ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

“Required documents to obtain the more secure ID include identification (original or certified copy of a birth certificate with a raised seal or valid U.S. passport), a Social Security card, W-2 form, proof of legal name changes, and two proofs of your Virginia address, such as vehicle registration, insurance card or bank statement.”

https://patch.com/virginia/fredericksburg/virginia-real-id-deadline-head-dmv-what-you-need-know

That’s a lot. And there are many people who can’t or won’t be able to produce that. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad for it just to weed out air travel some. But it does seem a bit over the top.
That does seem to be a little much. I just automatically got mine when I renewed my license. Didn't need to provide anything but my license information.

88198429_10206951244935229_7491903280537141248_n.jpg

My dental hygienist, who is way hotter than you, said that she had to make multiple trips to the DMV because they kept requesting more info. She said she had to have birth certificate, SS card, a utility bill to show proof of residence and maybe even a marriage license.

If she's that good looking, they probably just wanted her to keep coming back so they could get another look. :D

According to N.C. dmv this is what has to be presented in person to obtain real id
  • One document (with full name) proving identity and date of birth
  • One document (with full name and full Social Security Number) confirming Social Security number
  • Two documents (with current physical address) proving North Carolina residency
  • For non-U.S. citizens, one document(with full name) proving legal presence/lawful status
  • If applicable, one or more documents verifying any name change

• something tells me you better get it now. Come sept when panic sets in and people wanting to travel for the holidays realize they have to have one dmv will be even a worst nightmare than usual

According to N.C. dmv this is what has to be presented in person to obtain real id
  • One document (with full name) proving identity and date of birth
  • One document (with full name and full Social Security Number) confirming Social Security number
  • Two documents (with current physical address) proving North Carolina residency
  • For non-U.S. citizens, one document(with full name) proving legal presence/lawful status
  • If applicable, one or more documents verifying any name change

• something tells me you better get it now. Come sept when panic sets in and people wanting to travel for the holidays realize they have to have one dmv will be even a worst nightmare than usual
So basically what you need to get a driver's license. I don't see what's so hard about that other than having to wait in line.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
So basically what you need to get a driver's license. I don't see what's so hard about that other than having to wait in line.
Alright, i just took a look at the Georgia website and it basically said that you need the same things that @heelmanwilm said to get the ID. My stuff was already on file from getting my license and that's why I didn't need to provide anything else.

I'm just not seeing this as being a hassle. Most people should have a birth certificate, SS card and a couple of documents showing their address easily available to them. They aren't asking for blood and urine samples.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I think I just brought in my passport and that fulfilled whatever I needed in MA to get my real ID.

Kinda surprised they even looked at the passport to be honest - they don't much like forcing people to prove citizenship/residency in general in MA.

The first people to complain about Real ID being a PITA are the same people who will shoot down any complaints about the voter registration process or precincts being closed.

yes I suspect one will throw their support behind Biden and the other their support behind Sanders for benefits to be named later. Maybe as running mates.

I think the donors made it clear who the superdelegates would be backing in the event of a brokered convention. And they probably got offered cabinet positions.

I’m guessing Nina Turner would be Bernie’s VP pick. I don’t know who Biden would choose but it will almost certainly be a woman of color

I’m guessing Nina Turner would be Bernie’s VP pick. I don’t know who Biden would choose but it will almost certainly be a woman of color

This would be extremely wise...they need to mix up that ticket away from the old white man. She also probably gets the Dems Ohio.

Stacey Abrams would be another option as well, also checks those boxes and being from the south doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: uncboy10
This would be extremely wise...they need to mix up that ticket away from the old white man. She also probably gets the Dems Ohio.

Stacey Abrams would be another option as well, also checks those boxes and being from the south doesn't hurt either.

Stacey Abrams is the other name I’ve been hearing a lot lately.

Somehow Bernie is polling within a few points of trump in Texas of all places. I don’t know if there’s a VP pick that gets him over the hump there but if a dem wins that state it’s all over

Stacey Abrams is the other name I’ve been hearing a lot lately.

Somehow Bernie is polling within a few points of trump in Texas of all places. I don’t know if there’s a VP pick that gets him over the hump there but it’s over if a dem wins that state it’s all over
The nomination is going to Biden.

The nomination is going to Biden.

If Bernie gets a majority of delegates there’s nothing the DNC can do about it. The more people who drop out the more likely that becomes.

I’m betting they’ve asked warren to stick around as long as possible to take away progressive votes from Bernie

If Biden is the nominee then we will get another four years of trump

I don't see a VP pick making a difference in this race. It's going to come down to a single question for a certain group of voters. Will independent voters ignore Trump being a huge douchebag and vote for him because of the economy? A black VP won't change that.

I don't see a VP pick making a difference in this race. It's going to come down to a single question for a certain group of voters. Will independent voters ignore Trump being a huge douchebag and vote for him because of the economy? A black VP won't change that.

I disagree. You can’t reduce the complexity of a presidential election to a single issue. There’s a lot of people who care about issues like climate change or abortion, not to mention the fact that the economy is still not doing that well for a lot of people, particularly blue collar workers. I’d have to double check the numbers, but off the top of my head, I don’t think wage growth has matched inflation in like forty years. We can talk about the stock market and unemployment rates all we want but if workers watch the purchasing power of their income drop year after year then they’re not going to be happy with the economy.

And how many people will understand that the business cycle will continue to happen regardless of who is president? This cycle started almost four full years before trump even took office.

Yeah I disagree there. Biden + a black, female VP hits a lot of check marks. Biden is moderate, was Obama’s VP, has a minority, and female on the ticket?

That’s a lot of minority and female votes along with some “I think Trump’s an idiot but Bernie is too liberal” white votes.

In states like PA, WI, MI, NC, VA, OH...lot of them floating around.

Yeah I disagree there. Biden + a black, female VP hits a lot of check marks. Biden is moderate, was Obama’s VP, has a minority, and female on the ticket?

That’s a lot of minority and female votes along with some “I think Trump’s an idiot but Bernie is too liberal” white votes.

In states like PA, WI, MI, NC, VA, OH...lot of them floating around.
We've both agreed that the economy is key in this election. Why does a black female, who is mostly a figurehead, make the economy matter less?

We've both agreed that the economy is key in this election. Why does a black female, who is mostly a figurehead, make the economy matter less?

Oh I’d still be shocked if Trump loses barring the economy tanking, we are still in agreement there.

My argument is Biden + female, black VP makes it the closest race of any Dem possibilities.

If Bernie gets a majority of delegates there’s nothing the DNC can do about it. The more people who drop out the more likely that becomes.

You would think that's how it would work, but I've seen it described (on 538) that isn't actually the case. Don't know all the specifics, but it has to do with the states that require a 15% threshold to win delegates. So something like a 35% Sanders, 20% Biden, 14% Buttigieg, 13% Warren, 13% Bloomberg, 5% Klobuchar or whatever, would only give delegates to Sanders and Biden, but a 40% Sanders, 25% Biden, 20% Bloomberg, 15% Warren would give all 4 of them delegates and thus make getting a majority of delegates more difficult for Bernie (or anyone for that matter).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT