ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Wow there is so much room here inside your head. I may put in a pool table. Or corn hole.

While pondering that, you might be asking yourself just how many people died in the great Indiana HIV Epidemic which primarily affected IV drug users. Take a guess how many.

Was it 1 million people? No, not that many. How about 10,000? No, still a bit high. 1000? Lower.

215. 215 intravenous drug users contracted HIV and died, which started before Pence was even elected.

Terrible guy, that Mike Pence. I can see why you and AOC are so scared.

While pondering that, you might be asking yourself just how many people died in the great Indiana HIV Epidemic which primarily affected IV drug users. Take a guess how many.

Was it 1 million people? No, not that many. How about 10,000? No, still a bit high. 1000? Lower.

215. 215 intravenous drug users contracted HIV and died, which started before Pence was even elected.

Terrible guy, that Mike Pence. I can see why you and AOC are so scared.

Over there I’ll put the bowling alley

Over there I’ll put the bowling alley

Please make sure it has a clean room and all biohazard PPE available. I want to be prepared for when you and AOC come to visit and I don't want either of you to be any more hysterical than usual.

Maybe Sanders could have prevented coronavirus from ever happening...
I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.

This is going to get worse... much worse. Months of media feeding a panic. The ramifications are not yet known. But, Trump isn't a good leader when things are going bad. He has no patience. He measures his presidency by the stock market. This virus scare is not something that he's prepared to handle. He's a reality tv show personality. He backed into this role to get even with Obama's insult. He can work a crowd that loves him, but he cannot lead the country.

Reactions: uncboy10
Maybe Sanders could have prevented coronavirus from ever happening...
@strummingram isn't wrong though. The average voter isn't smart enough to understand what's happening. If we go into a recession, then it will be tougher for Trump. His saving grace will probably be that dems are dumb enough to nominate Bernie, assuming that happens.

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.

This is going to get worse... much worse. Months of media feeding a panic. The ramifications are not yet known. But, Trump isn't a good leader when things are going bad. He has no patience. He measures his presidency by the stock market. This virus scare is not something that he's prepared to handle. He's a reality tv show personality. He backed into this role to get even with Obama's insult. He can work a crowd that loves him, but he cannot lead the country.

His administration’s handling of this outbreak has been lacking to say the least. Only 40 of our labs have the capacity to test for this virus, a woman in California was misdiagnosed and went about her business for a week before being quarantined, and now apparently CDC staff weren’t wearing proper safety gear when interacting with citizens being brought back here who had the virus. And we don’t have enough masks for hospitals around the country.

@strummingram isn't wrong though. The average voter isn't smart enough to understand what's happening. If we go into a recession, then it will be tougher for Trump. His saving grace will probably be that dems are dumb enough to nominate Bernie, assuming that happens.
Very true. Perception is everything. If people believe another administration could have done better with it, that's all that matters, right or wrong.

Exhibit A:
His administration’s handling of this outbreak has been lacking to say the least. Only 40 of our labs have the capacity to test for this virus, a woman in California was misdiagnosed and went about her business for a week before being quarantined, and now apparently CDC staff weren’t wearing proper safety gear when interacting with citizens being brought back here who had the virus. And we don’t have enough masks for hospitals around the country.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's not the Bubonic plague. We're not gonna be stacking up bodies like cordwood. It's not 1918. But, the impact on our daily lives is possibly going to be serious. I don't know. We're a globally connected network. Industries will need supplies from... China! We may experience school and business closings, temporarily.

This would be a huge test for the best qualified people in government. This is a situation that we actually NEED the government to be on point. I believe Trump is in way over his head here and it's going to show if the conditions really turn out bad.

Dude, I don’t care if it was Trump, Obama, or whoever else. Our government should have been preparing for this as soon as it became serious in China. We didn’t.
You're acting like this has been going on for years and we are just now doing something about it. You can't just have everything perfect in a few days. I think we are doing about as good as we can do, certainly better than some other countries. There is already a vaccine being tested.

Reactions: nctransplant
You're acting like this has been going on for years and we are just now doing something about it. You can't just have everything perfect in a few days. I think we are doing about as good as we can do, certainly better than some other countries. There is already a vaccine being tested.

This came out of nowhere. It’s not necessarily anyone’s fault this virus is disrupting world commerce. Anyone who thinks Trump shoulders that responsibility is stupid.

I just think some of the current actions being taken should have happened in late December or early January. That’s all.

A coronavirus is literally man made. This bug was created in a lab, somewhere, apparently. You'd think that an antivirus would be available pretty quickly.

A coronavirus is literally man made. This bug was created in a lab, somewhere, apparently. You'd think that an antivirus would be available pretty quickly.
According to @Raising Heel it wasn't man made. I think he provided some info about that in the beer thread. I haven't really been following the origin story closely, so I'm not sure exactly how it started. I could easily see this being some kind of biological weapon that was being developed though. I don't think that would be too crazy of a conspiracy.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's not the Bubonic plague. We're not gonna be stacking up bodies like cordwood. It's not 1918. But, the impact on our daily lives is possibly going to be serious. I don't know. We're a globally connected network. Industries will need supplies from... China! We may experience school and business closings, temporarily.

This would be a huge test for the best qualified people in government. This is a situation that we actually NEED the government to be on point. I believe Trump is in way over his head here and it's going to show if the conditions really turn out bad.
And if things turn out better than expected? I know, just Trump's dumb luck.

According to @Raising Heel it wasn't man made. I think he provided some info about that in the beer thread. I haven't really been following the origin story closely, so I'm not sure exactly how it started. I could easily see this being some kind of biological weapon that was being developed though. I don't think that would be too crazy of a conspiracy.
Tom Cotten thinks it's a possibility.

Yesterday, I heard a "tap-tap" on the front door. It was a Bernie supporter canvassing here in the ultra-blood-red Golden Corner of SC. And... he was a she. It took me about 5 or 10 seconds to confirm, and when I said "Thank you, ma'am", at the end, SHE said "thank you for saying that."

tenor.gif

Reactions: tarheel0910
Dude, I don’t care if it was Trump, Obama, or whoever else. Our government should have been preparing for this as soon as it became serious in China. We didn’t.
You’re fault for expecting the government to take care of you. Good luck with all that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT