ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

He said it as a shot at democrats and to entertain his base. But you can bet that some idiot liberal will run with that as if (1) it matters and (2) that Trump really thinks that.

I'm not part of Trump's "base" - but statements like these are what make me enjoy the Trump presidency, and more likely to vote for him in November. Of course it's not true, but if he didn't say it, we wouldn't get the: "bUt ThAtS nOt TrUe! sHoW mE ThE bUsEs!!! tRuMp LiEd aGaIn!!!" from those that hate him, who happen to be a group of people that I love to see get their undies in a bundle. If either a) he stopped poking at them or b) they stopped reacting in a way I found comical, I would lose interest in this presidency. But for the time being it looks like neither will stop any time soon.

But see, these are the kind of statements that Trump makes that go in the tally of "lies told". It's not a lie. He said it as a shot at democrats and to entertain his base. But you can bet that some idiot liberal will run with that as if (1) it matters and (2) that Trump really thinks that.

The point is that it's so trivial why would anyone care to "debunk" it?
In other words the truth means nothing to you. I’m not surprised.

I'm not part of Trump's "base" - but statements like these are what make me enjoy the Trump presidency, and more likely to vote for him in November. Of course it's not true, but if he didn't say it, we wouldn't get the: "bUt ThAtS nOt TrUe! sHoW mE ThE bUsEs!!! tRuMp LiEd aGaIn!!!" from those that hate him, who happen to be a group of people that I love to see get their undies in a bundle. If either a) he stopped poking at them or b) they stopped reacting in a way I found comical, I would lose interest in this presidency. But for the time being it looks like neither will stop any time soon.
Yeah right....

Years down the road you won’t be able to find a soul who will admit they voted for this son of a bitch.

Sure we will. We'll just tell the truth; "Look what they ran against him."
Sorry but you have no right to say what is the truth. You have given up that right by supporting the biggest liar in history. You have no idea what is the truth and what is not and you don’t care what is really the truth.

Sorry but you have no right to say what is the truth. You have given up that right by supporting the biggest liar in history. You have no idea what is the truth and what is not and you don’t care what is really the truth.

Biggest liar in history? Dude. I don't like the guy either but he isn't even remotely close to the biggest liar of our Presidents, let alone in all of history.

You make yourself seem just as ignorant if you make ridiculous statements like this.

I know you're full of crap...and that's the truth.

IMO, you support the overthrow of the duly elected President if the US for no reason other than he had the audacity to win. You sir, are a traitor. You have no right to lecture anyone on anything. Leave my country.

ETA...calm down, I'm kidding.

I know you're full of crap...and that's the truth.

IMO, you support the overthrow of the duly elected President if the US for no reason other than he had the audacity to win. You sir, are a traitor. You have no right to lecture anyone on anything. Leave my country.

8JNdp2.gif

QUOTE="gteeitup, post: 1311138, member: 262"]well, this is comforting

[/QUOTE

I agree- it is comforting.

Reactions: cletusnow
In other words the truth means nothing to you. I’m not surprised.

the truth doesn’t mean anything to anyone with regards to politics. I gave up on worrying about pols telling the truth after I was told I could keep my insurance plan and doctor.

here’s what matters:
1) Economy
2) Protection of my personal liberties

3) everything else

Trump claims at a New Hampshire rally that the only reason he didn’t win the state was because hundreds of buses brought voters in from other states.

But it’s the media that makes him look bad right?

didnt you say something similar when Trump said the FBI was spying on him and his campaign?

Thankfully Bernie seems cooked. Barely carried a state in his backyard and voter turnout was dismal.

That said, Bloomberg entering is going to chop up the moderate vote and that nut Sanders could still slip in.

A Trump/Sanders election would just show that moderates are not going to have their voice heard in 2020. A “who has a bigger base” election sucks.

Thankfully Bernie seems cooked. Barely carried a state in his backyard and voter turnout was dismal.

That said, Bloomberg entering is going to chop up the moderate vote and that nut Sanders could still slip in.

A Trump/Sanders election would just show that moderates are not going to have their voice heard in 2020. A “who has a bigger base” election sucks.
I think Sanders is going to fade now that we are finished with the white states. Nevada and SC are going to be hard for him with large minority populations. I'm not sure who is going to win this thing now though. It looks like Warren is done, Biden is hanging on by a thread and Sanders and Mayor Pete can't win over minorities. It might end up a brokered convention.

Reactions: Heelicious
media lies

I will assume by your attempt at sarcastic humor that you know you posted a link to a story that has been factually proven to be false beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Why do you worry about other people disseminating lies if you are doing the same thing?

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Voter turnout seems like it was pretty good.

EQlKtScWkAEfphH

ETA- And they aren't done counting Trump's votes, whereas the others are all final tallies.

Are y'all ever going to throw in the towel? Don't you at some point get sick of losing?

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Voter turnout seems like it was pretty good.

EQlKtScWkAEfphH

ETA- And they aren't done counting Trump's votes, whereas the others are all final tallies.

Are y'all ever going to throw in the towel? Don't you at some point get sick of losing?

Who is y'all that you're referring to?

I think Sanders is going to fade now that we are finished with the white states. Nevada and SC are going to be hard for him with large minority populations. I'm not sure who is going to win this thing now though. It looks like Warren is done, Biden is hanging on by a thread and Sanders and Mayor Pete can't win over minorities. It might end up a brokered convention.

I'm interested to see what Mayor Pete's numbers look like with minorities now that he has a very real shot at winning. I tend to think they will dramatically improve as he represents the party youth and he's not some crusty old white man/woman.

I'm very curious to see how Mayor Pete does in Nevada and SC and if stop and frisk is going to stop Bloomberg before he even gets going.

Not that any of it really matters in November anyway.

Who is y'all that you're referring to?

If you are curious as to whether or not I am directing a comment towards you, then that probably means I am not.

(Y'all meant anyone who thinks Trump isn't going to win this election by a bigger margin than before.)

I'm interested to see what Mayor Pete's numbers look like with minorities now that he has a very real shot at winning. I tend to think they will dramatically improve as he represents the party youth and he's not some crusty old white man/woman.

I'm very curious to see how Mayor Pete does in Nevada and SC and if stop and frisk is going to stop Bloomberg before he even gets going.

Not that any of it really matters in November anyway.

Pete has no chance of winning the General Election.

My bet is that they finally let Bernie win knowing he will get killed in the General. The dems will then use that as a way to get the far left taken out of meaningful discussions about policy and strategy that will be needed in 2024.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
If you are curious as to whether or not I am directing a comment towards you, then that probably means I am not.

(Y'all meant anyone who thinks Trump isn't going to win this election by a bigger margin than before.)

Yeah - not at me then. I think it's becoming more and more likely as a landslide.

My bet is that they finally let Bernie win knowing he will get killed in the General. The dems will then use that as a way to get the far left taken out of meaningful discussions about policy and strategy that will be needed in 2024.

I don't think they are smart enough to do that but I agree it would be their best long term play. Guys like Beshear, Kennedy, and Mayor Pete offer them some hope for 2024.

I think the last thing someone like AOC wants is Bernie to win the nomination for that reason alone and seeing her sad makes me very happy.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I don't think they will change much unless he comes out as straight before then.

I don't think they will change much unless he comes out as straight before then.

I'm shocked at how many people still don't know he's gay. Most of my office didn't know until like 2 weeks ago and I consider them moderately knowledgeable with this kind of stuff.

But yeah - I agree with you that being gay with minorities in the bible belt isn't going to do him any favors.

I'm shocked at how many people still don't know he's gay. Most of my office didn't know until like 2 weeks ago and I consider them moderately knowledgeable with this kind of stuff.

But yeah - I agree with you that being gay with minorities in the bible belt isn't going to do him any favors.

That sentiment among minorities isn’t restricted to the Bible Belt. Pete has no chance.

They are screwed either way if there is a brokered convention. Either they do what you said or they don't pick him and his supporters stay home like they did in 2016. Both options result in a Trump win. Sanders is screwing the party and he isn't even a part of it.

Reactions: Heelicious
I will assume by your attempt at sarcastic humor that you know you posted a link to a story that has been factually proven to be false beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Why do you worry about other people disseminating lies if you are doing the same thing?

bull....fuking...shit

The justice Dept indeed found no evidence someone was “planted” in trumps campaign.

But I guess you’re claiming then there were indeed hundreds of buses bringing voters in to help hrc win new hampshire

bull....fuking...shit

The justice Dept indeed found no evidence someone was “planted” in trumps campaign.

But I guess you’re claiming then there were indeed hundreds of buses bringing voters in to help hrc win new hampshire

No, it's not bullshit. The FBI illegally spied on Trump's campaign. That's what the whole IG report was about. Do you really not know this?

I have no idea if buses brought anyone in for HRC, BDD or anyone else. Neither do you.

EQlKtScWkAEfphH

That's quite the impressive turnout for Trump, when it's in no way needed. Personally, I'll be voting in the Democratic Primary in MA like I did in 2016, so I won't be adding to his primary number in MA even if I were to vote for him in the general.

In 2016 I voted for Bernie in the primary, as a vote against Hillary. It seems like there were a lot of similar minded people in NH. Bernie got over 60% of the vote there in 2016, and now he was down in the mid-20% range. This year, I'll be voting for someone other than Bernie, probably Pete, for the same reason. The most entertaining thing that could happen would be if it were to....

end up a brokered convention.

That would be awesome. Give the people what they want! The people deserve to get to see a glorious final act clownshow in the circus that has been this DNC primary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT