ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

One of the actresses that day I've known and worked with for a number of years. I know her pretty well and I know for a fact that she's not a Trump supporter. For her at least, reading from a script that was written by a conservative political copywriter was anything but "expressing her views" and completely contradictory to her beliefs.

I added the teleprompter bit because a) it's true and b) because some of you like to insist that reading from a prompter demonstrates deception and chicanery.
So you're a hair and makeup artist, who didn't see this coming?

How in the hell does Kamala say with a straight face that she'll seal the border? Most comical sh!t I've heard. And I'm pretty sure Iran has sent thank you notes to Biden and Harris for sending them all the cash and lifting sanctions so they can afford to support Hamas and Hezbollah.

Reactions: Archer2
I added the teleprompter bit because a) it's true and b) because some of you like to insist that reading from a prompter demonstrates deception and chicanery.
As already pointed out, your note regarding this completely misses the point - call us shocked. The distinction is that a teleprompter should only be used when one is performing a script. One reads their "lines" from the teleprompter versus memorizing it. Then, there are times when a person is supposed to speak spontaneously in response to a question or situation. It's this latter situation that is the issue as KH wants to appear as speaking off the cuff, but almost always uses a teleprompter to keep her on script. On those rare occasions when she has been allowed to do so by the campaign, it's word salad city.

No one has a problem with teleprompters. It's the reliance on them that is the issue. And more importantly, it's the use of teleprompters in inappropriate situations and the implied lack of ability to speak without them. And if all you can do is read a script . . . . . .

'In a letter released Friday, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) acknowledged that 425,000 aliens released into the U.S. have criminal convictions and another 222,000 aliens have criminal charges pending. The letter, written by acting ICE Director Patrick Lechleitner, was released by Texas Congressman Tony Gonzales, who received it in response to requests for information he sent the agency six months ago.

The criminal aliens that Director Lechleitner referred to in his letter – the vast majority of whom are in the country illegally – are on ICE’s non-detained docket. That simply means even though the aliens are deportable, they were released into the U.S. (either by Customs and Border Protection or ICE) while their cases are pending. Their cases may be resolved in several ways, such as being approved for asylum or receiving a final order of removal by an immigration judge. However, until their cases are resolved, ICE tracks these non-detained aliens. The number of aliens on ICE’s non-detained docket has tripled since Fiscal Year (FY) 2018, growing from 2.6 million to 7.4 million in FY 2024.'

How in the hell does this make sense in any way, shape, or form? Those 425,000 include 15,000 rapists and 12,000 murderers. We are going to pay the consequences of the Dim's open border policy for decades to come.

• Angry
Reactions: nctransplant
The distinction is that a teleprompter should only be used when one is performing a script. One reads their "lines" from the teleprompter versus memorizing it. Then, there are times when a person is supposed to speak spontaneously in response to a question or situation. It's this latter situation that is the issue as KH wants to appear as speaking off the cuff, but almost always uses a teleprompter to keep her on script. On those rare occasions when she has been allowed to do so by the campaign, it's word salad city.

No one has a problem with teleprompters. It's the reliance on them that is the issue. And more importantly, it's the use of teleprompters in inappropriate situations and the implied lack of ability to speak without them. And if all you can do is read a script . . . . . .
First of all, thanks for explaining the function and need for teleprompters. :rolleyes:

Second, the next time you see Donald Trump addressing a crowd at one of his rallies without these rectangular pieces of glass in front of him to either side, let me know.
Ronald-Reagan-Behind-Teleprompter-1988-Public-Domain-via-Reagan-Library_thumb.jpg

All politicians these days are reliant on teleprompters. You say Kamala Harris is word salad when she isn't reading from a prompter but have you heard Donald Trump going off script and winging it when there are problems with his prompters? It's happened several times in the last few months and it's pretty entertaining to watch.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for explaining the function and need for teleprompters. :rolleyes:

Second, the next time you see Donald Trump addressing a crowd at one of his rallies with these rectangular pieces of glass in front of him to either side, let me know.
Ronald-Reagan-Behind-Teleprompter-1988-Public-Domain-via-Reagan-Library_thumb.jpg

All politicians these days are reliant on teleprompters. You say Kamala Harris is word salad when she isn't reading from a prompter but have you heard Donald Trump going off script and winging it when there are problems with his prompters? It's happened several times in the last few months and it's pretty entertaining to watch.
It's obvious to anyone but you that you did need an explanation of the compliant about KH's use of teleprompters. Otherwise, you would not have made your stupid, original statement about them. Own it.

And yes, all politicians use teleprompters and have for decades. Ever heard about the position called "speechwriter"? Someone has to write the scripts they use. The difference that you are failing to accept is that KH is almost always reading a script to the letter and only bothers to change her accents. Trump uses teleprompters all the time as well. And he deviates all the time. His RNC speech was supposed to be something like 3500 words (the media gets it ahead of time). He ended up at something like 10k. He does the same thing at his rallies. But eliminate all that. Look at the number of interviews. Look at the times there is spontaneous interaction on a tarmac or moving from a building to the limos. Trump speaks all the time. KH acts like she is alone in the forest. They won't let her go without her teleprompter.

'In a letter released Friday, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) acknowledged that 425,000 aliens released into the U.S. have criminal convictions and another 222,000 aliens have criminal charges pending. The letter, written by acting ICE Director Patrick Lechleitner, was released by Texas Congressman Tony Gonzales, who received it in response to requests for information he sent the agency six months ago.

The criminal aliens that Director Lechleitner referred to in his letter – the vast majority of whom are in the country illegally – are on ICE’s non-detained docket. That simply means even though the aliens are deportable, they were released into the U.S. (either by Customs and Border Protection or ICE) while their cases are pending. Their cases may be resolved in several ways, such as being approved for asylum or receiving a final order of removal by an immigration judge. However, until their cases are resolved, ICE tracks these non-detained aliens. The number of aliens on ICE’s non-detained docket has tripled since Fiscal Year (FY) 2018, growing from 2.6 million to 7.4 million in FY 2024.'

How in the hell does this make sense in any way, shape, or form? Those 425,000 include 15,000 rapists and 12,000 murderers. We are going to pay the consequences of the Dim's open border policy for decades to come.
I intentionally didn't bring this one up because I wanted to see if anyone tried to claim the border czar was on top of things. This report was just shocking. My beef is that they don't give a breakdown on timing of things so we don't know how many of these are under Harris/biden, orangeman, or even Barry. But, considering the rest of the numbers and the policies that all three employed, I don't think it's a huge leap to conclude a majority under our current administration. I guess this is what she means by needing change? It's just appalling.

While Netanyahu is busy screwing over his own citizens he's now trying to talk sensibly to the people of Iran? That's funny.
Help us out. How is he "busy screwing over his own citizens"? I know many jews are not Netanyahu's biggest fans, but that's potentially a broader issue. I'd like to hear your reasons.

I intentionally didn't bring this one up because I wanted to see if anyone tried to claim the border czar was on top of things. This report was just shocking. My beef is that they don't give a breakdown on timing of things so we don't know how many of these are under Harris/biden, orangeman, or even Barry. But, considering the rest of the numbers and the policies that all three employed, I don't think it's a huge leap to conclude a majority under our current administration. I guess this is what she means by needing change? It's just appalling.
I brought this up last week. I knew the libs here wouldn't respond.

It's obvious to anyone but you that you did need an explanation of the compliant about KH's use of teleprompters. Otherwise, you would not have made your stupid, original statement about them. Own it.

And yes, all politicians use teleprompters and have for decades. Ever heard about the position called "speechwriter"? Someone has to write the scripts they use. The difference that you are failing to accept is that KH is almost always reading a script to the letter and only bothers to change her accents. Trump uses teleprompters all the time as well. And he deviates all the time. His RNC speech was supposed to be something like 3500 words (the media gets it ahead of time). He ended up at something like 10k. He does the same thing at his rallies. But eliminate all that. Look at the number of interviews. Look at the times there is spontaneous interaction on a tarmac or moving from a building to the limos. Trump speaks all the time. KH acts like she is alone in the forest. They won't let her go without her teleprompter.
Are you angry with me because I shot down another of one of the insipid and accusatorial tweets you found on the internet? Why else would you so forcibly be trying to explain what is so obvious?

Three things:
- Without going back to look, I believe what started this entire teleprompter debate was when someone, probably @bluetoe, was complaining about Kamala Harris using prompters as a crutch and/or insisting she was using it when in fact she wasn't.
- How do you know that Kamala Harris "is almost always reading a script to the letter" off the prompter? Can you see it from where you're standing? And so what if she is.
- I'm not at all surprised that you think Donald Trump is well-spoken, and more so than the woman who's been kicking his butt since she entered the campaign.

Last edited:
Help us out. How is he "busy screwing over his own citizens"? I know many jews are not Netanyahu's biggest fans, but that's potentially a broader issue. I'd like to hear your reasons.
Maybe I shouldn't have stopped at "his own citizens." Maybe I should include the rest of the world. Besides his complacency which opened the door for the Oct. 7 attacks and his unmeasured response of essentially carpet bombing Gaza and now Lebanon, there's this:

When Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stands before Congress on Wednesday, he will present himself as the voice of Israel. But an Israeli man who spoke before Congress a day earlier is a more accurate voice of the Israeli public. His name is Jonathan Dekel-Chen, and he is the father of Sagui Dekel-Chen, a 35-year-old Israeli American who has been held hostage by Hamas—and in a way, by Netanyahu—since Oct. 7. Dekel-Chen was speaking for millions of Israelis when he told lawmakers, “Any true friend of Israel today must pressure our Prime Minister to finish the deal now.”

Maybe I shouldn't have stopped at "his own citizens." Maybe I should include the rest of the world. Besides his complacency which opened the door for the Oct. 7 attacks and his unmeasured response of essentially carpet bombing Gaza and now Lebanon, there's this:

When Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stands before Congress on Wednesday, he will present himself as the voice of Israel. But an Israeli man who spoke before Congress a day earlier is a more accurate voice of the Israeli public. His name is Jonathan Dekel-Chen, and he is the father of Sagui Dekel-Chen, a 35-year-old Israeli American who has been held hostage by Hamas—and in a way, by Netanyahu—since Oct. 7. Dekel-Chen was speaking for millions of Israelis when he told lawmakers, “Any true friend of Israel today must pressure our Prime Minister to finish the deal now.”
Lol at you blaming October 7 on Netanyahu. The world knows this administration coddles Iran and has showered them with money to fund their proxies.

^ 30 pages ago. 3 weeks ago.

giphy.gif

You'll have to forgive me. I'm rarely paying attention to our correspondence. I kind of do it in between important things just as a time waster.

^ 30 pages ago. 3 weeks ago.

You'll have to forgive me. I'm rarely paying attention to our correspondence. I kind of do it in between important things just as a time waster.
Translation: I tried to play dumb and slip one by you. I was only successful at playing dumb.

Are you angry with me because I shot down another of one of the insipid and accusatorial tweets you found on the internet? Why else would you so forcibly be trying to explain what is so obvious?

Three things:
- Without going back to look, I believe what started this entire teleprompter debate was when someone, probably @bluetoe, was complaining about Kamala Harris using prompters as a crutch and/or insisting she was using it when in fact she wasn't.
- How do you know that Kamala Harris "is almost always reading a script to the letter" off the prompter? Can you see it from where you're standing? And so what if she is.
- I'm not at all surprised that you think Donald Trump is well-spoken, and more so than the woman who's been kicking his butt since she entered the campaign.
no, stupid, let me point out the obvious to you yet again, to no avail I'm sure. I only joined in the teleprompter thing to counter the knee-jerk denials by one of you libturds.

But thanks for the laughs. To say you have knocked down any argument here is just another denial of reality by you. Playing dumb as you did to my last post is the most obvious way of signaling that you have no answer and you're done without actually admitting it. You have your tail tucked between your legs and all you can do now is ludicrously claim 'I won'. AND THIS IS COMPLETELY OBVIOUS, no explanation needed.. What a pathetic joke. LMAO.

• Haha
Reactions: Heels Noir
Nah, I'm just having as much fun with you as I can while you're still around because in just over a month I suspect you'll be far, far away, either off licking your wounds or standing on a ledge somewhere.

I doubt it. But if I am, it comforts me to know that you’ll be here talking about me. Thinking of me.

Well, thanks for nothing. You're consistent if nothing else. Citing an opinion piece from July in Time magazine of all places. I should have known you wouldn't/couldn't answer.

Are you angry with me because I shot down another of one of the insipid and accusatorial tweets you found on the internet?
No. Because the only thing you shot landed in some Kleenex

Why else would you so forcibly be trying to explain what is so obvious?
Apparently, it's only obvious to everyone else.
Three things:
Well, to paraphrase Jack Webb, them's the facts ma'am.
Because she repeatedly gives the same speech, literally, at differently rallies that have teleprompters. She rarely does any other events without gobbledygook. And, she's never done a press conference.
As always, reading is so very, very fundamental. I didn't say he was well-spoken - that's your opinion apparently. What I said was that he regularly deviates and adlibs from his written scripts, but more importantly, is not afraid to go into other environments where there are no scripts. As to kicking butt, live your delusion if it makes you feel better. This thing is tight, it's always been tight, and it's gonna stay tight. That's the only way they all make money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT