ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

One of the actresses that day I've known and worked with for a number of years. I know her pretty well and I know for a fact that she's not a Trump supporter. For her at least, reading from a script that was written by a conservative political copywriter was anything but "expressing her views" and completely contradictory to her beliefs.

I added the teleprompter bit because a) it's true and b) because some of you like to insist that reading from a prompter demonstrates deception and chicanery.
So you're a hair and makeup artist, who didn't see this coming?

How in the hell does Kamala say with a straight face that she'll seal the border? Most comical sh!t I've heard. And I'm pretty sure Iran has sent thank you notes to Biden and Harris for sending them all the cash and lifting sanctions so they can afford to support Hamas and Hezbollah.

I added the teleprompter bit because a) it's true and b) because some of you like to insist that reading from a prompter demonstrates deception and chicanery.
As already pointed out, your note regarding this completely misses the point - call us shocked. The distinction is that a teleprompter should only be used when one is performing a script. One reads their "lines" from the teleprompter versus memorizing it. Then, there are times when a person is supposed to speak spontaneously in response to a question or situation. It's this latter situation that is the issue as KH wants to appear as speaking off the cuff, but almost always uses a teleprompter to keep her on script. On those rare occasions when she has been allowed to do so by the campaign, it's word salad city.

No one has a problem with teleprompters. It's the reliance on them that is the issue. And more importantly, it's the use of teleprompters in inappropriate situations and the implied lack of ability to speak without them. And if all you can do is read a script . . . . . .

Reactions: Archer2
'In a letter released Friday, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) acknowledged that 425,000 aliens released into the U.S. have criminal convictions and another 222,000 aliens have criminal charges pending. The letter, written by acting ICE Director Patrick Lechleitner, was released by Texas Congressman Tony Gonzales, who received it in response to requests for information he sent the agency six months ago.

The criminal aliens that Director Lechleitner referred to in his letter – the vast majority of whom are in the country illegally – are on ICE’s non-detained docket. That simply means even though the aliens are deportable, they were released into the U.S. (either by Customs and Border Protection or ICE) while their cases are pending. Their cases may be resolved in several ways, such as being approved for asylum or receiving a final order of removal by an immigration judge. However, until their cases are resolved, ICE tracks these non-detained aliens. The number of aliens on ICE’s non-detained docket has tripled since Fiscal Year (FY) 2018, growing from 2.6 million to 7.4 million in FY 2024.'

How in the hell does this make sense in any way, shape, or form? Those 425,000 include 15,000 rapists and 12,000 murderers. We are going to pay the consequences of the Dim's open border policy for decades to come.

The distinction is that a teleprompter should only be used when one is performing a script. One reads their "lines" from the teleprompter versus memorizing it. Then, there are times when a person is supposed to speak spontaneously in response to a question or situation. It's this latter situation that is the issue as KH wants to appear as speaking off the cuff, but almost always uses a teleprompter to keep her on script. On those rare occasions when she has been allowed to do so by the campaign, it's word salad city.

No one has a problem with teleprompters. It's the reliance on them that is the issue. And more importantly, it's the use of teleprompters in inappropriate situations and the implied lack of ability to speak without them. And if all you can do is read a script . . . . . .
First of all, thanks for explaining the function and need for teleprompters. :rolleyes:

Second, the next time you see Donald Trump addressing a crowd at one of his rallies with these rectangular pieces of glass in front of him to either side, let me know.
Ronald-Reagan-Behind-Teleprompter-1988-Public-Domain-via-Reagan-Library_thumb.jpg

All politicians these days are reliant on teleprompters. You say Kamala Harris is word salad when she isn't reading from a prompter but have you heard Donald Trump going off script and winging it when there are problems with his prompters? It's happened several times in the last few months and it's pretty entertaining to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT