ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

OIP.LtuboxppH867p9MQ_EOwVwHaEo

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
You guys won't let me rest, will you? After a pretty active day here yesterday I was going to refocus my energy today on more domestic matters like responding to the growing mound of fan mail piling up in my living room and getting started on my memoirs since I have already been paid a big advance for it. Geez, I never met a group that loved getting their brains pounded as much as youse guys.
:cool:

Oh, yes, quite a few participants in the January 6 mob are in the slammer as we speak, including one of our very own. UNC71-00 was identified and arrested and charged with:
Assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers using a dangerous weapon or inflicting bodily injury; civil disorder; theft of government property; entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds; disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds; engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds; disorderly conduct in a Capitol building; impeding passage through the Capitol grounds or buildings; act of physical violence in the Capitol grounds or buildings

He and I have exchanged postcards and I am happy to inform you that among his messages he writes:
"The food sucks but for the first time in my life I am sticking to my diet." "Much happier now that Big Richard was transferred to a different cell block." "I am a reformed man. I no longer believe Trump won and I should have my ass kicked for ever believing his stupid lies!" "I owe a lot of money to a lot of people due to welshing on bets. I wonder if they have forgotten about it?"

Really, poop? Are you so foolish you don't even realize when someone is pulling your leg? Allow me to come clean: I think it is quite funny that every time they take a vote for the next Speaker (six separate votes so far and counting), a Democrat keeps getting more votes than any Republican because members of that party are at each others' throat. That's some funny shit.

I realize that Hakeem Jeffries is the current frontrunner in a race he likely cannot win. I say likely because it is not beyond the realm of possibility that he gets chosen as the next Speaker of the House. Ever heard of a plurality vote? The odds of it happening are quite long, but wouldn't it be a kick in the head if it did happen?!
but what I'm asking is, who has been charged as a result of the J6 hearings? I haven't been keeping up with the horseshit at all. Are you saying some rioters are who they found guilty, and that's it? Did hearings need to be conducted for that purpose? I thought your words were implying much bigger fish were found guilty...."The undeniable findings of the Jan. 6 Committee (my underline) have shown it is apparent who the guilty parties were that day."

I guess you're saying that the only 'apparently guilty parties' uncovered by the J6 hearings were just those who were on site and rioting, according to the findings of the J6 hearings. If not, please clarify.

What I need is some evidence that the J6 hearings weren't purely political and intended to do what dems always do, which is to imply and insinuate and use innuendo instead of actual evidence to hamstring their opponents politically. Looks like I'll have to keep waiting for that answer.

I haven't been keeping up with the horseshit at all.
Of course you haven't. You're typical of the average Trump crotch remora who would rather bury his head in the sand than accept the truths he cannot bear to hear.

January 6 committee releases final report, says Trump should be barred from office

"In a symbolic move Monday, the committee in its last public meeting referred Trump to the Justice Department on at least four criminal charges."

"The House committee lays out a number of criminal statutes it believes were violated in the plots to stave off Trump’s defeat and says there’s evidence for criminal referrals to the Justice Department for Trump, Eastman and 'others.'

"The report summary first released Monday says there’s evidence to pursue Trump on multiple crimes, including obstruction of an official proceeding, conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to make false statements, assisting or aiding an insurrection, conspiring to injure or impede an officer and seditious conspiracy."

Anyone know if Vegas has set an under/over on the votes for speaker? I'm sure @Hark_The_Sound_2010 would know.
I haven't seen an O/U for # of votes, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a line out there somewhere.

I do see that the odds of winning are McCarthy -160, Scalise +175, and Jefferies at +2500. That's implied odds of less than 4% for Jefferies. I hope they keep this up for awhile - not being able to hold a session seems wonderful. I also don't really understand why people are saying this makes the Republicans look bad - not voting in one lockstep opinion shows that there's diversity of thought, which is a good thing, IMO.

We know how it eventually will play out though. A Republican will get chosen, and Needledick Noir will be disappointed after closely following another nothingburger just like the Days of Our Woke Lives January 6th made for TV drama.

I haven't seen an O/U for # of votes, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a line out there somewhere.

I do see that the odds of winning are McCarthy -160, Scalise +175, and Jefferies at +2500. That's implied odds of less than 4% for Jefferies. I hope they keep this up for awhile - not being able to hold a session seems wonderful. I also don't really understand why people are saying this makes the Republicans look bad - not voting in one lockstep opinion shows that there's diversity of thought, which is a good thing, IMO.

We know how it eventually will play out though. A Republican will get chosen, and Needledick Noir will be disappointed after closely following another nothingburger just like the Days of Our Woke Lives January 6th made for TV drama.
It shows they can't get anything done and are just having an unnecessary fight with each other. That's what makes them look bad. I know most on here like that there is nothing getting done, but the average voter wants them to stop acting like children so they can get shit done.

ETA: And it's not about diversity of thought. It's about a few people wanting to force him to give them committee assignment and write the rules the way they want them to.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
ever since trump forcefully and Clearly voiced support for McCarthy on wed the maga movement and trumps profound influence on the political scene has emphatically and enthusiastically flexed its maga muscle and changed…..(checks notes)…..uh…..zero votes. This is after smashing the midterms with a maga red wave that sent the dems scattering and gave the repubs the second most seats in the senate. And don’t forget they flipped a city council to red….somewhere in Virginia I think. MAGA…making almost gains again

yeah, pretty much what I thought.

including obstruction of an official proceeding, conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to make false statements, assisting or aiding an insurrection, conspiring to injure or impede an officer and seditious conspiracy."
lol, you can't be serious. You call it burying my head in the sand but it's clearly the horseshit I said it was. I asked about those found guilty as you claimed, and this is the weak-ass horseshit you try to pass off as an honest answer. These criminal referrals are hardly findings of guilt, and are laughable. You want to bet on how much jail time Trump serves?

I love the one about conspiring to injure or impede an officer...I would bet that one alone lands him 5-10. LMAO

The entire exercise was never meant to find anything of substance on Trump, because they knew there wasn't anything more than accusations to be made.. They knew from the beginning that they would have enough unconnected dots (horseshit) to refer Trump to the Justice Department just for show, with no chance of making any charges stick.

Most of all I love that your obnoxious gloating is so obviously fake. It's based on horseshit.

Reactions: Archer2
I’ve called you every horrendous name under the sun because you’re a whiny, little pipsqueak, know-it-all, gross liberal. You being trans is just the cherry on top of your dumb f*ckery.

There are people dealing with gender dysphoria. A very, very, very tiny percentage of the population. I wish those people no harm. Most of those types choose to live a quiet life and many see therapists for their ongoing issues. They probably want to just be left alone and have no desire for activism or for the numbers of trans people to increase. They probably do not wish their condition on others. They do not want to be known as trans. I would estimate the number of people in this group to be less than .0005% of the US population.

Then there are individuals that choose to identify as trans. This occurs for several reasons - to claim victimhood status, to virtue signal, to find some sort of acceptance because of a weak ego, childhood trauma, adolescent rebellion, obsessive nonconformity to name several. These people are loud about their chosen condition. These people want to force acceptance of their bizarre affliction on others to satisfy a need for power which they’ve lacked in their life. These people promote transgenderism. With kids because of their naïveté. These people are sad and need therapy and not necessarily for their being “trans”. That’s simply the manifestation of larger mental issues. I estimate the number of people in this group to be 5% of the US population. And growing. Exponentially. Like, at a greater rate than at any time in history. These people suck. They’re losers.

If you’re in group A, then God bless you. If you’re in group B, then f*ck off. The fact that you told strangers on a message board that you’re trans leads me to believe it’s B for you. But hey, maybe I’m wrong.

It's more like 0.1-0.5%. But I digress. Believe what you want. This is not something I do for attention or for shits and giggles. It has nothing to do with lifestyle but with becoming a my true self. So call me Group A or whatever.

I do not wish what I go through on anyone. I don't go around constantly talking to people about the subject. I don't want attention, I want to blend in.

It's hard. It takes years to achieve the physical and presentation goals you desire. Now, that's not to say I regret it for a single second. It's the best decision I ever made. But it's not something anyone can just decide and everything is hunky dory. That's what I'm trying to get across. For people with gender dysphoria, transition is the best chance to be happy and fulfilled. I will stand by that to my dying breath.

I think what you're referring to in the third paragraph is not necessarily a marker of 'transgenderism' but a kind of reactionary queer rebellion against broader society and many will go by 'them/them' or call themselves all sorts of odd names and pronouns, parading a kind of neo-Marxism I think is really odd and off putting. Often times those people do suck.

See? I bet you didn't think I'd agree with some of that you did you?

I 'loved' your post but with the disclaimer that I believe CB to not be in group B, or at least to be much more group A. I think he believed his participation here nearly required that he identify himself. He maybe does turn a little more attention to his situation than is perfectly reasonable, but he doesn't dwell on it either.

That being said, I have no feelings one way or the other regarding his self-identity. And if he feels isolated and alienated, I couldn't blame him for seeking some empathy and the company of others in the same situation. But those who go beyond that and actively and publicly promote the condition are like some insidious social disease, and I am disgusted by the media/advertising/entertainment industry sticking it in our faces at every opportunity. A cure would be much appreciated by me.

You kind of have to find other people who share your situation. It can be lonely at times.

But I still maintain that calling it a 'condition' is akin to calling it an illness, which carries a negative connotation. The best 'cure' for people with genuine gender dysphoria is transition. And I do believe a certain degree of visibility is necessary for society to see we're not freaks or deviants, but ordinary people.

Aside from that, I desire no special treatment or celebration.

This is what happens when you let a cancer like Trump take over your party.
I'm not sure why any would expect choosing the Speaker of the House to be some open and shut exercise. It's an important, impactful position, and it makes me feel like there's earnest and serious work being done to get it right, or as right as possible.

Why do we expect the management of our country's lawmaking bodies to be undertaken without some strife and antagonism. It wasn't that many years ago in our history that a duel or two might have been challenged at this point.

The more they duke it out, the better I feel about it.

• Love

Sounds like this will be over by Friday or Monday at the latest. Both the pro and anti McCarthy sides are in negotiations and are close to an agreement

McCarthy will end up as speaker and the 20 holdouts will get many of the concessions they demand (some good, others like term limits unrealistic).

Why does anyone think this is a bad look or bad process? Most people have enough hard challenges in their daily lives like how will they afford food. gas, heat electricity. They don’t know or care what is going on in Congress let alone how them not being in office for maybe a week negatively impacts their daily lives. What would congress be doing if in office this week that would positively impact an individuals life?

By next week 90+% of people will not even remember or care that it took a few days to elect a SOH. In a way that is better for the voters who delivered the house to the Rs. They will have more power and representation in the end. This is a good occurrence- a good thing.

You kind of have to find other people who share your situation. It can be lonely at times.

But I still maintain that calling it a 'condition' is akin to calling it an illness, which carries a negative connotation. The best 'cure' for people with genuine gender dysphoria is transition. And I do believe a certain degree of visibility is necessary for society to see we're not freaks or deviants, but ordinary people.

Aside from that, I desire no special treatment or celebration.
I think I explained before, or at least I think I did, that I call it a condition simply for lack of a better term. It is whatever it is, regardless of what it's called; and I have little sympathy for those who quibble over the semantics. But if you'll advise me of the best name for your uh, situation, I'll file it away with your preferred pronouns. Har har. Just kidding.

"And I do believe a certain degree of visibility is necessary for society to see we're not freaks or deviants, but ordinary people."

a 'certain degree of visibility' can mean just about anything, but I'm pretty sure any degree of exposure is not going to help identify you as ordinary. What I can nail down for you though is that if you don't want to be thought of as freaks or deviants, don't make freakish or deviant public displays. To be thought of as normal, act normally. Otherwise, accept that you won't be thought of that way.

And complain to those entities I mentioned that their overbearing promotion of the uh, 'situation', is not appreciated by the truly ordinary or the truly UNordinary. Of course in reality, I know you wouldn't and I don't begrudge you finding satisfaction in the current fostering. But I don't care for it.

I think I explained before, or at least I think I did, that I call it a condition simply for lack of a better term. It is whatever it is, regardless of what it's called; and I have little sympathy for those who quibble over the semantics. But if you'll advise me of the best name for your uh, situation, I'll file it away with your preferred pronouns. Har har. Just kidding.
I merely call it a state of being. Definitely don't want to squabble over semantics though. Lord knows we never do that lol.

"And I do believe a certain degree of visibility is necessary for society to see we're not freaks or deviants, but ordinary people."

a 'certain degree of visibility' can mean just about anything, but I'm pretty sure any degree of exposure is not going to help identify you as ordinary. What I can nail down for you though is that if you don't want to be thought of as freaks or deviants, don't make freakish or deviant public displays. To be thought of as normal, act normally. Otherwise, accept that you won't be thought of that way.

And complain to those entities I mentioned that their overbearing promotion of the uh, 'situation', is not appreciated by the truly ordinary or the truly UNordinary. Of course in reality, I know you wouldn't and I don't begrudge you finding satisfaction in the current fostering. But I don't care for it.

'if you don't want to be thought of as freaks or deviants, don't make freakish or deviant public displays.' I mean that also can mean just about anything. Are we talking about pride parades? Drag queens on TV shows? What are we talking here? 25% of this country thinks I'm a freak regardless of whether I indulge in lewd displays (which I don't). That's sort of the point. When is the onus on the majority to treat us with a modicum of basic respect? To be treated as part of broader society and not disgusting outcasts?

Look there's a lot of weird shit in the LGBT community. It's a natural consequence of not being seen as 'normal' so other alternative ways of living and interpreting the world were created. Sometimes it's merely rebellion. Sometimes it's very loud and there's a whole psychology behind it that's too complicated to get into. I don't care for it myself sometimes, but I understand where it stems from.

But promotion? That to me implies a degree of superior assertion 'our way' is better. I can say with certainty the majority of queer people do not believe that. I certainly don't. Being trans isn't a superior state of being. It's just a state of being.

I'm not sure why any would expect choosing the Speaker of the House to be some open and shut exercise. It's an important, impactful position, and it makes me feel like there's earnest and serious work being done to get it right, or as right as possible.

Why do we expect the management of our country's lawmaking bodies to be undertaken without some strife and antagonism. It wasn't that many years ago in our history that a duel or two might have been challenged at this point.

What a stupid moron! You are in such denial I would feel sorry for you if I weren't laughing so hard.

The Republicans haven't gone through 11 ballots with no clear winner because of any "earnest and serious work being done" to get things right. It's because Donald Trump has instilled chaos and division within his own party. In most cases this would have been wrapped up by now with everyone on the House floor smiling and congratulating each other. And the only "strife and antagonism" I've seen is affecting Kevin McCarthy who is at the mercy of the bipolar, warring factions with their own crazy agenda who oppose him.

Last edited:
I asked about those found guilty as you claimed, and this is the weak-ass horseshit you try to pass off as an honest answer.
The January 6 Committee didn't have the authority to charge anyone just like any other House Select Committee. If you weren't so politically ignorant you would know this.

But they did a thorough job of exposing the Trump Administration's part in the insurrection. Who do you think you're fooling, anyway? If the Committee was the sham kangaroo court you and every other Trump apologist and denier claim it was, you all would have been glued in front of your television sets if nothing else but for its absurdity and comic relief. But you knew it was serious business so instead you looked away in horror.

Makes them look bad. The GOP has known for over two months that they had to have a speaker by January 1st and couldn’t even handle that without fvcking it up. You are seeing the results of running off real conservatives in the party and replacing them with people like MTG.

The January 6 Committee didn't have the authority to charge anyone just like any other House Select Committee. If you weren't so politically ignorant you would know this.
They also had no authority to find anyone guilty or the ability to make "undeniable findings". The committee was setup as a sham of D's and never trumper's to start with when Nancy denied the R's their actual picks to serve. Most of the proceedings were held in closed session and not released publicly. The alleged "hearings" that you watched on tv were coordinated presentations produced by a former ABC executive. It was, literally, a mini-series intended to influence the mid-terms and orangeman's chances for '24. It was actually quite brilliantly executed.

Gosh darnit. My dog just came in with muddy feet all over my kitchen tile. That damn Donald Trump!!! Isn't that how it works?

ever since trump forcefully and Clearly voiced support for McCarthy on wed the maga movement and trumps profound influence on the political scene has emphatically and enthusiastically flexed its maga muscle and changed…..(checks notes)…..uh…..zero votes. This is after smashing the midterms with a maga red wave that sent the dems scattering and gave the repubs the second most seats in the senate. And don’t forget they flipped a city council to red….somewhere in Virginia I think. MAGA…making almost gains again

I'd love to know what point you're attempting to make. I'd ask, but I doubt you even know.

Reactions: nctransplant
I'd love to know what point you're attempting to make. I'd ask, but I doubt you even know.
His was a statement about the power of orange and maga - or lack thereof. It's kind of ironic to me based upon personal observations. Most of my own circle of people have very few diehards regarding trump - despite the picture portrayed by the media. They supported him as president and recognize how vastly superior he was to basement joe, but they are not locked in on him going forward. It really seems that the only ones focused on the Donald are those that simply can't let him go in a negative way. It's amazing the power of hate.

Reactions: nctransplant
It's more like 0.1-0.5%. But I digress. Believe what you want. This is not something I do for attention or for shits and giggles. It has nothing to do with lifestyle but with becoming a my true self. So call me Group A or whatever.

I do not wish what I go through on anyone. I don't go around constantly talking to people about the subject. I don't want attention, I want to blend in.

It's hard. It takes years to achieve the physical and presentation goals you desire. Now, that's not to say I regret it for a single second. It's the best decision I ever made. But it's not something anyone can just decide and everything is hunky dory. That's what I'm trying to get across. For people with gender dysphoria, transition is the best chance to be happy and fulfilled. I will stand by that to my dying breath.

I think what you're referring to in the third paragraph is not necessarily a marker of 'transgenderism' but a kind of reactionary queer rebellion against broader society and many will go by 'them/them' or call themselves all sorts of odd names and pronouns, parading a kind of neo-Marxism I think is really odd and off putting. Often times those people do suck.

See? I bet you didn't think I'd agree with some of that you did you?

Congratulations on agreeing with me. It's a good start but you have a long way to go.

The problem with your comments/approach is that when you support the "trans movement", you're supporting group B and not group A. Again, group B is the idiots that aren't really gender confused. They're mentally disturbed for sure. It's just not really on the gender thing. They just want control and to have those that don't support the abnormal to yield. That's a dangerous precedent to jump on board with.

Again, people who are truly suffering from gender dysphoria don't showboat it. Most likely, they don't want to talk about it outside their therapy sessions. They don't support the phony trans movement that's achieving nothing other than confusing children and weak -minded young adults. What is the end goal? To have all people respect trans people? Nonsense. That's unachievable and the ones behind the movement know it's unachievable and that's precisely why they've created the issue - so they can divide us further upon the idea that up is down and left is right.

His was a statement about the power of orange and maga - or lack thereof. It's kind of ironic to me based upon personal observations. Most of my own circle of people have very few diehards regarding trump - despite the picture portrayed by the media. They supported him as president and recognize how vastly superior he was to basement joe, but they are not locked in on him going forward. It really seems that the only ones focused on the Donald are those that simply can't let him go in a negative way. It's amazing the power of hate.

Well you don't know that guy. You haven't been around long enough to read all the fantastical (read: made up) stories he tells us. He does this in an effort to rationalize his rage against Trump and Trump supporters. Keep an eye out. I'm sure he'll tell us another doozie before too long.

Congratulations on agreeing with me. It's a good start but you have a long way to go.

The problem with your comments/approach is that when you support the "trans movement", you're supporting group B and not group A. Again, group B is the idiots that aren't really gender confused. They're mentally disturbed for sure. It's just not really on the gender thing. They just want control and to have those that don't support the abnormal to yield. That's a dangerous precedent to jump on board with.

Again, people who are truly suffering from gender dysphoria don't showboat it. Most likely, they don't want to talk about it outside their therapy sessions. They don't support the phony trans movement that's achieving nothing other than confusing children and weak -minded young adults. What is the end goal? To have all people respect trans people? Nonsense. That's unachievable and the ones behind the movement know it's unachievable and that's precisely why they've created the issue - so they can divide us further upon the idea that up is down and left is right.

I don't have any control over Group B. And while I'm not on board with a lot of the more radical, in your face mentality of said group, I'm still going to support people like me who have gender dysphoria and are going through transition themselves.

To have all people respect us? There will always be detractors. But I think we can get to a point where 75-80% of the population support us similar to gays and lesbians in the last two decades. And as older generations die off, the new ones will care less and less.

But I'm also willing to bet your perception of us comes from news sources and people who don't have the best opinions about trans people in general. The people you call 'Group B' aren't as numerous as you think. Just loud.

I don't have any control over Group B. And while I'm not on board with a lot of the more radical, in your face mentality of said group, I'm still going to support people like me who have gender dysphoria and are going through transition themselves.

The thing is, they probably don't want or need your support. They probably don't want transgenderism being a major topic of political or social discourse. They probably acknowledge it's abnormal and the ones with successful lives have learned how to be confident in their own skin without being abrasive while also realizing their condition isn't easily digested by the masses. In other words, transgender folks with happy successful lives don't want what the trans activist are promoting.

To have all people respect us? There will always be detractors. But I think we can get to a point where 75-80% of the population support us similar to gays and lesbians in the last two decades. And as older generations die off, the new ones will care less and less.

There is no group on the face of the planet that has respect from 75-80% of the general population. That's life. Moreover, why the f*ck would you care who does and doesn't respect you? So weird.

Furthermore, no one - NO ONE - is owed respect by anyone else. This is my biggest issue with you. You are not owed that. No one is obligated to respect anyone. At all. And attempts at forcing it only push people farther away from it. You have to see that by now.

But I'm also willing to bet your perception of us comes from news sources and people who don't have the best opinions about trans people in general. The people you call 'Group B' aren't as numerous as you think. Just loud.

I don't know. maybe what you say is true. But if you were acting in the best interest of trans people, you'd realize the current tactics are not working and are only deepening the resentment towards trans people. So take a different approach. Rally AGAINST those that are loud and abrasive. That would speak volumes.

I merely call it a state of being. Definitely don't want to squabble over semantics though. Lord knows we never do that lol.
that's what it is, but I'm not calling it that. You'll have learn to like 'condition'.

'if you don't want to be thought of as freaks or deviants, don't make freakish or deviant public displays.' I mean that also can mean just about anything. Are we talking about pride parades? Drag queens on TV shows? What are we talking here? 25% of this country thinks I'm a freak regardless of whether I indulge in lewd displays (which I don't). That's sort of the point. When is the onus on the majority to treat us with a modicum of basic respect? To be treated as part of broader society and not disgusting outcasts?
there is no onus on the majority to treat you or think of you in any particular way, just as there is no onus on you to treat or think of the majority in any particular way...as long as it's all within the law. If getting respect from the majority is important to you, you have to kowtow to it. That's life.

So far as drawing a line that separates freakish or deviant public displays from not so weird displays, we all have our own idea where that line should be drawn. But I'm pretty sure most would agree with me that drag queens on TV and pride parades are on the wrong side of the line. I don't really know how many would object along with me to commercials featuring trans and TV shows that have guys making out with guys. Sorry, I'm just not that open-minded, and that's what promotion is...putting transgenderphoriousness in the forefront. I don't know why you would think it has to presented as superior to be promotion, but now at least you know what I think promotion is.

Sorry, I'm just not that open-minded,

Yes, you've made this abundantly clear.
there is no onus on the majority to treat you or think of you in any particular way, just as there is no onus on you to treat or think of the majority in any particular way...as long as it's all within the law. If getting respect from the majority is important to you, you have to kowtow to it. That's life.

So far as drawing a line that separates freakish or deviant public displays from not so weird displays, we all have our own idea where that line should be drawn. But I'm pretty sure most would agree with me that drag queens on TV and pride parades are on the wrong side of the line. I don't really know how many would object along with me to commercials featuring trans and TV shows that have guys making out with guys. Sorry, I'm just not that open-minded, and that's what promotion is...putting transgenderphoriousness in the forefront. I don't know why you would think it has to presented as superior to be promotion, but now at least you know what I think promotion is.

Well dude if that's what you consider 'promotion' you have the wrong idea. Drag queens have been on TV for years. How is that bad? Pride parades can be a bit much, but again, how are they a detriment to society? They only happen once a year. So what if guys are making out on TV? Change the channel and watch the ten million straight couples making out. And yes, genuine trans people do deserve to be visible in American life as regular people, so if that means sticking one in a commercial, again how is that objectively bad?

You'll give me a bunch of the usual 'I don't believe in promoting things that aren't the norm' or whatever. Who says what's 'normal' should automatically assume to be superior or better? The fact is, these beliefs stem from prejudice. It has nothing to do with believing we deserve to be treated equally under the law. You can still believe black people deserve to be treated equally under the law and despise the idea of your kid marrying a black person.

You've been more gracious to me on here than some and simple tolerance is all anyone can ask for. But broader societal acceptance requires further conversation and work. That's what I hope for one day.

Apparently Trump is still alive in DC, and that is music to my ears.

Trump/<anybody> 2024 for Repub nominee - LFG!

So, the J6 committee that was so interested in only getting to the truth and had no political motives behind their actions . . . . . in their document dump that just happened included a spreadsheet with over 1,900 peoples' personal information including social security numbers who visited the White House during 2020. It included South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) and her family, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R), South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster (R), former Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, and former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson. Whether this was 1000% accidental stupidity or with other motivations has not been revealed. But, one has to wonder. . . . .

Don't look now, but just as predicted, the Groomers proclaim "age gap love laws violate human rights."

They are after the children and make no bones about it.

But they did a thorough job of exposing the Trump Administration's part in the insurrection. Who do you think you're fooling, anyway? If the Committee was the sham kangaroo court you and every other Trump apologist and denier claim it was, you all would have been glued in front of your television sets if nothing else but for its absurdity and comic relief. But you knew it was serious business so instead you looked away in horror.
You've lost all credibility when you label the protests an insurrection. How can an unarmed protest be an insurrection?

But hey, you probably think men can have babies too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT