies, guinea pig stew, Lots of kittens and a side vagina. Can’t decide if it’s genius or the worst thing ever. I’d be interested in y’all’s takes.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
or
⭐️

“white lotus” a week in a Hawaii resort with eccentric guests and staff. You will see a man eating another mans ass out and taking a shit in someone’s luggage.. Nttawwt. Starts slow then goes completely ape shit. Funny as hell.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“Brand new cherry flavor”

where do I begin? Easily the sickest most twisted series I’ve ever watched. Sci fi/horror/comedy about a girl trying to get her movie picked up by a Hollywood producer. Zombies, guinea pig stew, Lots of kittens and a side vagina. Can’t decide if it’s genius or the worst thing ever. I’d be interested in y’all’s takes.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
or
⭐️

“white lotus” a week in a Hawaii resort with eccentric guests and staff. You will see a man eating another mans ass out and taking a shit in someone’s luggage.. Nttawwt. Starts slow then goes completely ape shit. Funny as hell.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
are you sure you don't have the titles mixed up?

I was very pleasantly surprised to see the THIRD season of Ozark last night saw the first two episodes... I gotta feeling this is not going to end well for Marty...and his wife Wendy seems to want to take over and become her very own Mob boss. Must watch stuff !!!
Just finished season three last night. Wow.

Reactions: gteeitup
Three episodes into “good behavior” and it’s excellent. Con artist teams up with hit man against her will. Filmed here in Wilmington and it’s cool seeing so many familiar places.

finished “safe” produced by and starring Michael c hall. He’s trying to solve mystery of missing daughter in a close knit gated community with lots of secrets. Lots of twists and turns. He has a British accent in this which is strange but he pulls it off

Hot take coming in. I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time last night. That's not the hot take though. This is the hot take. It was a bad movie. Pacing was horrible, editing was bad and the writing itself wasn't that good. The graphics were definitely ahead of it's time, but that's not a reason to declare a movie a classic. 4/10.

Reactions: strummingram
The chick in Money Heist is hot AF.

That is all.
gimme a break. I thought I'd check out 'the hot chick in Money Heist' because that happens to be an area of interest for me...but the cast of characters even in fine print is a list as long as my arm. Could you be a little more specific, like a character name or actual name?

gimme a break. I thought I'd check out 'the hot chick in Money Heist' because that happens to be an area of interest for me...but the cast of characters even in fine print is a list as long as my arm. Could you be a little more specific, like a character name or actual name?

Ursula Corbero aka 'Tokyo'

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F08%2Fmoney-heist-la-casa-de-papel-ursula-corbero-facts-0.jpg

ursula-fa02.jpg

Ursula Corbero aka 'Tokyo'

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fwp-content%2Fblogs.dir%2F6%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F08%2Fmoney-heist-la-casa-de-papel-ursula-corbero-facts-0.jpg

ursula-fa02.jpg
at first I wasn't that impressed but I did some looking around and on the basis of some pictures of her, presumably taken from what I believe to be the show you are referring to, I am definitely making room for her in my harem. Good Lord.

ETA: Actually, the pictures I found were from a movie titled 'Who Killed Bambi?'. There must be two Ursula Corberos because one of them is way more um, robust than the other. The less robust one is still cute though.

Last edited:
Hot take coming in. I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time last night. That's not the hot take though. This is the hot take. It was a bad movie. Pacing was horrible, editing was bad and the writing itself wasn't that good. The graphics were definitely ahead of it's time, but that's not a reason to declare a movie a classic. 4/10.
I didn't care for it the first time I saw it either, I think because my expectations got in the way. That's not unusual for a Stanley Kubrick flick, at least not with me. Same thing with Eyes Wide Shut. I hated it the first time, now I'll catch it whenever it's on. I rate it high.

If nothing else, it's gratifying to see a space movie that doesn't insult you with rocket ship sounds. And the background hum is mesmerizing. Visually it's easy on the eyes, like a good piece of music is easy on the ears.

SO isn't nearly my favorite movie but now I can enjoy it for what it is. I recommend giving it another shot.

Is anyone watching any of the rebooted shows?

Magnum PI
The Wonder Years
Charmed
Fantasy Island
Etc...?

With every one of them, they change races/genders of the main characters. If they want to have a female lead, create a new series, don't rehash an old one where those of us who watched the original are attached to the original characters and actors/actresses who played them.

The only one I've seen is two episodes Fantasy Island, they made the new host, the daughter (or granddaughter?) of "Mr. Rourke" so at least there is continuity and it's more of a sequel than a reboot. I have no interest in anyone other than Tom Selleck as Magnum and Fred Savage as Kevin Arnold.

I still watch the occasional Magnum PI from the 1980s. It holds up pretty well, though I will say that progress has been made on fist fight choreography in thirty years...

Clickbait was pretty damn good. I expected a certain twist that they started hinting for a short while but then it went in a totally different direction than I expected.

It’s not on Netflix but Succession comes back next month, so I’m pretty stoked about that. Brian Cox is one of my favorite actors ever.

The Blacklist has been an enjoyable watch. It’s not particularly great (or original) writing but it’s good entertainment for the end of the night when you’re almost ready to shut your brain off.

Reactions: toophly1124
Is anyone watching any of the rebooted shows?

Magnum PI
The Wonder Years
Charmed
Fantasy Island
Etc...?

With every one of them, they change races/genders of the main characters. If they want to have a female lead, create a new series, don't rehash an old one where those of us who watched the original are attached to the original characters and actors/actresses who played them.

The only one I've seen is two episodes Fantasy Island, they made the new host, the daughter (or granddaughter?) of "Mr. Rourke" so at least there is continuity and it's more of a sequel than a reboot. I have no interest in anyone other than Tom Selleck as Magnum and Fred Savage as Kevin Arnold.

I still watch the occasional Magnum PI from the 1980s. It holds up pretty well, though I will say that progress has been made on fist fight choreography in thirty years...
Reboots are almost always shit. I haven't watched any of the new ones and have no desire to watch them. Hollywood needs to figure out how to make something original.

Reboots are almost always shit. I haven't watched any of the new ones and have no desire to watch them. Hollywood needs to figure out how to make something original.
I happened to catch an episode of the new Fantasy Island. Some woman went back to the 18th or 19th century and had a lesbian affair. I never saw that on the original series.

• Haha
I happened to catch an episode of the new Fantasy Island. Some woman went back to the 18th or 19th century and had a lesbian affair. I never saw that on the original series.
Well, that's certainly an original plot point. That would seem to back up my point that reboots are shit though.

Well, that's certainly an original plot point. That would seem to back up my point that reboots are shit though.
The other story was some guy who goes on a survival hike with himself as a child. That was definitely lame. It just happened to be on, so it's not likely that I'll watch it again. I rarely watch network television unless it's sports.

now i’m interested…when and where is this on?

please tell me they have a ricardo montalban and tatoo also.

now i’m interested…when and where is this on?

please tell me they have a ricardo montalban and tatoo also.
Nooo... The island director was also a female hottie. I don't remember what night, it was last week, one night.

Just started watching "Monsters Inside: The 24 faces of Billy Milligan". This is some good stuff right here. Like the movie "Split" but real person. Hours and hours of video's of him being studied and shit. Crazy to see him change on camera.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
“Midnight mass” is a story of a young priest bringing miracles to an isolated island community. This show is phenomenal. Addiction, religion, love….and oh yea….horror. If you’re tired of seeing same stuff this is def for you. Very cerebral, imcredibly intense take on an old theme I won’t mention to give anything away. But the best show I’ve seen in several years.

Last edited:
“Midnight mass” is a story of a young priest bringing miracles to an isolated island community. This show is phenomenal. Addiction, religion, love….and oh yea….horror. If you’re tired of seeing same stuff this is def for you. Very cerebral, imcredibly intense take on an old theme I won’t mention to give anything away. But the best show I’ve seen in several years.
~NY Times Movies

Two episodes in “maid” and am enjoying it. Woman with kid leaves abusive husband and tries to make it on her own. Yea sounds boring but somehow it’s not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT