ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Against threats and for safety? Yes, that is a basic government function and the primary reason for its existence.
We don’t go to China and we don’t allow Chinamen into our country. I just solved it for you. I’ll let you know where to send the check.

Sounds about like the odds that trump was getting...

s-9fe347738a5aa747155f2fdcf61ed1152ece9955.gif

No, the stupid^^^^ believe in globalism and whine like little bitches when an outbreak occurs.

Right, blame globalism when people can fly literally anywhere in less than 24 hours around the world. Or the fact that this disease is so contagious some people may not have symptoms and still pass it on to multiple people.

The world is more interconnected than ever and this is a problem the world has to deal with. I suggest you be the one to stop bitching about that fact.

Right, blame globalism when people can fly literally anywhere in less than 24 hours around the world. Or the fact that this disease is so contagious some people may not have symptoms and still pass it on to multiple people.

The world is more interconnected than ever and this is a problem the world has to deal with. I suggest you be the one to stop bitching about that fact.
With today’s technology we can literally talk to anyone anywhere in the world at any time through our device. Now you explain to me why people from over there need to keep coming here and vise versa. So feel free to fly anywhere at anytime and pick up any disease you like.

With today’s technology we can literally talk to anyone anywhere in the world at any time through our device. Now you explain to me why people from over there need to keep coming here and vise versa. So feel free to fly anywhere at anytime and pick up any disease you like.

Doing business with someone through a device vs. in person is extremely different. I don't know what you do for a living but as someone who has done business both ways, there is no comparison to meeting someone face to face.

"Don't fly" is an extremely short-sided approach to counteracting disease.

Because people want to take vacations? Business trips? People also have relatives in other countries. Our citizens also work for the government in diplomatic efforts.

It’s really not that hard if you think about it.

At what point do you stop sending kids to school? Children will be more susceptible because their immune systems aren’t fully developed. And they generally are terrible with hygiene. If it is infectious before it becomes symptomatic then a lot of kids are going to pass the virus around, then it gets taken home to parents who in turn take it to work.

At what point do you stop sending kids to school? Children will be more susceptible because their immune systems aren’t fully developed. And they generally are terrible with hygiene. If it is infectious before it becomes symptomatic then a lot of kids are going to pass the virus around, then it gets taken home to parents who in turn take it to work.

I read that Japanese schools have been closed for a month and will be closed for at least another two months. It'll be interesting to see if that idea picks up steam in the US. It's tough because if you're right, you might never know because you can't really prove that kids would have gotten it without the closures, but if you wait until you see a bunch of kids have the virus, it's too late for closures to do much and you're fvcked.

Because if you don’t take the time to go get one, you will not be able to fly, even domestically. Many people don’t know about it and certainly don’t know what’s required to get one. It’s a major hassle from what I understand. Many will forgo it. Thus, less people flying.

I don’t fly but 1 or 2 times a year so it’s not a huge deal to me. I’ll get the ID but I hope it deters others. Air travel these days is like riding a Greyhound bus. I’d be thrilled to cut in half the number of people flying, or at least when I have to.
I agree,. I'm old enough to remember when flying was a real treat, boy not anymore! I haven't got my gold star ID yet but I understand you will still be able to fly if you have a passport but that will be a pain hauling around your passport here in the US.

I agree,. I'm old enough to remember when flying was a real treat, boy not anymore! I haven't got my gold star ID yet but I understand you will still be able to fly if you have a passport but that will be a pain hauling around your passport here in the US.

Just get TSA precheck. If you have that and your screening is up to date I think you're fine.

I have TSA, Global Entry, and CLEAR. I don't even have to show ID at the airport.

I read that Japanese schools have been closed for a month and will be closed for at least another two months. It'll be interesting to see if that idea picks up steam in the US. It's tough because if you're right, you might never know because you can't really prove that kids would have gotten it without the closures, but if you wait until you see a bunch of kids have the virus, it's too late for closures to do much and you're fvcked.

Exactly. Personally I think we should error on the side of caution. Catching kids up on missed studies sounds a lot better than consoling grieving parents.

Most kids already need internet access to get through their homework. Just let them learn at home for a few months.

Reactions: cletusnow
Because people want to take vacations? Business trips? People also have relatives in other countries. Our citizens also work for the government in diplomatic efforts.

It’s really not that hard if you think about it.
Fair enough. So accept the risks and stop your bitching.

Just get TSA precheck. If you have that and your screening is up to date I think you're fine.

I have TSA, Global Entry, and CLEAR. I don't even have to show ID at the airport.
You'll will still have to have the new ID or a passport.....

Fair enough. So accept the risks and stop your bitching.

Lol what are you talking about? You're the one blaming the ills of globalization on the spread of this virus and "people coming into this country". You can't have it both ways. Our own citizens were the ones who brought it back here, not 'chinamen'.

Lol what are you talking about? You're the one blaming the ills of globalization on the spread of this virus and "people coming into this country". You can't have it both ways. Our own citizens were the ones who brought it back here, not 'chinamen'.
Also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

Reactions: uncboy10
Because if you don’t take the time to go get one, you will not be able to fly, even domestically. Many people don’t know about it and certainly don’t know what’s required to get one. It’s a major hassle from what I understand. Many will forgo it. Thus, less people flying.
It's not a major hassle at all. Pretty much all state issued IDs work if you've gotten one in the past few years. I was able to order one online.

I'd be shocked if Trump doesn't win VA this time. Governor Blackface is doing everything he can to ruin the Dems' chances here. People in VA are losing their minds with the radical left policies that our Gov and GA are behind.

How’s that VA economy been doing the last few years under Democratic leadership? Afterglow, we vote with our checkbooks...

Big pharma getting close to treatment getting FDA approval. You know, the big pharma companies that Bernie thinks are the devil. Took them 30 days of innovation for a drug that will potentially nip this thing right away. Who knows how many lives this will save.

But yeah, these guys are evil.

I’m torn on BigPharma. I know they are out ahead on the vaccine because supposedly there is a lot of similarities to SARS. But at the same time, CV is having a material effect on the markets which is literally lowering their market caps. It’s in their best interests to get this under control ASAP so they can go back to pumping out dick pills.

Reactions: strummingram
I’m torn on BigPharma. I know they are out ahead on the vaccine because supposedly there is a lot of similarities to SARS. But at the same time, CV is having a material effect on the markets which is literally lowering their market caps. It’s in their best interests to get this under control ASAP so they can go back to pumping out dick pills.

My best friends are all pharmacists (like literally, 90% of them). They work for both Novartis and smaller companies. They said the main issue with the Corona vaccine is Moderna has to go through an insane amount of testing/government regulations before it can even get out to healthy people. April is the earliest they can start testing. Trust me, they are moving fast, but the government is not.

That said, I agree we need regulation and testing in place. However, you'd like to see this expedited but fast and government don't really go together.

My dental hygienist, who is way hotter than you, said that she had to make multiple trips to the DMV because they kept requesting more info. She said she had to have birth certificate, SS card, a utility bill to show proof of residence and maybe even a marriage license.
Well, that means one of two things are happening. Either your tooth girl doesn't understand the process or VA is being way more complicated than other states. That being said, everyone should have those documents in their house in an easy to find location. Maybe by hassle you meant leave the house?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT