ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

China has the competitive advantage on cheap, unskilled labor. I say let them run with that advantage at the "bottom" of the market. Get good trade terms so we can have access to that, but don't need to actually have as much in the US. I want leadership at the top of the market, in science and tech as mentioned. We should be continuing to invest in innovation in those areas.

Exactly. We should be above those types of jobs because we're too busy focused on educating our youth (so they don't need unskilled jobs) in those fields which are and will be highly valuable to the us and the rest of the world.

Reactions: tarheel0910
There are reports that Paul may try to argue with Roberts on the senate floor about naming the whistleblower. I find Paul to be a huge douchebag that was elected only because of his last name.

There are reports that Paul may try to argue with Roberts on the senate floor about naming the whistleblower. I find Paul to be a huge douchebag that was elected only because of his last name.

I agree with this assessment. His dad is a loony tune and he is a douche.

The idea that you want to scare people from anonymously making light of illegal activity is some Soviet Union shit.

tenor.gif

If the whistle blower did indeed coordinate with Schiff to write his report I want him named too. Whistleblowers are protected against retaliation not anonymity.

But Schiff never interacted with the whistlebl ... wait, yes he did ... no, wait ... he didnt .... i cant keep up.

Reactions: nctransplant

Wow as someone with libertarian roots who supposedly favors less govt and personal freedom thats just damn pathetic pandering to the man who cuckholded him at the debate. What a pussy

We're talking about the same morans who shot up a pizza restaurant because they thought it was being used for human trafficking and sex rings. You're out of your mind.

I was about to post this exact thing. Trump wouldn’t make it 24 hours without holding some rally where he talks about how “something needs to be done” about the whistleblowers leading the ‘witch hunt’ and how ‘America used to deal with the traitors.’

Can any trumpanzees point out a meaningful distinction between Kushner's appointment and the job that Hunter Biden got?

Republicans now questioning Dems on why they blocked witnesses, which is exactly what they're in the process of doing themselves.

Is there any room to squeeze some more hypocrisy into this situation?

We're talking about the same morans who shot up a pizza restaurant because they thought it was being used for human trafficking and sex rings. You're out of your mind.
Not that this has anything to do with what we are talking about, but what I was referring to is the law concerning whistleblowers.

I live for the day that someone at one of these partisan circle jerk “hearings” (be it confirmation, impeachment or whatevee) tells everyone on both sides to gfy and speaks some common sense in their best sam elliott voice. I think they instantly become front runner for next president

The idea that you want to scare people from anonymously making light of illegal activity is some Soviet Union shit.

tenor.gif
Judge: Prosecutor, you may call your 1st witness.
Prosecutor: We don’t have any witnesses your honor, but we have the notes from an anonymous phone call that state that Mr. Dadika exposed himself to the women’s auxiliary.
Defense: But your honor we would like to cross examine the witness.
Judge: I’m sorry, that may discourage other anonymous witnesses from coming forward.

Seems reasonable to me.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Prosecutor: We don’t have any witnesses your honor, but we have the notes from an anonymous phone call that state that Mr. Dadika exposed himself to the women’s auxiliary.
Judge: I’m sorry, that may discourage other anonymous witnesses from coming forward.

Seems reasonable to me.
Curious as to why you used Mr. @dadika13 as an example in this story. Is there something we should know?

... what I was referring to is the law concerning whistleblowers.
Yes, and it's a completely disingenuous argument. While there is no law protecting his/her identity, the simple act of disclosing his/her name could be interpreted as witness retaliation and an act of obstruction since this is a congressional matter. Justice Roberts shut it down for a reason.

Yes, and it's a completely disingenuous argument. While there is no law protecting his/her identity, the simple act of disclosing his/her name could be interpreted as witness retaliation and an act of obstruction since this is a congressional matter. Justice Roberts shut it down for a reason.
OK, don't name him, that's fine by me. What would be wrong with interviewing the WB behind closed doors? His motives, associations and who he worked with crafting the report are important.

Reactions: cletusnow
OK, don't name him, that's fine by me. What would be wrong with interviewing the WB behind closed doors? His motives, associations and who he worked with crafting the report are important.
Did he report anything that was untrue?

Did he report anything that was untrue?

How do you know it's a "he"?

I get the reasons for not naming the whistleblower, I just hope that someone has looked into this person and has concluded they're trustworthy and believable. And by someone, I mean not some partisan hack carrying out a political vendetta.

I get the reasons for not naming the whistleblower, I just hope that someone has looked into this person and has concluded they're trustworthy and believable. And by someone, I mean not some partisan hack carrying out a political vendetta.
The IG appointed by Trump looked into it.

And found "them" to have bias.
He said possible bias because he was a registered democrat. He found the accusation to be creditable enough to proceed. Maybe you should be upset at Trump for making such a bad hire. A good hire would have never let it get this far.

And found "them" to have bias.

It was pretty impossible to not have bias as a whistleblower. There are VERY few people who do this out of the goodness of their heart to people they like. I don't think any Trump fan would have ratted on him just as I don't think any Biden fan would have ratted on Biden.

Just kinda the way it works. To me, bias means nothing. Find out if it's true - that's all I'd want.

Seems reasonable to me.

That's not exactly an apples to apples comparison to what's happening here.

If someone is saying I exposed myself and no one else saw it, no tape, no evidence of any kind then that "whistleblower" wouldn't have much credibility and no one would believe them.

That's not what's happening here. There were other people on this call, other people who knew about the quid pro quo, etc. etc.

So if I was accused of exposing myself in the women's auxiliary and there were 4 other people in the area, I'd want them called as witnesses if I knew I didn't do it and they could back it up.

"Trump's impeachment trial is being tuned out by America because no one thinks it matters
The stock market isn't freaking out, everyone sees Washington as corrupt, and Congress is too partisan to deliver a surprising outcome."

100% accurate.

I haven't watched a second of any of it. Simply don't care.

Reactions: UNC71-00
"Trump's impeachment trial is being tuned out by America because no one thinks it matters
The stock market isn't freaking out, everyone sees Washington as corrupt, and Congress is too partisan to deliver a surprising outcome."

100% accurate.
The DJ is down 524 points at the moment.

The DJ is down 524 points at the moment.
And it will be back up near record highs in a few days. You seem to do this a lot. Come on here when the stock market is having a down day as if it's some kind of big deal, when it clearly isn't. I guess if you're a day trader it is, but if you invest in the long run the market is doing great.

And it will be back up near record highs in a few days. You seem to do this a lot. Come on here when the stock market is having a down day as if it's some kind of big deal, when it clearly isn't. I guess if you're a day trader it is, but if you invest in the long run the market is doing great.
Well... that might be a coincidence. I was reading the recent posts. I saw @dadika13 post "The stock market isn't freaking out." So, I went and looked at the DJ, to see for myself. And, low and behold, it was down 524 points. Now it's down 573 points. That's a 2% drop. That seems like a little bit of a freak-out. If it goes back up, that's awesome. But, the stock market is freaking-out today. Sorry.

Can any trumpanzees point out a meaningful distinction between Kushner's appointment and the job that Hunter Biden got?

Republicans now questioning Dems on why they blocked witnesses, which is exactly what they're in the process of doing themselves.

Is there any room to squeeze some more hypocrisy into this situation?

for starters, Kushner wasn’t kicked out of the Navy and arrested with a crack pipe.

also, if you don’t see the difference between foreign graft and working after thorough vetting in the executive branch, then I don’t know what I can tell you to explain as you are you are too stupid for words.

Well... that might be a coincidence. I was reading the recent posts. I saw @dadika13 post "The stock market isn't freaking out." So, I went and looked at the DJ, to see for myself. And, low and behold, it was down 524 points. Now it's down 573 points. That's a 2% drop. That seems like a little bit of a freak-out. If it goes back up, that's awesome. But, the stock market is freaking-out today. Sorry.

yeah that’s not even a blip on the radar. Check back in a week or so and see where it is.

yeah that’s not even a blip on the radar. Check back in a week or so and see where it is.
Well, it could absolutely jump back up. I was simply going on his statement that the market was not freaking out, I haven't looked at the DJI in about 2 weeks. That looked pretty freaky to me.

Well the article wasn't saying it wasn't freaking out for one day. It was talking about over the course of the impeachment and the market has shrugged that off. But even if it was talking about just one day, impeachment isn't the reason the market is down today. I think the context is pretty important.

Well, it could absolutely jump back up. I was simply going on his statement that the market was not freaking out, I haven't looked at the DJI in about 2 weeks. That looked pretty freaky to me.

FYI I was quoting an author of an article. But @tarheel0910 said it right, it has nothing to do with the impeachment and it’s one day.

The stock market is down on coronavirus concerns, not the impeachment trial. The market reacts when new information is available. China halting a lot of stuff to try to curb the outbreak is new information that is potentially disruptive. The impeachment trial humming along and going exactly according to expectations that was already baked into the market is not new information.

The stock market is down on coronavirus concerns, not the impeachment trial. The market reacts when new information is available. China halting a lot of stuff to try to curb the outbreak is new information that is potentially disruptive. The impeachment trial humming along and going exactly according to expectations that was already baked into the market is not new information.
I keep hearing about the coronavirus being a part of this.

Once again what did they say that was untrue? It’s like someon robbing a bank in front of everyone in the bank and them saying they did it and the defense wanting to know who the person was that called 911.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT