ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Finds

Lawless is good. It’s about the Bondurant brothers and moonshining in Franklin County, Virginia during Prohibition. Good book, good movie.
I caught this on cable some time back, or I should say I caught a large part of it. I thought it was very good, good enough that I wanted to catch the whole film...but it never came on again when I could see it from the beginning.

Great cast. Lots of violence. Malevolence was almost over the top, which is just how I like it; because when I take sides and want to see the villain get blowed up real good, the movie has really sucked me in.

I don't read that much anymore, but maybe I'll try to find the book, because to me the book is almost always better than the movie.

Reactions: Archer2
I know this is a movie and not a series, but I couldn't find a movie thread.

I finally got to see D&D: Honor Among Thieves and loved it. Chris Pine is cast perfectly and even though Michelle Rodriguez usually irritates me, she works well in her role. There's plenty of really good scenery/visuals and lots of banter and humor. Kind of like a group of friends actually playing the game--but not taking it too seriously.

I did play D&D for a while back in the 80s so it probably has more appeal to someone like me but the fact that it isn't a hard take on the genre might make it appeal to a broader audience.

I know this is a movie and not a series, but I couldn't find a movie thread.

I finally got to see D&D: Honor Among Thieves and loved it. Chris Pine is cast perfectly and even though Michelle Rodriguez usually irritates me, she works well in her role. There's plenty of really good scenery/visuals and lots of banter and humor. Kind of like a group of friends actually playing the game--but not taking it too seriously.

I did play D&D for a while back in the 80s so it probably has more appeal to someone like me but the fact that it isn't a hard take on the genre might make it appeal to a broader audience.
revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

untold…johnny football

and we wonder the impact of these kids when they’re on a campus for a minute…we just finished a college tour with our 17 yr old and the primary focus of the guides was the education, but second was “you’ve heard of…”

untold…johnny football

and we wonder the impact of these kids when they’re on a campus for a minute…we just finished a college tour with our 17 yr old and the primary focus of the guides was the education, but second was “you’ve heard of…”

Anyone remember the move Johnny Be Good with Anthony Michael Hall--probably in the late 80s? Johnny Manzel always made me think of that movie.

Reactions: gteeitup
“beau is afraid”
Dark humor

Well we already know Joaquin phoenix is weird af so who better to play a mentally ill person who spirals further into insanity over the death of his mom and his journey to her funeral. It’s long (3hrs) and attempts to portray how a mentally ill person perceives the world. Not with your typical fuzzy hallucinations and over the top cgi but a very realistic take where he can’t differentiate between reality and paranoia. It’s from the guy who wrote “hereditary” which if you havent seen is one fuking scary movie and nothing like typical fare. Anyway I thought it was brilliant myself. Sort of clock work orange-ish

“beau is afraid”
Dark humor

Well we already know Joaquin phoenix is weird af so who better to play a mentally ill person who spirals further into insanity over the death of his mom and his journey to her funeral. It’s long (3hrs) and attempts to portray how a mentally ill person perceives the world. Not with your typical fuzzy hallucinations and over the top cgi but a very realistic take where he can’t differentiate between reality and paranoia. It’s from the guy who wrote “hereditary” which if you havent seen is one fuking scary movie and nothing like typical fare. Anyway I thought it was brilliant myself. Sort of clock work orange-ish
he might be Weird af but I'll watch just about anything he's in, just because he's in it. Chances are there's gonna be some fine acting. Or weirdness, which is also entertaining.

“beau is afraid”
Dark humor

I don't get the hype for Hereditary. Thought it was "meh" at best.

Reactions: bluetoe
I don't get the hype for Hereditary. Thought it was "meh" at best.
it was better than a lot of that kind of flick, but I'm like you, sort of meh especially considering the hype over its scariness.

To be top notch scary, there needs to be a story that draws you in, and not just a lot of freaky scary shots and effects.

“untold” is at it again with “swamp kings”

this series on netflix is outstanding…every single one of their sports docs are as good as 30 for 30.

untold…johnny football

i love the Untold series but i was a bit letdown with this one. nothing new, no surprises. still a fun watch overall.

watch 'Painkillers' ... Purdue pharma / oxycontin story. knew the addictions issues but the behind-the-scenes company stuff is maddening.

A while ago I started rewatching NCIS from the beginning.

Until it happened, I'd forgotten they kill off one of the best characters fairly early on. I was just as shocked and pissed off the 2nd time around.

Watched No One Will Save You on Hulu. Interesting movie. Has an invasion of the body snatchers feel to it. Worth a watch if you like horror/sifi movies.

“Lioness” on Amazon was a good series watch. Supposedly based on a real psy ops that implants women to befriend other women close to “targets”

man i wish i knew how to post a gif
before you go off in the wrong direction, please understand I should have said 'what does that mean anymore?'.

If you're trying to find a GIF of some real girl-on-girl action, I can help you out....

200w.gif

• Sad
There’s a guy on tik tok “movie detective” that has shown Easter eggs in Pixar movies that show the kids in diff movies are related or the same kid from another Pixar movie grown up and so on. It’s pretty cool. He uses background stuff like pics on the walls that are obviously intentionally drawn into the movies. Having raised two kids on Pixar movies makes it interesting at least. If you haven’t seen them you prob won’t gaf.

There’s a guy on tik tok “movie detective” that has shown Easter eggs in Pixar movies that show the kids in diff movies are related or the same kid from another Pixar movie grown up and so on. It’s pretty cool. He uses background stuff like pics on the walls that are obviously intentionally drawn into the movies. Having raised two kids on Pixar movies makes it interesting at least. If you haven’t seen them you prob won’t gaf.
They put those in there because Disney would do it with their cartoons. It's crazy how much Disney hides in their cartoons and there are always hidden Micky heads.

Nelli
Michael Irvin
Stone cold
The Boz
Adam Sandler
The cross-eyed guy, terry something
Chris rock
Romo
Rob Schneider
Burt Reynolds...
All the espn guys including Bergman

Is there any movie that can top this star studded list when you're in Mexico alone while your toddler is napping and every channel is in Spanish and you have a bottle of captain Morgan's and mex coke?

Name it.

Nelli
Michael Irvin
Stone cold
The Boz
Adam Sandler
Chris rock
Romo
Rob Schneider
Burt Reynolds...

Is there any movie that can top this star studded list when you're in Mexico alone while your toddler is napping and every channel is in Spanish and you have a bottle of captain Morgan's and mex coke?

Name it.
The original is far superior and has a lot of big names from before your time.

Nelli
Michael Irvin
Stone cold
The Boz
Adam Sandler
Chris rock
Romo
Rob Schneider
Burt Reynolds...

Name it.
The Longest Yard?

Nelli
Michael Irvin
Stone cold
The Boz
Adam Sandler
Chris rock
Romo
Rob Schneider
Burt Reynolds...

Name it.
Mex coke? I’ve heard it was pretty good.

Breaking News: Fletch is on netflix.

PS The Killer with Fassbender by David Fincher is damn good.

New season of true detective is starting out good. Got a real sci fi element this time around. Or making you think that at least. Kinda got a “Fargo” feel to it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT