ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Yeah, Mueller hasn't accomplished anything at all. How is that search going for indictments of Hillary?
I never said he didn't accomplish anything. I was just surprised because someone once told me it was just a matter of tick tocks before that judge and Bobby three sticks made sure Manafort died behind bars. Not sure what Hillary has to do with this though. I can't remember saying anything about her in my post.

ETA: I just went back and reread that post. I can confirm that I didn't mention Hillary.

I never said he didn't accomplish anything. I was just surprised because someone once told me it was just a matter of tick tocks before that judge and Bobby three sticks made sure Manafort died behind bars. Not sure what Hillary has to do with this though. I can't remember saying anything about her in my post.

ETA: I just went back and reread that post. I can confirm that I didn't mention Hillary.
It's really foolish, wishful thinking that there's a balanced judicial system. I'm surprised he didn't just get probation.

At least you guys have given up any premise of delivering a solid argument. It's probably healthier for you in the future if you just admit you don't have a legit point.
Mocking you is kind of a point. At least you aren't bothered by speech or anything.

Reactions: uncboy10
Mocking you is kind of a point. At least you aren't bothered by speech or anything.

iu

Reactions: strummingram
House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/8/house-votes-favor-illegal-immigrant-voting/

Remember when the Dems tried to hide the fact that they wanted illegals to vote? Most of us knew it was a lie back then. Now it's completely out in the open.
I have my doubts about voting in an election being very high on any illegal immigrant's to-do list. But, regardless, this is a really bad look for the Democrats.

I have my doubts about voting in an election being very high on any illegal immigrant's to-do list. But, regardless, this is a really bad look for the Democrats.
Not sure how bad of a look it is, because I doubt it will get much press. Just another example of congress wasting time doing useless things.

Not sure how bad of a look it is, because I doubt it will get much press. Just another example of congress wasting time doing useless things.
Voting for illegal immigrants to vote is a bad look. It got enough press to land it here.

It's really foolish, wishful thinking that there's a balanced judicial system. I'm surprised he didn't just get probation.
Not saying I disagree with you, but I don't think that is the case in this circumstance. I read an article this morning and apparently this judge doesn't like sentences that he thinks are too long. He'll take advantage of his discretion if he gets a chance. Obviously this is one of those times. I'll try to find the article.

Not saying I disagree with you, but I don't think that is the case in this circumstance. I read an article this morning and apparently this judge doesn't like sentences that he thinks are too long. He'll take advantage of his discretion if he gets a chance. Obviously this is one of those times. I'll try to find the article.
Here's the article.

But, in recent years, he has publicly complained about laws that impose cumbersome sentences, as Politico illustrated in a 2018 profile. In one striking example from that report, Ellis sentenced a 37-year-old to a mandatory minimum of 40 years in prison for dealing methamphetamine.

“This situation presents me with something I have no discretion to change and the only thing I can do is express my displeasure,” the judge said. “I chafe a bit at that, but I follow the law. If I thought it was blatantly immoral, I’d have to resign. It’s wrong, but not immoral.”

I've also read/heard that the guy was irritated because this trial should never have been under a special investigation. Mueller is trying to do what he did to the Hell's Angels back in the '70s and it failed then too. At least he has a couple of minor victories this time around. He completely failed the Hell's Angels investigation.

That has to be one of the most blatantly dumb pieces of legislation I can think of in recent memory.

"Hey! You know those people who come here illegally? Well, let's make it so they can vote LEGALLY in our elections!" Styoopid.

I would say it's a lower priority on average for illegals since most would be afraid of getting caught and possibly deported.

Putting aside for a minute that at least at my polling location they would never get caught because no ID is required, I'd imagine it is a lower priority currently.

If they're being allowed to vote, you'd think that concern would go away though.

Although, maybe this is secretly the best immigration legislation passed yet, and we'll say they can legally vote - and then when they show up, we say you can legally vote, but you can't legally be here so you're getting deported. I assume they would have their kids with them at the time as well, since I've been told if illegals are ever separated from their children, it's heinous. So I assume they won't let them out of their sight even to go vote.

Putting aside for a minute that at least at my polling location they would never get caught because no ID is required, I'd imagine it is a lower priority currently.

If they're being allowed to vote, you'd think that concern would go away though.

Although, maybe this is secretly the best immigration legislation passed yet, and we'll say they can legally vote - and then when they show up, we say you can legally vote, but you can't legally be here so you're getting deported. I assume they would have their kids with them at the time as well, since I've been told if illegals are ever separated from their children, it's heinous. So I assume they won't let them out of their sight even to go vote.

Like that fake university ICE set up to grab a couple of hundred illegals? That was pretty epic.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
So much for being gay, black, famous and from Chicago, as far as that having an impact on you skirting the law.

Smollett was indicted for 16 felonies!

So much for being gay, black, famous and from Chicago, as far as that having an impact on you skirting the law.

Smollett was indicted for 16 felonies!
He should be. As the police chief(?) said recently, he was pissed off that they had to waste time and resources following up on this false report.

As for the dude being famous... I never heard of him until this nonesense.

Reactions: strummingram
i’m no party shill, and i’m not voting for a dem just to get the asshole out, but who are these new dems?

i don’t need a smart ass answer, i just want to know if i can throw my hat in because i have a $1000 bucks?

is this where we are?...you peeps good with this?

i’m no party shill, and i’m not voting for a dem just to get the asshole out, but who are these new dems?

i don’t need a smart ass answer, i just want to know if i can throw my hat in because i have a $1000 bucks?

is this where we are?...you peeps good with this?

It's hard to know because the media doesn't cover anyone besides the psychos and the retreads. I can't see The Groper, Harris, Fauxchahontis, Sanders, or Spartacus getting the nomination. It's probably going to be someone who comes out of nowhere.

Reactions: gteeitup
It's hard to know because the media doesn't cover anyone besides the psychos and the retreads. I can't see The Groper, Harris, Fauxchahontis, Sanders, or Spartacus getting the nomination. It's probably going to be someone who comes out of nowhere.

is bloomberg waiting this out?...i think he’s in, but why not at least start talking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT