ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Finds

I saw a Netflix only movie Glass Onion (a Knives Out movie) - I liked the original pretty well, and liked this one, too. Its not too intense and a bit hokey in some parts, pretty unbelievable, but decent time burning entertainment.

Daniel Craig and Edward Norton are key lead role members, includes Kate Hudson and some other lesser named actors.

I saw a Netflix only movie Glass Onion (a Knives Out movie) - I liked the original pretty well, and liked this one, too. Its not too intense and a bit hokey in some parts, pretty unbelievable, but decent time burning entertainment.

Daniel Craig and Edward Norton are key lead role members, includes Kate Hudson and some other lesser named actors.
I saw it (most of it). Weird movie. Maybe not weird, but strange. Maybe not strange, just different. I missed the first part and I had a hard time following it.

Didn't even realize Kate Hudson was in it.

Reactions: Heelicious
I saw it (most of it). Weird movie. Maybe not weird, but strange. Maybe not strange, just different. I missed the first part and I had a hard time following it.

Didn't even realize Kate Hudson was in it.
Agreed on it being hard to follow especially if you didn't see it from the beginning, because about 1/3 or 1/2 of the way through they go back in time to explain who ended up on the island and why. It was sort of hard to follow even from the beginning. I wouldn't say the writing was great. A bit lazy and over the top to try to get cheap laughs, etc. The characters were a bit too extreme, unbelievable, but I thought Daniel Craig was pretty good in it.

We're all getting older, I know, but I didn't realize that was her either. The aging process hasn't been too kind. She kind of played a mess of a person who let herself go in the movie, and it fit pretty well. She used to be quite attractive I thought.

Reactions: bluetoe
Agreed on it being hard to follow especially if you didn't see it from the beginning, because about 1/3 or 1/2 of the way through they go back in time to explain who ended up on the island and why. It was sort of hard to follow even from the beginning. I wouldn't say the writing was great. A bit lazy and over the top to try to get cheap laughs, etc. The characters were a bit too extreme, unbelievable, but I thought Daniel Craig was pretty good in it.

We're all getting older, I know, but I didn't realize that was her either. The aging process hasn't been too kind. She kind of played a mess of a person who let herself go in the movie, and it fit pretty well. She used to be quite attractive I thought.
I liked Craig also, but talk about aging...I commented to family members watching it with me that it seems like only yesterday I first saw him play Bond....and look at him now. His Southern accent wasn't perfect but it wasn't obnoxious either. I like him in pretty much anything, I think he's a pretty good actor.

Good acting in a movie or TV show usually overcomes most of the bad elements for me. Overall I enjoyed watching it and I might watch it again just to see if the pieces fit better for me....and to see if I recognize Kate Hudson this time.

White Lotus 2 wasn't as good as the first season to me, but I liked it.

But holy hell Lucia is amazing. Anyone else agree that she's hotter than A. Daddario or the other gal from Season 1?

Reactions: gteeitup
Not Netflix, instead Peacock, but watched the first two episodes of Poker Face last night. I liked it a lot. Natasha Lyonne as Charlie Cale - a funny and witty character whose life is sort of a mess, but she has an art/gift of always being able to detect truth and lies in anyone.

She uses this skill to win at card games but also to solve murder mysteries. Her demeanor has been compared to Columbo in her mystery solving methods and mannerisms, questions.

It is set in a fictional Nevada town I assume close to Vegas. Lots of good supporting / guest actors too. Great writing IMO. Created by Rian Johnson who also created the Knives Out movies. Worth checking out IMO.

Reactions: Archer2
Last of us has been excellent so far (3episodes). When I first heard of another zombie apocalypse show I was “mehhh”. But a couple things set it apart. First it’s actually believable in how it happens and that makes the well acted story lines gut wrenching. Second it’s not big on the gore factor like TWD. Which to me became over done and tiresome

No doubt the best Batman. The kid in me is super excited that Keaton was brought back for the Flash movie coming out this year.
Always felt he was vastly underrated as an actor. If you like him you’ve got to see “bird man” real good watch. And I love beetlejuice

Always felt he was vastly underrated as an actor. If you like him you’ve got to see “bird man” real good watch. And I love beetlejuice
I've seen Birdman. It was pretty good. I think he was underrated for a while, but has become much more appreciated starting around the time of Birdman. A movie of his that flies under the radar is The Founder. I think that's a really good one.

I've seen Birdman. It was pretty good. I think he was underrated for a while, but has become much more appreciated starting around the time of Birdman. A movie of his that flies under the radar is The Founder. I think that's a really good one.
Haven’t seen that. Tks

Somehow just now discovered “the league”. Pretty funny about guys in a fantasy football league. Sort of on the lines of sunny in Philly and curb your enthusiasm

Reactions: blazers
“Mad God”

Wow where to begin. It’s stop motion animation that took 30yrs to complete. It’s easy to see why. The animation alone makes it a must see. As for the content? Holy shit. Disturbing, disgusting, demented, shocking, twisted….at the same time amazing, incredible, mind blowing. imagine Tim burton being possessed by satan and dropping acid. Be warned it is not for the queasy nor for prob 90% of adult movie watchers.

murdaugh murders is something i’m interested in now because of the current trial i’m wrapped up in…so far it’s pretty accurate and i have noticed one detail that the prosecution has not hit on more, but i’ll wait until the trial is over.

as far as the trial, alex murdaugh is supposed to testify today in his own defense which is kind of surprising…i expect the cross to be really special, hope so anyway…i think he’s guilty af and deserves nothing short of life in prison.

eta: i think hung jury…the state has presented what we all know, he’s a lying pos, but only circumstantial for murder…the state investigation was shoddy, just terrible missteps…one thing is certain, alex will never see freedom.

Last edited:
I watched Banshees of Isherin cuz I loved Im Bruge. Verdict:
inlivingcolor.gif

Out of ideas, I watched The Woman in the House across the Street From the Girl in the Window. I didn't realize it was a parody of murder mysteries until partway in. It kind of bounces between serious and parody. I enjoyed it well enough, but the ending (it's eight episodes, though they do leave it open to another season) has one of the best and funniest fight scenes I've seen. That's when it goes full-on parody.

I managed to finish Outer Banks. Wasnt the best in the world, but enjoyed all the reference close to home. I remembered when Bacot was invited to be on the show. I figured he would have some relvent part for a portion of the episode. I lol'ed when he basically had 1 line.
I wonder how much time he spent on set to fill that 1 simple role. 1 word is all he got LOL.

I managed to finish Outer Banks. Wasnt the best in the world, but enjoyed all the reference close to home. I remembered when Bacot was invited to be on the show. I figured he would have some relvent part for a portion of the episode. I lol'ed when he basically had 1 line.
I wonder how much time he spent on set to fill that 1 simple role. 1 word is all he got LOL.
Lol my wife was “in” dirty dancing when we lived in Asheville. She spent a month on the set usually standing around. She had no speaking role, only as an extra dancing. Ended up not in the final edit except when the camera pans down a group standing against the wall towards the end it stops before it gets to her and you briefly see her elbow.

I remember when last of the Mohicans was being filmed near Asheville as well. All those American Indian looking actors with their Mohawks would be hanging out all over Asheville in the bars, man those guys were getting laid.

“Waco: american apocalypse “ somehow I’ve never seen the “full story” on what happened there. God what a cluster fuk. Combine heavily armed religious fuk nuts thinking they’re protecting Christ with totally incompetent atf agents and negotiators not in the loop on what’s going on….makes for an interesting but very sad story.

“Waco: american apocalypse “ somehow I’ve never seen the “full story” on what happened there. God what a cluster fuk. Combine heavily armed religious fuk nuts thinking they’re protecting Christ with totally incompetent atf agents and negotiators not in the loop on what’s going on….makes for an interesting but very sad story.
watched the other show about this during the beginning of covid and it was indeed nuts…that crazy looking actor taylor kitsch played david.

“Beef” on Netflix was very interesting and I enjoyed it a lot more than I anticipated. Two people get involved seeking revenge on each other over a road rage incident. That alone is entertaining but the show takes a totally unexpected incredibly intricate journey into their lives. All the main characters are Korean as well and it explores the working of the Korean evangelical movement which if you haven’t checked out is an interesting story. They tried to recruit my daughter who’s an agnostic and coaxed her into visiting a couple times.

Reactions: bluetoe and blazers
"Shiny Happy People" on Prime ... the back story of the crazy ass Duggar family. fascinating!

Lawless is good. It’s about the Bondurant brothers and moonshining in Franklin County, Virginia during Prohibition. Good book, good movie.
Is that the one with Shia LaBeouf? Haven't seen it in a long time, but it was pretty solid if I remember correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT