ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I dont care what their goals are. I'm not the one with a problem with Evangelicals.

Who is a better option than Trump for the Evangelicals?

You’re the one brought up their goals.

The better option if they were honest is to not support him in the same manner they didnt support any other president they labeled “evil” for being “unchrist-like”

Wait. We're talking about an impeachment trial. You said there was no precedent for the Senate calling witnesses in an impeachment trial. Now you're saying presidents have blocked evidence in other, non-impeachment investigations. These are not the same issue.
No I was referring to the use of EP. Why does it matter when it is used if it's completely legal?

Wait. We're talking about an impeachment trial. You said there was no precedent for the Senate calling witnesses in an impeachment trial. Now you're saying presidents have blocked evidence in other, non-impeachment investigations. These are not the same issue.

Clinton tried to block evidence in his trial via exec privilege. And the House took him to court and won.

Why does this Congress get to change the rules?

Reactions: nctransplant
Do you think it is likely that the Ukranians have dirt on the Bidens?

I have no idea, that Shokin shit is a mess. I'm sure that Trump either thinks they do or thinks they will if they investigate it further.

If you're trying to pull the "he was acting to protect America against a corrupt politician" then we're going to have to end the convo here cuz we're never going to agree and bickering back and forth will be pointless. I'm always going to think that Trump was protecting his own interests and his interests in the 2020 election against Biden more than any concern he'd ever have over how this impacted America.

You can think differently and that's fine, we'll agree to disagree.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Two seconds of internet research declare the impeachment "precedent" argument to be bullcrap. The 1999 Senate voted to have Monica Lewinsky and two Clinton aides provide private, videotaped depositions.

Back to my original question: why can't this be done for the current trial?

It can. I think it's a great idea.

Reactions: nctransplant
You just spent 30 minutes of your vacation arguing that the Senate shouldn't call witnesses because it's never been done before. WTF.
I wouldn't call witnesses if I were them either. Neither of the Articles of Impeachment has a crime listed in it. High crimes and Misdemeanors. At least the Clinton Impeachment had felonies noted.

Using the office for personal gain and obstruction of justice are the issues he was impeached over.
Neither are crimes. Using the office for personal gain? Are you serious? Impeach the whole damn place then. Obstruction of congress? You ever heard of the judicial branch? That's where we go when there is a disagreement. If you don't think this is because they have a weak ass field running for President you truly are blinded.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT