ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina Basketball Discussion Thread

Happy berfday

I think that was the best overall conference game this season.

Give Hubs credit... he showed that he and his staff could put the right guys together and have them compete and succeed just like the fan base is used to. They will hand a regular season banner this year. RJ gets ACCPOY. This regular season was better than 2022.

I dunno what kind of tournament team they'll be, but HD and the guys proved they deserve top 10 recognition with consistent play in a regular season. I think it was @tarheel0910 that emphasized that HD's 3rd season would be the one to really measure his potential as a head coach going forward. If he can do this on a regular basis, the UNC brand will flourish for another 20 years.
He passed his 3rd year test no doubt

Happy berfday

I think that was the best overall conference game this season.

Give Hubs credit... he showed that he and his staff could put the right guys together and have them compete and succeed just like the fan base is used to. They will hand a regular season banner this year. RJ gets ACCPOY. This regular season was better than 2022.

I dunno what kind of tournament team they'll be, but HD and the guys proved they deserve top 10 recognition with consistent play in a regular season. I think it was @tarheel0910 that emphasized that HD's 3rd season would be the one to really measure his potential as a head coach going forward. If he can do this on a regular basis, the UNC brand will flourish for another 20 years.
RJ is #2 in the ACC in minutes played. Thank gawd we don't play Tue or Wed this week, but it would be nice if we could shave a minute or two off his legs in all the tourney games.

RJ is #2 in the ACC in minutes played. Thank gawd we don't play Tue or Wed this week, but it would be nice if we could shave a minute or two off his legs in all the tourney games.
nobody cares for RJ more than me but I draw the line at shaving his legs.

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
I have doubts about Ryan's performance tonight. I can't decide which three point line on the 'Mike Sheshevski Court' should be called the 'Cormac Ryan Three Point Line'. Or which free throw line. Or which half of the entire court.

Cormac Ryan is the new Brady Manek.
HIS temporarily for one year reverts to CIS - Cormac Indoor Stadium. Next year it will change to Cadeau Indoor Stadium.

• Love
Reactions: bluetoe
Haven’t seen UConn. I really hate hearing there’s someone else that might be better cause i wouldn’t give us much of a chance against houston
We just have to hope we wouldn’t have to beat UConn and Houston on the path. That’s nearly impossible for any team.

If we play to our capabilities, we can hang with anybody. The issue is them playing consistently for a full game.

center court, i believe haha
…and I think this year after Heels swept Dook some moron “crazies” did some stupid die-in or something. At least i thought I saw a photo of them lying in a circle at mid court. Freaking shameful humiliation! Sucks being them.

If HD can get those kids laser-focused like they were yesterday... they'll bulldoze the rest of the season. If Cadeau can come into his best play of the season... it's perfect timing. That was a clinic on FSU. They beat the dookies at home pretty soundly. They did a skull-dragging on ND in Chapel Hill. They've played better in the last few weeks than the early season win streak. If that means they're peaking at the right time, so be it. It's blatantly obvious how good and efficient they CAN play. It's just a matter of focus, execution and not getting too worn out. The bench is contributing more than ever this season.

If HD can get those kids laser-focused like they were yesterday... they'll bulldoze the rest of the season. If Cadeau can come into his best play of the season... it's perfect timing. That was a clinic on FSU. They beat the dookies at home pretty soundly. They did a skull-dragging on ND in Chapel Hill. They've played better in the last few weeks than the early season win streak. If that means they're peaking at the right time, so be it. It's blatantly obvious how good and efficient they CAN play. It's just a matter of focus, execution and not getting too worn out. The bench is contributing more than ever this season.
Yes to all this. While the Heels played very good yesterday, it’s not unreasonable to think they can be even a bit better. Their defense was great, I don’t think you can ask for much more there.

But they still have say 4-6 careless unforced avoidable turnovers and at least 2-4 point blank missed dunks or layups.

Just stuff they’ll need to clean up if matched against very top teams

i don’t know how state will be able to guard another night, but i’d rather play them tomorrow.

eta: i reserve the right to change my mind

Last edited:
Reactions: Heelicious
Live look at me seeing if uva will break 50

Baby Fail GIF

Not to beat a dead horse but Only uva could make an OT game with a last second banked in 3 absolutely unwatchable. That’s the downside of that style of play. (Well one of many downsides) you can totally dominate as they did but you never pull away due to the plodding pace and you let the other team hang around to where a missed free throw and made 3 spells defeat.

Not to beat a dead horse but Only uva could make an OT game with a last second banked in 3 absolutely unwatchable. That’s the downside of that style of play. (Well one of many downsides) you can totally dominate as they did but you never pull away due to the plodding pace and you let the other team hang around to where a missed free throw and made 3 spells defeat.
lol, I bet it would have been a blast watching some four corners with you.

I think it’d be pretty hard to go back and find a worse, more botched end of game collapse / choke, than Bennett pulled last night. Hard to f it up that bad even if you tried.

I don’t even blame the players that much. You have like 3 fouls to give with 5 seconds left, on your own FT line - there is no way you can let a shot get off. Just hack them as soon as they catch it. Even if somehow they get to ft line for 1 and 1 you’re still UP 3! How can you lose? It should be one in a million chance of loss.

The way UVA allowed Ncst to advance the ball up the court - barely guarded and allowed them to get a decent 3 point shot off….its like Bennett didn’t know the rules of basketball. It did look like UVA had the paint guarded well on last possession- so they wouldn’t give up a 2 point shot at end of game, up 3. What in the heck?!

I can’t imagine how angry I’d be as a UVA fan. I don’t know if it will cost them an NCAA bid. I sure think Pitt deserves a bid way more than UVA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT