ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2021-22

it's little wonder...

And later in that game JuJu, who I generally dislike, caved in Burfict’s chest with a crack back block that I believe was the precipice of change in the NFL outlawing those kind of blocks.

But all that to say, some days justice picks her own fights. To see AB and Vontez Burfict both get their bells rung in one game is the Lord doing mankind’s work.

And later in that game JuJu, who I generally dislike, caved in Burfict’s chest with a crack back block that I believe was the precipice of change in the NFL outlawing those kind of blocks.

But all that to say, some days justice picks her own fights. To see AB and Vontez Burfict both get their bells rung in one game is the Lord doing mankind’s work.
I was pulling for Cincy because they were playing the Steelers, a team I despise; but they had Burfict, a player I didn't care that much for either. It was just a good night for me. What made it perfect was that I was watching the game with a die-hard Squealer fan buddy, and when they flagged Burfict I jumped up and started f'ing with him that it was a clean hit and that they always got help from the refs, that Burfict was a class act and anything else I could say that would get under my buddy's skin.

Reactions: Heelicious
Brain injuries and CTE cases are going to get worse and worse.
improved helmet design doesn't seem to be helping much. Should probably go back to these...

images

improved helmet design doesn't seem to be helping much. Should probably go back to these...

images
Helmets don't stop concussions. Until they can figure out a way to put an implant inside the skull around the brain, the concussions are just going to get worse, and more frequently. They have taught kids and adults to use their whole body as a missile, and lead with their head.

So, in essence, I agree with what you're saying. If they play in a way that they protect the head more, then hopefully they'd be less likely to experience numerous concussions.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluetoe
you cannot make this up…name release date is groundhog day

www.washingtonadmirals.com

except…

https://mlquidditch.com/club/washington/
If they go with "The Admirals"... I no longer have any NFL team favorite. Washington Football Team was unique, and it kept the traditional colors. Of course, the team still sucks. Snyder is a walking, talking, living, beathing, bonafide schleprock. He has, almost single-handedly, totally ruined a once-storied NFL franchise.

If they go with "The Admirals"... I no longer have any NFL team favorite. Washington Football Team was unique, and it kept the traditional colors. Of course, the team still sucks. Snyder is a walking, talking, living, beathing, bonafide schleprock. He has, almost single-handedly, totally ruined a once-storied NFL franchise.
Yeah, the admirals is pretty lame and generic. I actually like the WFT name. Like you said, it's unique.

NFL needs to change defensive PI to 15 yard penalty - period. Same as they do in college football. This BS spot foul crap where you can get something like a 40 yard penalty is asinine. If the WR interfered with a defender 40 yards downfield, they don't penalize the offense 40 yards, do they?
agree…man, i could start a thread and be the only one responding on how i’d synchronize college and pro football.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
this is probably the most wide open nfl playoffs in a decade.

who do you trust the most?
My take - you have to trust the QB's that have been there before...

Level 1: Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes
Level 2: Ben*, Dak, Allen, Tannehill, Stafford, Jimmy G
Level 3: Murray, Burrow, Jones, Carr, Hurts

*Big Ben would normally be level 1, but he's just a shell of himself.

ETA: I think any of the level 2 guys could win it all this year except Ben, and not sure I really trust Jimmy G. Don't think any of the level 3 guys could win it all yet.

Last edited:
Chargers coach is either insane or has the biggest sack ever. Dude just went for a 4th and 1 from their own 18 midway thru the 3rd only down by 3. Didn't make it and gave up an easy FG to Raiders.

Reactions: gteeitup
this is probably the most wide open nfl playoffs in a decade.

who do you trust the most?
Maybe Tennessee, actually. You have to be impressed with how the coach and team has responded and not caved when they lost Derrick Henry...and fought to not have any trip-ups, to secure the one seed even.

Easy answers are KC and GB...but both these teams defenses can get sloppy and careless at times. And like you said, it is pretty wide open with teams in both AFC and NFC able to put up big points.

@gteeitup you know I don't trust the Cowboys. At all. If their heads are right, and if they are coached and they perform at the top of their abilities, I think they could win it all.

If you look at all three phases of the game (minus their place kicker) - I think they are the most talented team in the league, and I don't think its even really that close. But getting people to not gag, to play up to their abilities, not make dumb mistakes, and for coaches to call a good game.... I just don't trust this team to do that - at all. Am totally expecting another epic underachievement, sadly

Reactions: gteeitup
NFL needs to change defensive PI to 15 yard penalty - period. Same as they do in college football. This BS spot foul crap where you can get something like a 40 yard penalty is asinine. If the WR interfered with a defender 40 yards downfield, they don't penalize the offense 40 yards, do they?
Agreed. Or at least go back to allowing coaches to challenge PI calls. They allowed that for what? one year? These can be such big game changing calls, as big as a turnover, or a catch, which coaches can challenge.

every pass play is practically a legal mugging, and you want to make it less of a penalty to mug a receiver, encouraging even more prevalent and bolder muggings? Not me. If the receiver isn't interfered with, he very likely at least has a reception for yardage to the spot of the foul. Why wouldn't it be logical to punish the defense by at least awarding the yardage the defender took away? And what about those cases where a defender knows he's beat for a TD, so he just hauls the receiver down. Robbing a team of a TD is only worth 15 yards? My thought has been the opposite, that is for college to ape the pros in this regard, which they sort of do for PI within 15 yards of the LOS.

But what I'd really rather see is better enforcement of PI, offensive and defensive, in both college and pro., regardless of the nature of the penalty. Or change the rule to make the muggings legal.

Reactions: Heelicious
every pass play is practically a legal mugging, and you want to make it less of a penalty to mug a receiver, encouraging even more prevalent and bolder muggings? Not me. If the receiver isn't interfered with, he very likely at least has a reception for yardage to the spot of the foul. Why wouldn't it be logical to punish the defense by at least awarding the yardage the defender took away? And what about those cases where a defender knows he's beat for a TD, so he just hauls the receiver down. Robbing a team of a TD is only worth 15 yards? My thought has been the opposite, that is for college to ape the pros in this regard, which they sort of do for PI within 15 yards of the LOS.

But what I'd really rather see is better enforcement of PI, offensive and defensive, in both college and pro., regardless of the nature of the penalty. Or change the rule to make the muggings legal.
Agreed. They almost never call offensive PI. LOKE 25% or less of the time they could / should call it.

I don't disagree with this but what about offensive PI? The offensive player can prevent an interception or maybe even a pick 6 and it's not nearly as damaging of a penalty as DPI is. That doesn't seem right.

whistle blew…ball is dead…some serious official bs.

i’m complaining because i have a parlay involved, but it still should be legit…the officiating in the nfl gets worse every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT