ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Rapist Gramps. Felon Gramp. Racist Gramps. Dementia Gramps. Pedo Gramps

Regardless, he's still the same tired old fool running to stay out of prison for the rest of his life.

No one cares, Junior.

He’s gonna be President again. And I’m salivating over the idea of watching you cry like the bitch you are about it. Have a good weekend rage poasting. I’ll see you Monday.

Reactions: bluetoe
He is old.... but he's not as old (and obviously not incoherent) as trump.
lol keep flailing away dude, you have all but won us over. No really, your flailing is so convincing. Who can resist? Just a few more flails should do it.

montyp-flail.gif

fdd66b38ef5f505b91af4d65a0e11ad6.gif

PUSdxaA.gif

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
Do you not understand his joke?

Unfortunately, at the time John Oliver couldn't have imagined that there were so many truly stupid and mentally ill people in the United States who would take that moron seriously. He thought the country would have a collective laugh together at the expense trump.
hey, thanks, Captain Obvious. Your ability to discern the completely apparent is nothing short of amazing.

Without your insight, one might think I was making a joke myself, a joke about a joke backfiring.

Idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
Patton Oswalt was on Kimmel, I think, recently, and made a great observation.

Queued to the comment:

hey, that's probably true. We'll probably end up electing yet another republican to clean up the mess created in the previous eight years who gets unjustifiably maligned and persecuted for his crime of running a country as it should be run.

Hey peewee, if you can tear yourself away from her website and X feed long enough, here's some other perspective on how the Fox interview went.

Like I argued with bluetoe... in NO OTHER election process is it needed or used or even considered. Governors, mayors, sheriffs, any executive office. Republicans still manage to win those elections despite the "unfairness of urban voting populations" or tyranny of the majority. They'll have to adapt and reform their presidential platform, that's all.

And, eventually, they will find away around it.
"Popularity" one way or the other doesn't equate to something being a good or bad idea. Perhaps something like the EC should be considered in other situations. Any entrenched power structure isn't about to let their skin in the game get changed (surely there are better ways to assess and collect taxes, but don't kid yourself for a second to think the IRS is getting modified).

It's anecdotal, but MD is a good example. You win the populace of five counties around DC/Balto and Balto City, well, the race for governor is over. They "rule" the entirety of the state. The other 18 counties literally do not matter. As a result, since 1959, the R gov's have been Spiro Agnew for 2 years before becoming VP, Bob Ehrlich for 4 years, and Larry Hogan for 8. That's 14 years R versus 50 years of D's. It's only happened when the D's ran the worst candidate imaginable and even with Hogan, he got re-elected because he was smart enough to be anti-orange in an area that's deeply blue. The central area of MD is far, far different from the western portion and the eastern shore/southern MD areas. If there wasn't a geographic blob stuck in the middle, I feel certain that those unrepresented areas would have tried to form a new state eons ago.

But like I said before, all good.

"Popularity" one way or the other doesn't equate to something being a good or bad idea. Perhaps something like the EC should be considered in other situations. Any entrenched power structure isn't about to let their skin in the game get changed (surely there are better ways to assess and collect taxes, but don't kid yourself for a second to think the IRS is getting modified).

It's anecdotal, but MD is a good example. You win the populace of five counties around DC/Balto and Balto City, well, the race for governor is over. They "rule" the entirety of the state. The other 18 counties literally do not matter. As a result, since 1959, the R gov's have been Spiro Agnew for 2 years before becoming VP, Bob Ehrlich for 4 years, and Larry Hogan for 8. That's 14 years R versus 50 years of D's. It's only happened when the D's ran the worst candidate imaginable and even with Hogan, he got re-elected because he was smart enough to be anti-orange in an area that's deeply blue. The central area of MD is far, far different from the western portion and the eastern shore/southern MD areas. If there wasn't a geographic blob stuck in the middle, I feel certain that those unrepresented areas would have tried to form a new state eons ago.

But like I said before, all good.
Do you know your electors really well? You trust their judgment and competence?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT