ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Yeah, that doesn't really explain anything, bruh.
Okay...

At first, there was the tiny amoeba. And, then... never mind.

Keep handing-out likes and not understanding how that goes against your premise that:

I'm not going to "like" any more posts. "Liking" posts is a system of conformity. You're trying to produce mass incorporated s*** (read virtue signaling). It's just another failed experiment of collectivism.

k... but, that really wasn't in the scenario he proposed. He wanted his tax money to go to "defense" rather than a 7th child of a welfare mother.

I think (I hope) it's a universal preference for wanting "people to take responsibility for their life choices." Especially if you ask them on an individual basis. Wanting others to do it is easy. Making sure YOU do it is hard!

I wish EVERYONE would have fewer children. Whether they can afford them or not. One, or two, at the very most... replacement value. That's all you ever need. One of my best friends, I've known him for 30 years now! He has SEVEN kids... it's like The Waltons! Dude, kids don't die of measles and smallpox anymore. You don't have a family farm to tend. It's not the 18th and 19th centuries. And, he will always say "I can provide for them and raise them properly." That's all well and good, but we don't need those numbers! Those 7 could become 50 in one generation! And, we DEFINITELY don't need those kinds of numbers. Whenever the subject of reproduction comes up, and if it's ever suggested that "we have a cap on the number of kids a couple can have", I'm not entirely opposed to it. As much as that infringes on "Liberty"- and it does- I just don't think our priorities and the basis for our culture is really going to be able to sustain these numbers.

I was saying if those are my two choices, which in this political climate it is, I choose anything over welfare. Give my money to a freaking circus monkey before it goes to someone on welfare who keep reproducing.

I was saying if those are my two choices, which in this political climate it is, I choose anything over welfare. Give my money to a freaking circus monkey before it goes to someone on welfare who keep reproducing.
Right, and I was saying give my money to the starving child, not the bullets or bombs to kill them.

Democrats' use of Spanish in debate evokes praise, eye rolls

https://apnews.com/c6bff5aeda8944518dcbbee587721372

Two things about this are absolutely hilarious:
  1. I think I have a new favorite term. Hispandering.
  2. Bill "Slumlord" DeBlasio, without even knowing it, invoking Che Guevara, which went over real well in Florida. LMFAO!
Now Francis "Beta" O'Rourke is headed down to Mexico to do some campaigning. You couldn't make something up this ridiculous.

Ducey blasts Nike for pulling 'Betsy Ross flag' shoe, vows to pull incentives for Arizona plant

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...s-nike-plant-not-welcome-goodyear/1626467001/

I understand this governor being fed up with this outrage culture I also agree that Kapernick is a grandstanding idiot. I'm also not a big fan of giving massive corporations an advantage against everyone else, but I don't know if I agree with him here. Your duty is to bring in jobs for your constituents. He doesn't need to go AOC-level retarded here.

Reactions: Heelicious
I don't understand how this:
AlienatedDeafeningDassie-small.gif

is offensive somehow.

I recently heard that Virginia is no longer going to "celebrate" Thomas Jefferson Day. You take away Thomas Jefferson, and you can guarantee that we're still under English rule. Now, I don't know how that translates into the existence of slavery, or any other flaw, or correction, that American society needed to correct. But, Jefferson was an incredibly wise person and his contemporaries (even the ones who didn't own slaves) agreed.

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
I recently heard that Virginia is no longer going to "celebrate" Thomas Jefferson Day. You take away Thomas Jefferson, and you can guarantee that we're still under English rule. Now, I don't know how that translates into the existence of slavery, or any other flaw, or correction, that American society needed to correct. But, Jefferson was an incredibly wise person and his contemporaries (even the ones who didn't own slaves) agreed.

People need to understand that slavery was a societal problem. It didn't just happen in the US, and it didn't just happen to black people. Hell, there are still some places in the world that have slavery. Most countries realized it was wrong, others still haven't.

Someone as stupid as Kaep will try to link it to slavery, but it represents the country that has done the most for minorities in the history of the world.
I'm wondering if it is reminiscent of the Stars and Bars with the stars arranged in a circle in the blue canton.
12-Stars-Stars-Bars-A.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me how people adhere to symbols and associate their entire attitudes based on the images and symbols. And, that includes NOT recognizing the symbols! Georgia changed its flag from this (which was unacceptable):

61ePRxUMU3L._SX425_.jpg

to this:

georgia-state_tn.jpg

And, some people never even realize that the present flag is much more of a reflection of the CSA flag than it was before! But, the recognition of that battle flag is mush more controversial, especially now.

Reactions: tarheel0910
People need to understand that slavery was a societal problem. It didn't just happen in the US, and it didn't just happen to black people. Hell, there are still some places in the world that have slavery. Most countries realized it was wrong, others still haven't.
Well, it it has happened throughout history. But, I'm not sure how much that matters in terms of how our society- now- is dealing with what happened then. If someone experiences a trauma, and then they get told "You're not the only person to have experienced that." I'm not sure how much that consoles the person.

Just to be safe, they should probably shut down UVA. Why would anyone want to be associated with a college founded by such a horrible person?

Well, it it has happened throughout history. But, I'm not sure how much that matters in terms of how our society- now- is dealing with what happened then. If someone experiences a trauma, and then they get told "You're not the only person to have experienced that." I'm not sure how much that consoles the person.

And who in this nation has experienced this "trauma"?

Just to be safe, they should probably shut down UVA. Why would anyone want to be associated with a college founded by such a horrible person?
It's interesting that Jefferson never wanted to be remembered for his presidency.

People need to understand that slavery was a societal problem.

Yeah, this is the best way to view it. Everyone in that era was what we would call insanely racist today.

Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Washington were wealthy white men from Virginia...every single person of that status owned slaves in America south of like Delaware.

Condemn the society for being that way. Condemn the hundreds of founding fathers and tens of thousands of people who agreed with the 3/5ths compromise.

Picking and choosing individuals in this instance seems like a poor place to put blame.

Reactions: NoleSoup4U
I'm definitely a fan of Paine as well as Jefferson.

I’m a fan of both. But I think Paine was the real intellectual heavyweight. His writing was the inspiration for American Revolution. He could have been the greatest president in American history IMO

Reactions: Heelicious
That’s what happens when you judge historical figures by today’s standards. I wonder what common thing people do today will tarnish their reputation in the future. My guess is driving fossil fuel cars. Nelson Mandela, sorry dude you did some good and all, but you drove in gas powered cars... the future will have no place for honoring a heathen like that who couldn’t be bothered looking out for the environment.

Yeah, this is the best way to view it. Everyone in that era was what we would call insanely racist today.

Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Washington were wealthy white men from Virginia...every single person of that status owned slaves in America south of like Delaware.

Condemn the society for being that way. Condemn the hundreds of founding fathers and tens of thousands of people who agreed with the 3/5ths compromise.

Picking and choosing individuals in this instance seems like a poor place to put blame.

The craziest part of all of this is that the people in the North were the insanely religious people. The folks of the South? The plantation owners? They were more about profits, which is what drove slavery. It's pretty interesting when you look at the common day political landscape.

Reactions: dadika13
The craziest part of all of this is that the people in the North were the insanely religious people. The folks of the South? The plantation owners? They were more about profits, which is what drove slavery. It's pretty interesting when you look at the common day political landscape.
The Southerners were very religious, too. They used Scripture to reaffirm the institution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT