ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

You can thank the media for creating MAGA's skepticism. Many of us don't know when it's the Dems crying wolf again or if Trump really did shit on some tradition. I mean, they've told so many lies about him at this point and that's only the ones we know about. Why would I believe anything?

And as far as his "asshole-ness", you're damn right that's what I prefer. The people he's dealing with deserve that and much more. In fact, he's just barely enough the asshole for me. I advise him to crank up the asshole-ishness a bit. The people on the receiving end are getting off easy if you ask me.
The media? Riiiight

If you actually watch Fox News as often as you cite them as a source on here... I'm not surprised. They make obscene money on the propaganda they peddle. This "left/right" bullshit is a cash cow.

I wasn't really stuck on who to thank or blame. And, I'm sure you'll get more asshole from him, if that's what you're looking for.

I wish he would dry hump the American flag more.

You can thank the media for creating MAGA's skepticism. Many of us don't know when it's the Dems crying wolf again or if Trump really did shit on some tradition. I mean, they've told so many lies about him at this point and that's only the ones we know about. Why would I believe anything?

And as far as his "asshole-ness", you're damn right that's what I prefer. The people he's dealing with deserve that and much more. In fact, he's just barely enough the asshole for me. I advise him to crank up the asshole-ishness a bit. The people on the receiving end are getting off easy if you ask me.
LOL. So you can't tell normal from disgraceful anymore? Blame media (excluding fox), not your cult religion.

Using headstones of soldiers as a political prop is not being an asshole, it's just being disrespectful and disgraceful to dead people who sacrificed themselves for our nation. Meanwhile Trump himself has never sacrificed anything for anyone other than himself.

They are portraying a scene based on what Project 25 wants, which is government to monitor pregnancy for fears over abortion. It is exaggeration, not bullshit.

On the topic of what Project 25 wants... ->
are you and @prlyles brothers from another mother, but those mothers are twins?

A previous encounter I had ridiculed my making a distinction between exaggeration and lying. That is the question I'm posing, because apparently there's no difference if Trump is involved. So I'm putting you in my camp in that regard. Just keep in mind, you are now essentially agreeing with me that Trump is an exaggerator rather than a liar, if you are firm in your belief that the video in question is mere exaggeration.

The part that confuses me in your post and makes me think of prlyles, is how does the taxation reference relate to monitoring pregnancy?

And for the ridicule portion of my post, I lol at the insinuation that project 25 is a blueprint for executive presidential action that will be rigidly adhered to. Trump has not only denied familiarity, but has rejected some of the outstanding tenets of it....including those that relate to abortion. And in my book, that takes this beyond exaggeration and makes it the furtherance of a lie. I define a lie as an attempt to actually deceive, and even though the video of course contains exaggeration, the purpose is to imply that a Trump presidency will result in invasion of privacy, even of pregnancy monitoring. That would be entirely laughable (it was a funny video) if it wasn't for the fact that millions of soft-headed liberals will actually buy into it.

Reactions: nctransplant
LOL. So you can't tell normal from disgraceful anymore? Blame media (excluding fox), not your cult religion.

Using headstones of soldiers as a political prop is not being an asshole, it's just being disrespectful and disgraceful to dead people who sacrificed themselves for our nation. Meanwhile Trump himself has never sacrificed anything for anyone other than himself.

Weird. The family that invited him didn’t care but you do. I wonder whose thoughts I should consider more. Hmmmm….

I don't want to "punish" him for him just doing what he does! As I said, I think it's amusing how he shits on these alleged American hallowed traditions and conformity. He does it blatantly, and MAGA cult loves it. 10 years ago they would have been screaming for their heads, if any politician showed disrespect at every turn like Trump does. But, in a short span of 9 years, they have totally abandoned that ad whatever indecency their leader does, they fervently back it. And, if they "begrudgingly" back it, they can GFT. You claim to not compromise and, yet, begrudgingly accepting asshole behavior is the epitome of compromise. You're actually not really compromising. You actually prefer the asshole and all of that "American exceptionalism" crap is just bullshit. It's just a front. It's a paper veneer.
too bad you can't step away and see your postings for what they are.

The objection here is to the anti-Trump TDS crowd making a mountain out of nothing just because Trump is involved. It is NOT support for anything Trump might do. You yourself go to the trouble of saying what's being commented on is a nothingburger (and that has been amply verified)....but then you turn around and describe it as all that negative shit you said.

The simple, very apparent truth is that you are yourself just another anti-Trumper looking for excuses to dump on him. It doesn't work to slip in one of your disclaimers if you in the same breath disclaim your own disclaimer.

Oh, is there just one dead soldier there?
I recently found out that Bobby Kennedy is buried there... and I thought...

icegif-1695.gif

too bad you can't step away and see your postings for what they are.

The objection here is to the anti-Trump TDS crowd making a mountain out of nothing just because Trump is involved. It is NOT support for anything Trump might do. You yourself go to the trouble of saying what's being commented on is a nothingburger (and that has been amply verified)....but then you turn around and describe it as all that negative shit you said.

The simple, very apparent truth is that you are yourself just another anti-Trumper looking for excuses to dump on him. It doesn't work to slip in one of your disclaimers if you in the same breath disclaim your own disclaimer.
TDS is a great show.

Inflation Reduction Act, probably needs a name change. She's told us over and over how Bidenomics were great but now she's going to fix things. What's broken?
She's as FOS as all of them. She has no plan for anything. She was an ideal VP in candidate in 2020 because of her gender and ethnicity. Joe is too damn old for anything, so they threw the money machine at her candidacy. Now, she's a rock star like Obama.

Oh, is there just one dead soldier there?
only one that is in question, yes. You aren't just moving the goalposts, you're trying to take them down. I doubt that most people feel they need to solemnly genuflect at each gravesite as they move through the cemetery. But if Trump is involved...

I won't even bother to explain what shouldn't need mentioning, that those honored by being buried there died for the joyous cause of freedom; and that if freedom isn't upheld and celebrated, they died in vain.

Don't even try it. I'm not saying that in general one shouldn't display respect and reverence and decorum, but if there was a way to determine it, I would bet huge that a lot of gas has been disrespectfully passed by visitors while there. Where's the outrage?

This is just another typical nothingburger being made a big deal of.

It's up to the state. Want a change move or elect different reps.
I basically agree with this premise. However, this isn't about making Fireworks, lottery tickets or video poker illegal or legal.

Pregnancy is EXTREMELY complex and it's unique to women. So, when I see radical shit happening in some of thee states, I have to disagree with the "state's rights" argument. When men have to ante-up at the same level, then they can have more of a say. That isn't going to ever happen.

I still say that if Democrats (or whoever claims to be pro-women) were ever serious, they should have made it into federal law at some point. They had plenty of opportunity to codify it into law, but they left it dangling because it was a great political chip to maintain power. If you SOLVE a problem, then the problem is gone and you have to work that much harder finding something else to keep people divided and scare them into believing that only your "side"can protect them.

It's up to the state. Want a change move or elect different reps. How many drag shows have you taken your kids to?
Well, plenty of states are getting a long fine without Republicans trying to bring it up and make new laws. I haven't taken my kids to one because I have the freedom not to. We aren't forced to see them in NC.

only one that is in question, yes. You aren't just moving the goalposts, you're trying to take them down. I doubt that most people feel they need to solemnly genuflect at each gravesite as they move through the cemetery. But if Trump is involved...

I won't even bother to explain what shouldn't need mentioning, that those honored by being buried there died for the joyous cause of freedom; and that if freedom isn't upheld and celebrated, they died in vain.

Don't even try it. I'm not saying that in general one shouldn't display respect and reverence and decorum, but if there was a way to determine it, I would bet huge that a lot of gas has been disrespectfully passed by visitors while there. Where's the outrage?

This is just another typical nothingburger being made a big deal of.
Well, it's already been made abundantly clear... it's AGAINST THE LAW to do that at ANC.

Trump should start a new Trump Vet Cemetery! THAT would be awesome! Table dances and private stripper show booths next to your fallen hero's grave!

I basically agree with this premise. However, this isn't about making Fireworks, lottery tickets or video poker illegal or legal.

Pregnancy is EXTREMELY complex and it's unique to women. So, when I see radical shit happening in some of thee states, I have to disagree with the "state's rights" argument. When men have to ante-up at the same level, then they can have more of a say. That isn't going to ever happen.

I still say that if Democrats (or whoever claims to be pro-women) were ever serious, they should have made it into federal law at some point. They had plenty of opportunity to codify it into law, but they left it dangling because it was a great political chip to maintain power. If you SOLVE a problem, then the problem is gone and you have to work that much harder finding something else to keep people divided and scare them into believing that only your "side"can protect them.
Out of the last 16 years who had control of the government 12 of those years?

Well, it's already been made abundantly clear... it's AGAINST THE LAW to do that at ANC.

Trump should start a new Trump Vet Cemetery! THAT would be awesome! Table dances and private stripper show booths next to your fallen hero's grave!
I love nonsense for the sake of nonsense alone. It isn't always that good for making points though..

Which is why Trump is going to lose. Again. More Americans know and believe this stuff than those who deny it.
probably true. Yet you can't get it through your thick skull that you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun your buddy. Say what you want to about Trump and I won't bother trying to defend him because there's no need to. He just has to be less of a disaster than the clueless moron he's running against. That there are so many of those who can't see what a complete catastrophe she would be is what you are unwittingly pointing out..

So state's right sometimes? When I want it to be? That seems legit.

Or,...and hear me out...I'm just spitballing...but tell Dems to make legislation and get it passed. Until then, do us all a favor and STFU about it.

• Love
Inflation Reduction Act, probably needs a name change. She's told us over and over how Bidenomics were great but now she's going to fix things. What's broken?
the 'Blindfold Them and Bend Them Over Act'? It originally was the kind of dem subterfuge that the border act was. ALL dem legislation could be named thusly, and just numbered sequentially.

So state's right sometimes? When I want it to be? That seems legit.

Or,...and hear me out...I'm just spitballing...but tell Dems to make legislation and get it passed. Until then, do us all a favor and STFU about it.
That's right... sometimes it simply doesn't work.

I don't understand why Trump's team lets him continue to make stupid decisions. It's not a huge deal what happened at ANC, but it seems like you have to say that every week. Just stop shooting yourself in the foot from dumb shit that's easily avoided.

I don't understand why Trump's team lets him continue to make stupid decisions. It's not a huge deal what happened at ANC, but it seems like you have to say that every week. Just stop shooting yourself in the foot from dumb shit that's easily avoided.

So don’t go support a family that asked him to?

Also, for better and for worse, Trump makes his own decisions. He’s like a real live human being!

• Love
Doesn’t work….for you.
I don't, personally, give a shit. It ALWAYS works for ME!

But, all you have to do is survey the beautiful history of the greatest country in the history of time and realize that it doesn't always work for non-white males. However, it usually requires enough of them to finally get the stick out of their ass and allow others the same... conveniences... at least on paper.

I don't, personally, give a shit. It ALWAYS works for ME!

But, all you have to do is survey the beautiful history of the greatest country in the history of time and realize that it doesn't always work for non-white males. However, it usually requires enough of them to finally get the stick out of their ass and allow others the same... conveniences... at least on paper.

Why do I owe my vote to anyone. I vote for what works for me. You should vote for what works for you. Everyone should vote for what works for them. That's how a democracy (or constitutional republic) works best. Because then we get a firm understanding of what the people want. I guess I could take on everyone else's feelings when I go vote but that seems stupid.

if it's unique to women, why do men pay child support? I'm going out on a limb and say the roles are different but the responsibility isn't so unique to women. If men have a part in creating human life, they have a say in how that life is treated. After all, men are who made the law forcing other men to support the child that they helped create.

Men made laws against murder. Should women get a pass if a murder happens to involve them since they didn't make the law? If a woman is involved in a murder, is it unfair that men made the laws that apply? That argument is pretty much like saying laws against murder should be made by murderers.

This is NOT a women's rights issue, I don't care how much they try to portray it that way. It's a humanity issue. It's an unborn child's rights issue. Any other argument is mere misdirection.

Reactions: Archer2
Jesus Christmas....you can have the dems actually doing batshit crazy things and no one cares. But as soon as Trump gets fake connected to something, liberals' heads explode.

Are you getting it yet? Are you understanding the difference yet? The difference in how each party is covered/discussed? Surely it's noticeable at this point to anyone with a modicum of honesty and half a brain.
I’m getting it that the Harris campaign is doing everything they can to connect trump to p2025. IMO he’s be better off acknowledging that he knows about it and condemnsome of the controversial issues directly instead of this bullshit about not knowing anything about it. But that’s me.

I generally agree but in this case (as in many others), the shot in the foot wasn't self-inflicted.

I’m getting it that the Harris campaign is doing everything they can to connect trump to p2025. IMO he’s be better off acknowledging that he knows about it and condemnsome of the controversial issues directly instead of this bullshit about not knowing anything about it. But that’s me.

I'm assuming NPR is good for the leftists here.

“I know nothing about Project 2025,” Trump wrote on his social media website Truth Social. “I have no idea who is behind it. I disagree with some of the things they’re saying and some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal. Anything they do, I wish them luck, but I have nothing to do with them.”

if it's unique to women, why do men pay child support? I'm going out on a limb and say the roles are different but the responsibility isn't so unique to women. If men have a part in creating human life, they have a say in how that life is treated. After all, men are who made the law forcing other men to support the child that they helped create.

Men made laws against murder. Should women get a pass if a murder happens to involve them since they didn't make the law? If a woman is involved in a murder, is it unfair that men made the laws that apply? That argument is pretty much like saying laws against murder should be made by murderers.

This is NOT a women's rights issue, I don't care how much they try to portray it that way. It's a humanity issue. It's an unborn child's rights issue. Any other argument is mere misdirection.
They don't always pay it.

When they can get pregnant, then they can bitch.

Why do I owe my vote to anyone. I vote for what works for me. You should vote for what works for you. Everyone should vote for what works for them. That's how a democracy (or constitutional republic) works best. Because then we get a firm understanding of what the people want. I guess I could take on everyone else's feelings when I go vote but that seems stupid.
Yeah... Rarely is there ever any push-back or reluctance to accept the majority.

L. O. L.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT