ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

Game day. How many of you guys are going to the game?
I'm stuck in Atlanta cramming for grad school finals (taking a brief break right now to relax the mind). Those sumbitches put ALL three finals on the weekend of the Louisville game. @UNC71-00 is using my tickets. Him and @Raising Heel and @grillheel and @heelz2345 may be 4 of only 30,000 there at kickoff *ducks*

I hope the Carolina faithful show up today, despite the loss to Cal and the overall "meh" prospects for our W/L record this year. It's a Top 15 team with the reigning Heisman winner at the helm. How can you pass that up, people?! But, I'm not going to be surprised if it's pretty empty today.

I'll be rooting for the Heels from home. But if I was a betting man (and I am), I'd put heavy money on the Cards. The line has settled nicely at Louisville -9.5

Reactions: uncboy10
Heels looking good. 14-13 good guys . . need a TO sometime soon wouldd be nice.

Reactions: uncboy10
UNC needs a defense so badly. We haven't had a decent defense since Mack Brown left.

And, the basketball show at the game only helps to confirm that UNC is, and always will be, a basketball school.

UNC needs a defense so badly. We haven't had a decent defense since Mack Brown left.
Maybe it's time for you to give a little more credit to Chizik for what he did while he was here. It's obvious that this staff isn't able to hide the flaws as well as he did.

Maybe it's time for you to give a little more credit to Chizik for what he did while he was here. It's obvious that this staff isn't able to hide the flaws as well as he did.
F-him, too.

I will concede that it is obvious what we lost from last season to this season- players and all.

Yep. Giving the basketball team surprise free shoes DURING HALFTIME OF THE BIGGEST HOME FOOTBALL GAME OF THE SEASON?

Come on, bro.
Ok woad, tell Larry and the football team to win a championship and they can get honored at halftime during a basketball game and get shoes. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a national championship. An ACC championship will work.

We were in the ACC Championship Game TWO seasons ago.
Yeah, I know. It's just frustrating that we can't keep it going from year to year. Don't get me wrong, I like football more than basketball. But It's hard to get excited for a game when you know the D is gonna get thrashed every game. I'll keep watching and supporting. Just venting...

Yep. Giving the basketball team surprise free shoes DURING HALFTIME OF THE BIGGEST HOME FOOTBALL GAME OF THE SEASON?

Come on, bro.
Don't point the finger at the basketball program like you tend to do. This is about the ineptitude of the football program, nothing more.

If the football program was half as good as the basketball program, we'd have a much more supportive fan base. Time to quit blaming basketball and realize our football program is mediocre at best right now.

Yeah, I know. It's just frustrating that we can't keep it going from year to year. Don't get me wrong, I like football more than basketball. But It's hard to get excited for a game when you know the D is gonna get thrashed every game. I'll keep watching and supporting. Just venting...
I'm frustrated too. It sucks.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Why do people always say "UNC will always be a basketball school" like it's a horrible thing? UNC has one of the top basketball programs in the country and has for many, many decades, so yeah, no shit we're a basketball school. We've been pretty damn good at it for a very long time, too.

Just because we're a basketball school doesn't mean the football program can't be good. The performance of the football team has absolutely nothing to do with basketball, so I don't know why people are so hung up on that for some reason. Want a better football program? Play better football.

By the way, GFY for complaining about honoring the basketball team during a football game. So freaking what? The football team has been honored during halftime of a basketball game before. What's the big deal?

Why do people always say "UNC will always be a basketball school" like it's a horrible thing? UNC has one of the top basketball programs in the country and has for many, many decades, so yeah, no shit we're a basketball school. We've been pretty damn good at it for a very long time, too.

Just because we're a basketball school doesn't mean the football program can't be good. The performance of the football team has absolutely nothing to do with basketball, so I don't know why people are so hung up on that for some reason. Want a better football program? Play better football.

By the way, GFY for complaining about honoring the basketball team during a football game. So freaking what? The football team has been honored during halftime of a basketball game before. What's the big deal?
giphy.gif

@coolwaterunc unfortunately, not many know the basketball team is honored at a football game...whereas, everyone that watches one of best programs in the country know the football might get honored, especially when the goat is in town.

btw, i agree, you can be good in both...and you should absolutely be respectable in both.

Reactions: Archer2

Because basketball is boring :(

Last year I watched every game. Everyyy game. I think it was a Friday night when they went out for the Maui tourney but played Hawaii first. Game was like 2 AM. I think I went to sleep at 11 woke up at 1:55 and watched the game on my iPad (the only viewing was on Hawaiis website). The next week I stayed up and watched every game in the Maui tourney. I fell in love w UNC bc basketball. With that said I try to watch every football game too. And will be attending some games this year for the first time. I think there's enough love in the world for both.

I am much more likely to go watch a mediocre football team play than a mediocre basketball team- simply because of sitting outside.

But I undoubtedly prefer a top caliber basketball team to a mediocre football team.

The pic didn't show up but I still like it anyways

Dammit. Well to put some context w it. It was of Tracy Morgan in the movie Cop Out. He's in the car w Bruce Willis (and Stiffler in the back) and he's shaking his head going "No, No, No, Hell No". It's a lot funnier if I didn't have to explain and you could just see. :-(

Reactions: UNC71-00
Last year I watched every game. Everyyy game. I think it was a Friday night when they went out for the Maui tourney but played Hawaii first. Game was like 2 AM. I think I went to sleep at 11 woke up at 1:55 and watched the game on my iPad (the only viewing was on Hawaiis website). The next week I stayed up and watched every game in the Maui tourney. I fell in love w UNC bc basketball. With that said I try to watch every football game too. And will be attending some games this year for the first time. I think there's enough love in the world for both.

That's some dedication right there. I try to watch every game I can, but won't specifically plan my schedule around games until conference play starts. I did essentially pull an all nighter in Paris to watch the championship game though.

That's some dedication right there. I try to watch every game I can, but won't specifically plan my schedule around games until conference play starts. I did essentially pull an all nighter in Paris to watch the championship game though.

Yea I've admittedly got it bad (usher Raymond bad) when it comes to UNC hoops. Kudos to you on the Paris all nighter. I seriously wouldn't have been able to do it. The thought of possibily missing the championship game w UNC makes me shake.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT