ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Neither are crimes. Using the office for personal gain? Are you serious? Impeach the whole damn place then. Obstruction of congress? You ever heard of the judicial branch? That's where we go when there is a disagreement. If you don't think this is because they have a weak ass field running for President you truly are blinded.

Uhhh well he was already impeached for those things so evidently theres more to it than you think. And i’ve already stated i dont support impeachment or removal.

Although i admit delighting in the knowledge this pisses the orange pos off to no end.

Uhhh well he was already impeached for those things so evidently theres more to it than you think. And i’ve already stated i dont support impeachment or removal.

Although i admit delighting in the knowledge this pisses the orange pos off to no end.
No there's not. No statute, felony, etc are mentioned in the Articles. The reason there are none mentioned is because there aren't any. You can't make laws up as you go.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Why? I vote for who best represents my stand on issues. That's a pretty simple way to describe who I vote for.

mostly because i read your stuff and i don’t feel like you’re being a richard and you’re informed...not to say i am completely informed or up to date, but it’s good to read thoughtful opinions even if they are different.

have you ever voted for someone when everything didn’t completely benefit just you?

mostly because i read your stuff and i don’t feel like you’re being a richard and you’re informed...not to say i am completely informed or up to date, but it’s good to read thoughtful opinions even if they are different.

have you ever voted for someone when everything didn’t completely benefit just you?
I won't vote for anyone that has different goals than what I have. That makes no sense to me. And yes I will vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

Put whoever you want on trial and if they’re guilty send the sons of bitches to jail. That should suit everyone right?

this is where i am...i’m just over all of them.

to think trump ran as an outsider and his people believed that then and still believe it.

this is where i am...i’m just over all of them.

to think trump ran as an outsider and his people believed that then and still believe it.
I’ve been in Ecuador now for about two weeks and when people hear that you’re from the US they just shake their heads and smile.

Reactions: gteeitup
I’ve been in Ecuador now for about two weeks and when people hear that you’re from the US they just shake their heads and smile.
Next time they do that let them know how lucky you are to live in a country that has given you a chance to own your own business and make enough money to be a world traveler. A country that allows you to vote for whoever you want. A country that is full of people who were allowed to come here from other countries and become citizens. Where anyone can worship or not worship whatever God they choose. Then let them know these are the reasons you are still living here instead of leaving the country.

Next time they do that let them know how lucky you are to live in a country that has given you a chance to own your own business and make enough money to be a world traveler. A country that allows you to vote for whoever you want. A country that is full of people who were allowed to come here from other countries and become citizens. Where anyone can worship or not worship whatever God they choose. Then let them know these are the reasons you are still living there instead of leaving the country.
I agree with everything you said.

One thing I've learned in life is to never worry about what others think of you. It doesn't do you any good. Just be yourself and make sure you can look in the mirror at night and be happy with your decisions that day.
I only wish our country had the respect and admiration from all over the world that it once had.

No there's not. No statute, felony, etc are mentioned in the Articles. The reason there are none mentioned is because there aren't any. You can't make laws up as you go.

I dont think you understand what constitutes grounds for impeachment. But using the office for personal gain is. As well as obstruction of justice. You can stomp your foot and shake your fist all u want but those are still grounds for impeachment. Its not my opinion or the dems’ opinion its fact plain and simple AND HES ALREADY BEEN IMPEACHED FOR IT. Dont believe look it up. So you might as well argue with a stop sign. The only issue now is whether the actions warrant removal from office. I dont think they do myself. I think he shoulda been censured.

Reactions: nctransplant
I only wish our country had the respect and admiration from all over the world that it once had.
I can assure you that America has never been liked by all. There's always going to be some countries that hate us. There are plenty of people who do like us though. That's why hundreds of thousands of people still try to get here legally and illegally.

We’re still admired and respected. Its just that instead of the british and western europe its now russia and eastern europe. Australia never liked us. We bought off israel so they’re our whore regardless. Rest of the mideast always has and always will hate us. China doesnt care so long as they own our debt. Japanese despise our military presence.

Reactions: gteeitup
I don't get it. I thought I was supposed to vote for who I felt was best for the country. And you and everybody else were to vote for who you all believe to be best for the country. And then at the end, we tally the votes to see who wins. Is that not how it's supposed to work? Did I get something confused?

Yea you’re def confused. The issue which seemed pretty obvious was not voting but whether or not to look the other way if the president commits impeachable offenses and he represents your party. A lot of people evidently would ignore any and all offenses just so their party would win. Not that you would do that. Some people put country and constitution ahead of party. Crazy huh

No, I would definitely do that. Because the other choice is worse than me being a non-principled hypocrite.

Actually both choices usually are worse than being a non principled hypocrite. You’ve convinced yourself that there’s somehow degrees of separation from being corrupt in being a dem or repub or a trump supporter or not. Lol. I’m not capable of those mental gymnastics. Neither got my vote last time and i suspect neither will again. But its inevitable one or the other wins. So i’ll just bitch and moan for no purpose i guess.

No there's not. No statute, felony, etc are mentioned in the Articles. The reason there are none mentioned is because there aren't any.
You don't need a prove a crime took place to remove the president from office. The president's own defense attorney told us so:

"It certainly doesn't have to be a crime. If you have somebody who completely corrupts the office of president, and who abuses trust, and who poses great danger to our liberty, you don't need a technical crime." - Alan Dershowitz

I don't get it. I thought I was supposed to vote for who I felt was best for the country.

What's best for you (not you, meaning anyone) is not always what's best for the country.

We all juggle it. Hypothetically, do we vote for the scumbag who is better for us or the awesome person who will make the country as a whole better but may not make us better/richer/etc? I'm not even saying that's Trump or Bernie or Biden or whoever. Just in random scenario.

For me, it happens to be happening now. I personally hate Trump but I love what my 401k and investments look like. Does it make me a bad person that I struggle with who to vote for in 2020 because of this? Some would say yes.

What's best for you (not you, meaning anyone) is not always what's best for the country.

We all juggle it. Hypothetically, do we vote for the scumbag who is better for us or the awesome person who will make the country as a whole better but may not make us better/richer/etc? I'm not even saying that's Trump or Bernie or Biden or whoever. Just in random scenario.

For me, it happens to be happening now. I personally hate Trump but I love what my 401k and investments look like. Does it make me a bad person that I struggle with who to vote for in 2020 because of this? Some would say yes.
Will you vote for someone that you know will ruin your 401K and investments.

But you're assuming that either candidate regularly has redeeming qualities. That's not the case. The only reason they made it to where they are is because they're a scumbag. You don't get the party nomination without being one. So with that in mind, we all pick our preferred scumbag.

Oh I agree - it's been the lesser of two evils for most elections in US History.

But you still could be voting for the person you know is the greater of two evils because it benefits you personally. I know there are scenarios where I would.

It's hard for me to reconcile that what's best for me isn't what's best for America in general. Is that self-centered? I can't even tell anymore.

It's not the least narcissistic thing I've ever heard but I think most people feel this to at least some level.

It's hard for me to reconcile that what's best for me isn't what's best for America in general. Is that self-centered? I can't even tell anymore.
At least you can acknowledge that these are two different things. That distinction seems to be awfully blurred these days, especially among the fringes of the liberal/conservative spectrum.

Will you vote for someone that you know will ruin your 401K and investments.
Low interest rates, tax cuts for corporations who are using that money to buy back stock and not paying down the debt but instead creating more debt is keeping the market from having a natural correction. The correction is coming and the longer it is kept from happening the worse it will be. It just doesn’t make good business to give tax cuts and add to debt during the good times because you have nothing to fight with when the bad times hit and they always do.

Low interest rates, tax cuts for corporations who are using that money to buy back stock and not paying down the debt but instead creating more debt is keeping the market from having a natural correction. The correction is coming and the longer it is kept from happening the worse it will be. It just doesn’t make good business to give tax cuts and add to debt during the good times because you have nothing to fight with when the bad times hit and they always do.
Like the vast majority of Americans, I got a tax break. My company has been giving people bonuses with some of that tax savings and those buybacks can help out a lot of 401k's. Not everything is an absolute. And that's not what is keeping the market from having a natural correction.

Usually the people who really struggle during bad economies are the people who weren't smart enough to make a ton of money when it was good or the people who are doing stupid things with their money/credit. I know how shitty that sounds but seriously, it's been literally impossible to not make money in the past 2 years.

Wanna know the large majority of people who lost their home during the recession? The ones who put 1% down. The ones who didn't do enough research on how absolutely shitty adjustable rate mortgages are for 99% of the population yet still took one out. The family with 1 kid who had 3 car loans.

Wanna know what will happen if the economy tanks? I'll move most of my retirement and investments into gold and extremely low risk funds but overall I'll be fine because I really stay focused on my finances. I vote for someone in favor of certain bills that hopefully won't cause me to do that.

Wanna know what will happen if the economy tanks? I'll move most of my retirement and investments into gold and extremely low risk funds but overall I'll be fine because I really stay focused on my finances. I vote for someone in favor of certain bills that hopefully won't cause me to do that.
Have you considered annuities?

(This is a Steat joke and I apologize if I screwed it up.)

[QUOTE="dadika13, post: 1305351, member: 2638

Wanna know what will happen if the economy tanks? I'll move most of my retirement and investments into gold and extremely low risk funds but overall I'll be fine because I really stay focused on my finances. I vote for someone in favor of certain bills that hopefully won't cause me to do that.[/QUOTE] Are you saying that you think you can time the market?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT