ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Finds

So there a huge amount of buzz about a movie called “the whale” starring, of all people, brandan fraser. At its premiere at a festival in Venice people were openly sobbing at the end and gave a 6 min standing ovation. They’re saying Fraser is a shoe in for an Oscar in portraying an obese man trying to reconnect with his daughter. Many of the critics there saying it’s the best movie they’ve ever seen. Sounds interesting.
Yeah, I've been hearing about it too. I've always liked Fraser, but never thought of him as an Oscar candidate. Of course if you would have told me the guy who sang Getting Jiggy With It would win the Oscar moments after bitch slapping someone, I probably wouldn't have believed you.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Not Netflix related. The guys who hosted Live PD now have a copy of the show called On Patrol Live. Glad someone thumbed their noses at the woke crowd and put it back on the air. A&E is suing them for copyright

Not Netflix related. The guys who hosted Live PD now have a copy of the show called On Patrol Live. Glad someone thumbed their noses at the woke crowd and put it back on the air. A&E is suing them for copyright
there’s also an issue locally with them(former production co) here…can’t get too ouch into it, but our firm has been involved.

if you watched the show religiously as some did you might recall an accident that occurred on the show that involved a county deputy and a multiple felon.

Just saw this on Netflix...

Really good, just over two hours for the full film on Netflix.

there’s also an issue locally with them(former production co) here…can’t get too ouch into it, but our firm has been involved.

if you watched the show religiously as some did you might recall an accident that occurred on the show that involved a county deputy and a multiple felon.
The old show? Or new show?

They seem to have improved in a few ways. Still, Richmond County and Berkeley County could support the show alone.

As for the old show, they caved to the whole woke thing. They also followed Leo's into homes, which this show doesn't do as much.
About as real reality TV as you can find

Black phone was good. Kid gets kidnapped by a serial killer and starts getting phone calls in his room telling him how to escape.
I saw that a few weeks ago. Not what I was expecting at all. Thought it was going to be a horror movie, but was more of a thriller. Not bad, just surprised me.

I saw that a few weeks ago. Not what I was expecting at all. Thought it was going to be a horror movie, but was more of a thriller. Not bad, just surprised me.
Yea they marketed it as a horror flick which is why I watched it. It does have some horror i guess but def not a horror movie.

Just finished watching Dahmer on Netflix and JFC that was one crazy guy. I didn't know all the details of the people he killed. It's a pretty decent series, but that shit is like a real life Hostel movie.

Reactions: chickenhunter
I don't have Apple TV but wondered if any of you who do, have you watched "See?" The premise sounds intriguing and I was just wondering if it's a good series.

I don't have Apple TV but wondered if any of you who do, have you watched "See?" The premise sounds intriguing and I was just wondering if it's a good series.
is this the story about the tar heel defense?

sorry, couldn’t resist.

haven’t heard of it, but will check it out…dahmer thanks ( @tarheel0910 )is next on my plate when i finish cobra kai 🤦🏼‍♂️

Reactions: tarheel0910
is this the story about the tar heel defense?

sorry, couldn’t resist.

haven’t heard of it, but will check it out…dahmer thanks ( @tarheel0910 )is next on my plate when i finish cobra kai 🤦🏼‍♂️
It's kind of a slow burn the first episode or two, but damn, I can't emphasize enough how ****ed up that guy was.

Halloween ends was better than I figured it would be. I liked how they paid homage to the first both in “campiness” at times and recreating certain iconic moments.

vice channel promo here…dark side of the 90’s - the viper room is pretty good…all the beasts now, except 30 years ago.

I was a kid and saw the TV version of this with Richard Thomas and Ernest Borgnine. I read the novel in high school and it was life-changing. It's pretty obvious why the Nazis banned it in the 1930s. It tells the absolute truth.

This film version is... THE BEST! This is probably the best war film I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them. It's in German and you have to deal with subtitles, but, it's worth it. You can opt for the English dialogue (and they speak with English accents), but it's better to hear them speak in German and read the subtitles.

ETA: Unfortunately, it didn't really follow the actual book, and I'm not sure why that was abandoned. Remarque's book was perfect.

Last edited:
finished it last week, that was crazy.

now i’m watching the “tapes” of him netflix special to find out how legit that doc was.

i didn’t know a couple of things about him before this.
From what I read, it was pretty spot on. Especially the court room shots. The only big difference was the neighbor was more of a composite of two people. Here's one of the courtroom shots.

Reactions: gteeitup
Yes really enjoyed it. Best season since first.
Yeah, definitely better than last season and a little ahead of the second. Although I will say that how this season went kind of helped the third season make sense. You can see how it was set up to give season four a great completion to his character.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Just finished rewatching 'this is the end' prior to tipoff. Gotta be one of the funniest things on Netflix right now. Close to pissing pee-pants on this scene

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT