ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2021-22

still puzzled about that blitz call…sure, stafford usually gives you one in a game, but that call seemed too risky.

kupp has played everywhere, but in the slot he’s deadly and you want your safety to be in charge of that matchup???

Reactions: TarHeelMark
the overtime rule should be changed because if this weekend…at the very least, the league listens to the viewers haha…eyeballs baby!!!
Definitely for the playoffs. It happened to the chiefs a few years ago when they never got the ball, and now the bills end up "getting the business". Fans deserve better.

Why even play at all? Just do the coin-flip and it's over. That is total BS. I mean, granted, the Bills' defense should have performed better in the last 2 minutes of regulation. But, the OT rule is ridiculous.

Just play an extra quarter.
For the playoffs, this is a no brainer for them. Not having other games backing up so tight timewise like a normal weekend means adding more time simply means more commercials and more $$$. This may finally get some traction.

I was telling my son last night (goes to Alabama law school so he and I both follow college football more now)….

I know d1 college football has tweaked their OT rules some over the past decade or so but how it is now is really good, except maybe move the teams starting position back so they aren’t already in scoring position right away. In NFL - give both teams a chance starting at the 50.
If still tied after first possession for each, then move the ball to the 10 or something close to end zone, and force going for two on a td.
If still tied, just alternate 2 point conversion tries.
This is fair to both teams and would get resolved in the equivalent of another 15 game minutes of football, easily. Usually much quicker.

i think the nfl should adopt the college rule…maybe move it back to the 40yd line…it’s really an easy fix and i bet it gets done.

before the last decade i would’ve said “buffalo has the best defense in the league, they need to stop mahomes”…today, and in that particular game, it is whoever wins the coin toss is going to win the game…imo, it shouldn’t have come down to that.

Since the new overtime rules were implemented, the team that won the coin toss is 10-1 in the playoffs. This NEEDS to change for the playoffs. I don't care about regular season, but its a bullshit way to end a game of that much importance.

Every other sport that goes into overtime, extra innings, etc. both teams get opportunities to score, bat, kick, etc.

IMO, it's got to be sudden death at some point. Maybe one guaranteed possession each (extend current FG rule to TD's), but then sudden death. But being given "equal" or "fair" opportunity trying to outscore your opponent was the entire point of the prior 60 minutes of gameplay.

IDK if there's correlation between fatigue, player injury, and game time left, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is one. But I acknowledge that is a primary purpose of having 2nd and 3rd strings.

Stunning talent displayed by those 2 QB's though. And the bucs, obviously should've been playing for OT, why did they blitz? Kudos to Stafford for picking up on it.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Going to another team? The broadcast booth?
there’s talk about tv…there’s talk about a year off…there’s talk about dallas because he has a home there…some people think it’s been his goal because he and the jones’s have a great relationship.

It should be both teams get the ball and sudden death if both score the same.

Or why not just play a full quarter!
they used to play an extra quarter, when OT was first instituted (IIRC). Not sure when that changed but I suspect a lot of influencers had a hand in it, with the players union probably at the point.

I'd be happy if they'd just allow each team a shot at a TD. So simple and easy to fix, and no explanation as to why they won't change it is frustrating to my fandomishness.

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT