ADVERTISEMENT

Next HC

Roy deliberately took less than what he was worth due to his love for the university. And he was making $4.1M. From what I hear, Stevens is making less than that currently ($3.7M).

It's not unreasonable to think UNC would pay enough to get Stevens, if he were interested.
Yeah, unless he says something like $10 million, I don't think it would be an issue to pay him more than Roy. I don't think he comes here though.

If Stevens is interested does he quit his job with Boston ASAP so he can be announced at Carolina this week to get on the job with everything going on with the Transfer Portal and finalizing the roster for next year??

Reactions: Heelicious
Roy deliberately took less than what he was worth due to his love for the university. And he was making $4.1M. From what I hear, Stevens is making less than that currently ($3.7M).

It's not unreasonable to think UNC would pay enough to get Stevens, if he were interested.
I’m pretty sure that UNC has / can find the big money to lure the biggest fish there if it comes down to money. Not sure what they are making but guys like Stevens and Few deserve Calapari or Izzo or K money.

and Fwiw i don’t think Roy has a big ego on this issue or would be offended. If it is a guy Roy wants who is a proven guy like stevens or or Few I guess Roy would be all in favor of paying whatever it takes to get the top choice there.

Do you think Roy begrudges assistants of his or players of his cashing in bigly once gone from KU or UNC? I don’t at all. I see him being proud and happy that he helped these guys succeed.

Hubert will be named next HC soon

giphy.gif

If Stevens is interested does he quit his job with Boston ASAP so he can be announced at Carolina this week to get on the job with everything going on with the Transfer Portal and finalizing the roster for next year??
Other people know more about this than me but Celtics are an ongoing legit well run NBA org. People can come down with health or family issues or maybe part ways at any time due to differences, fit, etc.

For Cs to not have a plan B and plan C in place at all times would be criminal negligence. So there would have to be some way to work out a compromise buyout etc if Stevens came to them and said he really wanted the Heels job - assuming he got an interview and big legit offer.

Reactions: gteeitup
I guess Ed Cota agrees with the comments Stackhouse made a few weeks ago.
So now Ed Cota is a douche bag? Freaking unbelievable. Why are you so stuck on what Stack said a few weeks ago in the first place? The man gave his opinion and because you don't like his opinion that doesn't make him a bad coach. We need TOP Talent at UNC and Wes Miller dont have the resume or the brand to make that happen-yet. Stack does! You may not think young talented kids are not aware of the history of Jerry Stackhouse, but his AAU connection's say otherwise. And Plus he can coach, so what's the problem?

If we are looking for success 1-3 years, Stack all day. If we are looking for success 5-8 years down the road, Wes Miller might be your man.

Last edited:
So now Ed Cota is a douche bag? Unbelievable. Why are you so stuck on what Stack said a few weeks ago in the first place? The man gave his opinion and because you don't like his opinion that doesn't make him a bad coach. We need TOP Talent at UNC and Wes Miller dont have the resume or the brand to make that happen-yet. Stack does! You may not think young talented kids are not aware of the history of Jerry Stackhouse, but his AAU connection's say otherwise. And Plus he can coach, so what's the problem?

If we are looking for success 1-3 years, Stack all day. If we are looking for success 5-8 years down the road, Wes Miller might be your man.
Ok - you’re saying Stackhouse is the man in both recruiting and in coaching / winning. But in the last two years he gets a D- at best on a gracious grading scale - finishing at bottom of SEC.

Few great players stay beyond freshman Sophomore years. If he is such a great recruiter out of AAU and great coach and motivator and x / o guy - why can’t he even recruit and coach to get to middle of the pack in a pretty mediocre (beyond top 2-3 teams) SEC? Vandy should’ve blown UKs doors off like everyone else did this year but I think instead Vandy lost to uk twice.

many great coaches have said “you are exactly what your record says you are”. You can’t make up a bunch of anamoly excuses. That can’t fly. Trust your eyes.

maybe stack is just a much better fit for an nba job where he’s had proven success.

Other people know more about this than me but Celtics are an ongoing legit well run NBA org. People can come down with health or family issues or maybe part ways at any time due to differences, fit, etc.

For Cs to not have a plan B and plan C in place at all times would be criminal negligence. So there would have to be some way to work out a compromise buyout etc if Stevens came to them and said he really wanted the Heels job - assuming he got an interview and big legit offer.

not 100% on this, but stevens or wes or anyone else could even have clauses we aren’t privy to...let’s say he has an out for certain jobs, i bet he does or he did it wrong, and at any moment in time, that job opens, then they could part ways.

seeing what i’ve seen this year in the media, and posted on this site about his situation and how frosty in gets up there, it wouldn’t be a shocker to see the current 8th seeded c’s coach be allowed to go to a place he might have a clause for...that team is under .500 with a pretty good roster, certainly better than that record...who’s to say that org also isn’t ready for a new start while also possibly thinking “now is the time.”

i don’t know man, crazy s is happening right now...jerry stackhouse is interviewing and kenny smith is being consulted lol.

not 100% on this, but stevens or wes or anyone else could even have clauses we aren’t privy to...let’s say he has an out for certain jobs, i bet he does or he did it wrong, and at any moment in time, that job opens, then they could part ways.

seeing what i’ve seen this year in the media, and posted on this site about his situation and how frosty in gets up there, it wouldn’t be a shocker to see the current 8th seeded c’s coach be allowed to go to a place he might have a clause for...that team is under .500 with a pretty good roster, certainly better than that record...who’s to say that org also isn’t ready for a new start while also possibly thinking “now is the time.”

i don’t know man, crazy s is happening right now...jerry stackhouse is interviewing and kenny smith is being consulted lol.
Exactly. Boston may be the toughest most demanding high expectations job in the NBA. Brutal. Remember all the Pitino comments about the media and fans “sucking” in that city. He said that several times. I think they chew you up and spit you out if you don’t win. Sort of like Philly but worse. More demanding than LA even I think where at least they have 2 teams and fans seem more laid back.

Stevens has made plenty of only half joking not so subtle comments and “witty jokes” about the media and fans there. Would not surprise me one bit to see him go back to college where he seems so wired to do well.

Very smart x and o guy - maybe not wired to try to motivate and appease and coddle a bunch of immature narcissistic prima Donna millionaires - in a league whose popularity has dropped by about half in the last year.

Last edited:
here’s how spoiled i am and i’m freely admitting it.

this should’ve been done already...i don’t wanna wait till tuesday, i’ll be on the road, haha.

• Haha
here’s how spoiled i am and i’m freely admitting it.

this should’ve been done already...i don’t wanna wait till tuesday, i’ll be on the road, haha.
Well consulting The Raider is probably step 1 for Bubba and the chancellor in the process so I think they may heed what we’ve all said here and act swiftly 😏

Reactions: gteeitup
Ok - you’re saying Stackhouse is the man in both recruiting and in coaching / winning. But in the last two years he gets a D- at best on a gracious grading scale - finishing at bottom of SEC.

Few great players stay beyond freshman Sophomore years. If he is such a great recruiter out of AAU and great coach and motivator and x / o guy - why can’t he even recruit and coach to get to middle of the pack in a pretty mediocre (beyond top 2-3 teams) SEC? Vandy should’ve blown UKs doors off like everyone else did this year but I think instead Vandy lost to uk twice.

many great coaches have said “you are exactly what your record says you are”. You can’t make up a bunch of anamoly excuses. That can’t fly. Trust your eyes.

maybe stack is just a much better fit for an nba job where he’s had proven success.
He's a much better fit for a G League job than an NBA job.

Last year HOF RW's team was 1 click from being at the bottom of the ACC, so what you saying Heelicious?

You Keep bringing up Vandy like Vanderbilt is some kind of basketball juggernaut loaded with Top Level Talent! Its not. Bad fit for Vandy and bad fit for Jerry

A UNC and Stackhouse combo is the KEY!! Not too long ago UNC name alone was all that was needed to bring in top level talent. That's not the case any more and haven't been so for awhile now. UNC (unlike Vandy), is still seen as a basketball giant but unless someone can bridge the gap with the AAU circuit that luster will cont to fade. Like it or not, Stackhouse has that box checked TWICE! Plus the brother can coach!
Sure if we can grab Mark Few, Stevens, yes I would go that route; they are both great coaches, popular, and they are winning! But I think we all know they aren't coming to UNC so now what?

UNC combine with Jerry Stackhouse is money! And if you cant see that you are blindddd deep!

Last edited:
Reactions: ticket2ride04
andy k ....has reported the hubert has emerged as the leading candidate .....stack supposedly is interviewing this weekend ..........maybe others idk

Not trolling. But my resources are like my brother and his buddy in the Rams Club. They are usually right about everything to do with Carolina

okay just stop. This is the defining moment of bubbas career as an ad and if ANYONE thinks he would jeopardize such a home run hire by leaking the info to golf buddies at the rams club is delusional. He may hire stevens, but if he does your brother and whoever the hell else at the rams club will know no sooner than anyone else.

andy k ....has reported the hubert has emerged as the leading candidate .....stack supposedly is interviewing this weekend ..........maybe others idk
Andy K is a POS UNC hater, clown. His “inside sources” reporting saying Hubert is in the lead is probably just him talking to the DSPN wokesters hoping and wishing it were Hubert. I don’t even think Hubert really wants the job.

Why would Katz know more than people inside the tight inner circle of decision makers? I am really guessing that Heels are talking to Few and Stevens. If Katz doesn’t know or mention that, then I think Katz has about the same insider knowledge as most of the out of the loop guys on this board - like me.

lol, what have we turned into, scotland?

i feel like william wallace is about to show up and tell me why he’s not 7ft tall and doesn’t need to shoot fire balls out his arse.

If it's Hubert, then that means there's a sentimentality-coupled-with-social-statement that will result in years of failure and will require an even BIGGER miracle hire whenever they finally pull the plug on it.
I'll add... ANYONE except Hubert Davis! If Roy Williams wasn't the man for the job, and couldn't get the kids to buy-in to his leadership, then how in the hell is meek Hubert Davis going to get it done? I've yet to hear ANY valid reason why he's even being considered. He's a former player and on the current staff. Hoo-ray! And, when the current players transfer, who are they going to get to come and play for a guy who has NO head coaching experience? UNC- the school and name- will lose its clout in a hurry.

Andy K is a POS UNC hater, clown. His “inside sources” reporting saying Hubert is in the lead is probably just him talking to the DSPN wokesters hoping and wishing it were Hubert. I don’t even think Hubert really wants the job.

Why would Katz know more than people inside the tight inner circle of decision makers? I am really guessing that Heels are talking to Few and Stevens. If Katz doesn’t know or mention that, then I think Katz has about the same insider knowledge as most of the out of the loop guys on this board - like me.
Katz saying it is a good sign to me. That means that there is a very good chance it won't be Hubert.

Spoke with a former UNC women’s player and just asked her opinion on the subject, and tho she had no inside info, she basically thought it would be Coach Rob or Hubert.. She basically said Hubert was brought in as an assistant to groom him for the position, and the last few years he’s been given more responsibilities and is well liked by the players and the athletic department. She said that because the school is a state institution they still have to go thru the process and have interviews..so if Bubba truly is looking to stay in the family .. people are going to have to accept that Hubert could be the choice

Spoke with a former UNC women’s player and just asked her opinion on the subject, and tho she had no inside info, she basically thought it would be Coach Rob or Hubert.. She basically said Hubert was brought in as an assistant to groom him for the position, and the last few years he’s been given more responsibilities and is well liked by the players and the athletic department. She said that because the school is a state institution they still have to go thru the process and have interviews..so if Bubba truly is looking to stay in the family .. people are going to have to accept that Hubert could be the choice

if that’s the case, he’s failed...at basketball anyway, imo.

If this board only had info from people who had real knowledge as to what was really going on it'd be a barren wasteland. I feel sorry for some of you.

So now Ed Cota is a douche bag? Freaking unbelievable. Why are you so stuck on what Stack said a few weeks ago in the first place? The man gave his opinion and because you don't like his opinion that doesn't make him a bad coach. We need TOP Talent at UNC and Wes Miller dont have the resume or the brand to make that happen-yet. Stack does! You may not think young talented kids are not aware of the history of Jerry Stackhouse, but his AAU connection's say otherwise. And Plus he can coach, so what's the problem?

The problem? This is the problem.

I do not want Hubert Davis, Stackhouse, or Steve Robinson to be the next head coach. Stackhouse is not doing well so far at Vanderbilt, and is a loose cannon. People say Davis is qualified to be a head coach because he spent years being an assistant under Roy, but so did Matt Doherty. In fact Doherty was more qualified in 2000 than Davis is now. As for Robinson, he was a failure when he led FSU, ending in 4 consecutive losing seasons. Those 3 should not be in the conversation at all for a top 4 college basketball head coaching position. Cunningham should be fired if any of those 3 get the job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT