ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

When people set-off pipe bombs and kill... a few... people, you're saying that doesn't make the news?
No, the copy cat effect is a theory that basically says the reason a shooter chose the AR-15 is because the one before him did. They know the one before him did it because it's always on the news. So, since it's always on the news, it's the popular choice to use. And since that's all you're seeing, you're always choosing that one instead of something else. The AR-15 isn't really a great weapon to use if your intent is to kill as many people as possible. Since it's not the best weapon to use, why do people use it? The cop cat theory answers that question.

No one is making the argument that they're the same, you dummy. And no, they aren't "pre-made". If I may:

Criminal: "I was going to kill a bunch of people today because I hate life and I want to cause pain and suffering to others. But damn, I really don't want to have to do all that bomb-making work. I guess I'll go down and volunteer at the soup kitchen instead."

No one is making the argument that they're the same, you dummy. And no, they aren't legal. If I may:

Criminal: "I was going to kill a bunch of people today because I hate life and I want to cause pain and suffering to others. But since pipe bombs are illegal and I always follow the rules when I kill people, I guess I'll go down and volunteer at the soup kitchen instead."
You are trying your best to insist that they are the same. You've already spent your wad on this several pages ago... "this is an unsolvable problem." So, now, all of your contributions have been spent to try and prove that the problem can't be solved. That includes trying to equate everything that can be used to kill people as being a perfect example of why the gun laws and attitudes we currently have are as good as they're going to get. If killers want to kill, they will. Why deprive them of anything? And, we law-abiding citizens should get to play with the tanks and RPG's, too!

I never presumed anything, you volunteered it and keep falling-back on how you're already being shaken-down to keep poor people in good health.

of-course-you-presumed-something-see-below
Well... that's not really a parallel is it?

Choosing to put something into YOUR body, and knowing the potentially harmful effects they have, is not the same as taking a firearm- that has no practical purpose other than to kill something- and willfully putting bullets into another person's body to kill them or disable them for life.

you-presumed-that-someone-putting-something-harmful-into-their-body-has-less-effect-on-me-than-something-that-has-a-0.00008989%-chance-of-occurring. Your-presumption-is-false-(-as-usual-)

No, the copy cat effect is a theory that basically says the reason a shooter chose the AR-15 is because the one before him did. They know the one before him did it because it's always on the news. So, since it's always on the news, it's the popular choice to use. And since that's all you're seeing, you're always choosing that one instead of something else. The AR-15 isn't really a great weapon to use if your intent is to kill as many people as possible. Since it's not the best weapon to use, why do people use it? The cop cat theory answers that question.
Okay, but if a murderer uses an AR-15 one day, and kills a dozen people, and a month or two goes by and someone else sets-off some pipe bombs, they will get coverage on the news as well. And, I think you're saying that the pipe bomb event will be covered less?

No one is making the argument that they're the same, you dummy. And no, they aren't "pre-made". If I may:

Criminal: "I was going to kill a bunch of people today because I hate life and I want to cause pain and suffering to others. But damn, I really don't want to have to do all that bomb-making work. I guess I'll go down and volunteer at the soup kitchen instead."

No one is making the argument that they're the same, you dummy. And no, they aren't legal. If I may:

Criminal: "I was going to kill a bunch of people today because I hate life and I want to cause pain and suffering to others. But since pipe bombs are illegal and I always follow the rules when I kill people, I guess I'll go down and volunteer at the soup kitchen instead."

The Boston Bombers never would have killed anyone if they knew that pressure cooker bomb was illegal. What we need is better bomb education.

of-course-you-presumed-something-see-below

you-presumed-that-someone-putting-something-harmful-into-their-body-has-less-effect-on-me-than-something-that-has-a-0.00008989%-chance-of-occurring. Your-presumption-is-false-(-as-usual-)
Yeah, but, as usual, your entire perspective is how this affects you, personally. If you're not inconvenienced, directly, then fvck it.

I love that you misuse the dashes because I use them correctly. I like knowing you took all that extra effort just for me. I owe you a kiss.

Is it okay with you?
No, but it appears it is to a large part of the media and politicians. To be fair, it doesn't benefit either of them to care so I can understand why they don't.

Okay, but if a murderer uses an AR-15 one day, and kills a dozen people, and a month or two goes by and someone else sets-off some pipe bombs, they will get coverage on the news as well. And, I think you're saying that the pipe bomb event will be covered less?
I'm not saying it will be covered less. I'm saying there is no news of a bomb to report, because a bomb wasn't used. Think of it this way. If you are going to buy a car and the only thing you've ever noticed on the road is a Ford, chances are a Ford is going to be what you buy, because that's all you know.

Worried about whats gonna kill ya?
On avg this is whats killing americans each day

Tobacco 1300
Diet/lifestyle 900
Alcohol 300
Mass shootings 1

Not to pooh pooh the horror of mass shootings nor the grief they cause. But really, if you smoke, drink and eat mcdonalds i wouldnt give mass shootings a second thought. Its kinda like running into the highway blindfolded and worrying about being hit by an asteroid.

Tobacco 1300
Diet/lifestyle 900
Alcohol 300
Mass shootings 1

Not to pooh pooh the horror of mass shootings nor the grief they cause. But really, if you smoke, drink and eat mcdonalds i wouldnt give mass shootings a second thought. Its kinda like running into the highway blindfolded and worrying about being hit by an asteroid.

Other people smoke and eat at McDonalds and then receive expensive healthcare paid for by tax payers, one of which is me. That has a greater tangible effect on my life than does mass shootings.

Guns are scary though, so lets everyone focus on that.

Tobacco 1300
Diet/lifestyle 900
Alcohol 300
Mass shootings 1

All of our bodies will eventually expire. Apparently, that's the case. I've not experienced it, yet. But, I see it happen quite often. So, we all owe a death, by whatever the means. Is it ideal to have it occur as painlessly and peacefully as possible... to whatever extent we can control that outcome?

I don't drink or smoke, or eat fast food, so my odds of the shooter, according to that chart, just increased dramatically. I guess I should be hoping it's a head shot that will be quick and painless.

Yeah, but, as usual, your entire perspective is how this affects you, personally. If you're not inconvenienced, directly, then fvck it.

I love that you misuse the dashes because I use them correctly. I like knowing you took all that extra effort just for me. I owe you a kiss.

Well, not entirely on me. But the real effect of mass shootings is so slight that I will worry more about other things that kill first.

But I get guns are scary for some people, so maybe you should get yourself an emotional support gerbil or something.

Tobacco 1300
Diet/lifestyle 900
Alcohol 300
Mass shootings 1

Interesting. I figured cancer would be one of the top causes.

The real question is why should mass shootings be an accepted part of society, regardless of whether or not the probability of being a casualty of one is still pretty low.

The nature of shootings in Chicago and the ones that occurred in Dayton and El Paso are completely different. It's not hard to understand.

Switzerland is a country with a high rate of gun ownership. They don't have mass shootings. There is a way to reduce and/or eliminate this problem while still retaining a high amount of ownership.

All of our bodies will eventually expire. Apparently, that's the case. I've not experienced it, yet. But, I see it happen quite often. So, we all owe a death, by whatever the means. Is it ideal to have it occur as painlessly and peacefully as possible... to whatever extent we can control that outcome?

I don't drink or smoke, or eat fast food, so my odds of the shooter, according to that chart, just increased dramatically. I guess I should be hoping it's a head shot that will be quick and painless.
No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300.

No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300.
I'm rooting for you, even though some problems are unsolvable, so beware.

Well, not entirely on me. But the real effect of mass shootings is so slight that I will worry more about other things that kill first.

But I get guns are scary for some people, so maybe you should get yourself an emotional support gerbil or something.
I'm not scared of the GUNS. I just see far too many innocent people on the business end of them, and the fear it instills on the rest of society, because people are afraid to try anything new to try and remove the likelihood of them happening. They seem content to let the numbers rise. And, they justify it using some pretty pathetic excuses.

If this were a virus, I doubt the attitude would be the same. Maybe it would. Hopefully, we never have a something like that occur and see how it plays-out.

Tobacco 1300
Diet/lifestyle 900
Alcohol 300
Mass shootings 1

Where is 'Hookers and Blow' on that list? Asking for a friend.

True, I wasn't really looking at it from that stand point. Just cancer in general.
I mean, Tobacco, just being around is pretty harmless :) You gotta fix it just right and then get addicted to it.

And, I'm less-inclined to ban things like tobacco or alcohol (or, heroin, or cocaine). I wouldn't ban any of them, personally. I don't know if that would start a nationwide addiction or not. I just think the crime and illegal profit motive is worse than just having them legal to obtain and ingest.

The difference, for me, with these high-powered firearms, is trying to lower the overall body count and the trauma these events are having. It may not be worth the effort. I do think there must be something that is making America the unique exception with all these factors.

67532846_2421592008071470_1550128128909639680_n.jpg

Okay, like the hardcore conservatives and only because they agree with you.

It's a different point of view, deal with it.
They agreed with the facts, so yes it would be them and everyone else there. You can have your own point of view though. I'm just trying to save you some embarrassment.

I'm not scared of the GUNS. I just see far too many innocent people on the business end of them, and the fear it instills on the rest of society, because people are afraid to try anything new to try and remove the likelihood of them happening. They seem content to let the numbers rise. And, they justify it using some pretty pathetic excuses.

If this were a virus, I doubt the attitude would be the same. Maybe it would. Hopefully, we never have a something like that occur and see how it plays-out.

How many people die each year from the flu vs a gun? And how is the attitude different from guns vs the flu?

Keep paying those taxes, you'll get that double wide paid off in no time....

I bet that you thought you had a humdinger with this one.

I feel like this is elder abuse. I’m sorry for picking on you pops. As a sign of good faith, you are now allowed to sit down when you sort the boll weevils out of the flax seed.

How many people die each year from the flu vs a gun? And how is the attitude different from guns vs the flu?
I don't see a great deal of political attempts to try and benefit from impeding the medical industry in combating flu epidemics.

e
I bet that you thought you had a humdinger with this one.
You don’t get it do you, I don’t care and never have cared what you think. Once I realized you are really the kind of person you are and not pretending I gave up on you. Have a good life...

OMG this is worse than high school.

Strict guns laws reduce the # of people killed by guns. Your London example supports that statement.

Why are you cherry picking stats. The stat you need to worry about is murder. It doesn't matter how they're murdered. It seems that, to you, murder isn't a big deal if it isn't committed by a gun. Now, I don't personally think that's true, but that's how you're acting. It's more likely that you're backed into a corner and don't have a decent argument.

I'm not sure. Like I said, I didn't read his link. He said that the murder rate was higher. Maybe killing 10 people in one attack is better than killing 10 people, but having to break it into two separate attacks. Seems like 10 dead people are 10 dead people to me. I could be completely wrong about this, because I'm just trying to interpret what @NoleSoup4U was trying to say. I might be way off.

Normally no, but I'm trying to find a difference as to why some of these deaths are more important than others to some people. If we are going to discuss a solution to a problem, you need to know the variables. Race seems to be a factor based on the stats. It could just be a coincidence though.

The rate per capita is higher in London than in NYC, and if you don't think you can't go on a murder spree with a knife, you would be completely wrong. It's so bad in London right now, that immigrants are sending their kids BACK to Somalia. Look, the more you take away guns, the more you make life survival of the fittest. Look at a lot of black celebrities out there who are against any kind of gun control. They know what it's like to live in a place where you need to defend yourself. They also know the history of this country when it comes to their race. You're never getting semi-auto rifles (not f***ing assault rifles) out of the black community. They won't give them up and I don't blame them.

I'm pretty sure the bullet will ricochet right off. You have no worries here.
Translation: "I purposely exaggerated the number for shock value and to make my point stronger. It's a debate tactic I use quite often and I'm ashamed of myself for doing it especially because I work very hard to create my online persona as one that values the truth."

LMFAO!!! These posts are:

iu

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT