ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

it's a shame you can't step back from your mindlessness and see how stupid this remark is. The truly soft-headed have been swept up in a wave of how we must be 'doing things' for black people, never letting that thought escape us even for a moment; while the sane understand that the key to equality is allowing black (and white and red and green) people to do things for themselves. In that respect, Trump has done as much as anyone, and more than most, for black people......as if that has to do with anything anyway.

This is about an exchange of respect (or lack thereof) between politicians, and the color has nothing to do with it. Dumbasses like you automatically make it about race according to your indoctrination, and make it against Trump in knee jerk fashion as well. Those capable of thoughtful consideration see that Lewis got at least the same level of respect from Trump that he gave Trump, and probably more. I'd say it's a wash, and just another molehill being made into a mountain by the media-led lemmings.
giphy.gif

Thank you! lol
I was just mocking you to see if you would offer-up one of your scripted responses where you basically jack-off for a few paragraphs. Voila!

By the way, Trump was the one who insisted he has helped the blacks more than anyone else. I didn't "make it about race"... I just reiterated his dubious claim as bait and you swallowed.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Black Americans have a bit of a conundrum in November. Do they vote for the guy who has apparently done more for Black Americans than anyone? If they do - then they "ain't black" according to Joe Biden.
I hope it's not that broad, or simplified. Maybe I'm being too much of an idealist to believe that there are black people who vote based on certain issues... not just the illusion that one of these white guys will do more for black people than the other. I think that there are a lot of black people who will vote for Biden. I even think there are a lot of "conservatives" that prefer Biden to Trump's bullshit blustering and pretending to play a president on TV.

giphy.gif

Thank you! lol
I was just mocking you to see if you would offer-up one of your scripted responses where you basically jack-off for a few paragraphs. Voila!

By the way, Trump was the one who insisted he has helped the blacks more than anyone else. I didn't "make it about race"... I just reiterated his dubious claim as bait and you swallowed.

3yp0.gif

I guess you were anticipating getting that massive facial so much that you failed to realize that 'reiterating Trumps dubious claim' had nothing to do with what was being commented on. It wasn't being discussed until you introduced it, Ricky Retardo, so yes you made it about race like the brainwashed stooge that you are.

I hope it's not that broad, or simplified. Maybe I'm being too much of an idealist to believe that there are black people who vote based on certain issues...

I also hope it's not that simplified. When I kept hearing "so and so will get the Black vote" in the Dem primary I thought that was incredibly insulting. Why do they think the whole race votes as one?

3yp0.gif

I guess you were anticipating getting that massive facial so much that you failed to realize that 'reiterating Trumps dubious claim' had nothing to do with what was being commented on. It wasn't being discussed until you introduced it, Ricky Retardo, so yes you made it about race like the brainwashed stooge that you are.
Ricky Retardo... man, that is clever as fvck!

And, I definitely failed to realize what was being commented on, or whatever you were saying.

I hope it's not that broad, or simplified. Maybe I'm being too much of an idealist to believe that there are black people who vote based on certain issues... not just the illusion that one of these white guys will do more for black people than the other. I think that there are a lot of black people who will vote for Biden. I even think there are a lot of "conservatives" that prefer Biden to Trump's bullshit blustering and pretending to play a president on TV.
put all the black people who will vote for Biden just because he's the dem on one side, and all the conservatives who will vote for Biden for ANY reason on the other side. If you haven't already gotten the point, then the term 'idealist' must be synonymous with 'hopelessly naive'. Maybe you should experience the real world a little more.

put all the black people who will vote for Biden just because he's the dem on one side, and all the conservatives who will vote for Biden for ANY reason on the other side. If you haven't already gotten the point, then the term 'idealist' must be synonymous with 'hopelessly naive'. Maybe you should experience the real world a little more.
That show sucked.

Hey Mark and Jeff...you guys have worked your absolute asses off building companies that employ hundreds of thousands of Americans. You are responsible for trillions into the economy and are 21st century examples of American intelligence, desire, and accomplishment.

For that, we're going to take $65 billion dollars from you and give part of it to some guy who dropped out of community college because he didn't want to study for his sociology 101 exam and now works at KFC.

Say whatever you will about Trump, nothing he has done in 4 years is more un-American than what Bernie is proposing.

Hey Mark and Jeff...you guys have worked your absolute asses off building companies that employ hundreds of thousands of Americans. You are responsible for trillions into the economy and are 21st century examples of American intelligence, desire, and accomplishment.

For that, we're going to take $65 billion dollars from you and give part of it to some guy who dropped out of community college because he didn't want to study for his sociology 101 exam and now works at KFC.

Say whatever you will about Trump, nothing he has done in 4 years is more un-American than what Bernie is proposing.

I’m no fan of Bernie but I don’t extol the virtues of guys like Jeff Bezos either. He pays his employees shit and to work at one of those warehouses is not a job anyone should want.

We celebrate excess wealth in this country far too much while millions still struggle to make ends meet. So while I don’t endorse this particular plan this virus has definitely exposed just how vulnerable a good portion of American society is.

I’m no fan of Bernie but I don’t extol the virtues of guys like Jeff Bezos either. He pays his employees shit and to work at one of those warehouses is not a job anyone should want.

We celebrate excess wealth in this country far too much while millions still struggle to make ends meet. So while I don’t endorse this particular plan this virus has definitely exposed just how vulnerable a good portion of American society is.

Excess of wealth? Dude they made their own wealth. They have wealth because they built something that is valuable to people and they earned every freaking penny.

Wealth is bad in this country? Oh as opposed to England/France/Spain where wealth comes from families of 15th century freaking monarchs/dukes/lords who oppressed their entire population. How about the families of the executives of BMW and Mercedes in Germany? Nazi wealth is better? How about in the Middle East where wealth is determined by if you sold out your people and drilled oil for Western countries? How about in Asia? Don't hear you complaining about the population slaving away in rice paddies while Chinese billionaires gamble in Macau.

Zukerberg and Bezos are examples of earning your wealth. America gives you the opportunity to do that. Taking it away from them would be treason according to Alexander Hamilton, the father of our economic system.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/03/2017-top-charitable-donations/1000242001/

Look at these disgusting people with their disgusting wealth donating all that money to charity. Despicable people I tell ya.

AOC must be punching herself in the horseface that she didn't think of something this dumb.

please explain how NOT striving to become wealthy will help the struggling millions you speak of.

But I agree about the heinous working conditions those warehouse workers are subjected to. The real crime is how they are made to become addicted to drugs and then held at gunpoint in order to keep them toiling away. If only this was America where people aren't forced into servitude against their will. They could choose to accept such employment or not. Oh, wait, this IS America, where the truly idiotic complain about having free choice.

Excess of wealth? Dude they made their own wealth. They have wealth because they built something that is valuable to people and they earned every freaking penny.

Wealth is bad in this country? Oh as opposed to England/France/Spain where wealth comes from families of 15th century freaking monarchs/dukes/lords who oppressed their entire population. How about the families of the executives of BMW and Mercedes in Germany? Nazi wealth is better? How about in the Middle East where wealth is determined by if you sold out your people and drilled oil for Western countries? How about in Asia? Don't hear you complaining about the population slaving away in rice paddies while Chinese billionaires gamble in Macau.

Zukerberg and Bezos are examples of earning your wealth. America gives you the opportunity to do that. Taking it away from them would be treason according to Alexander Hamilton, the father of our economic system.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/03/2017-top-charitable-donations/1000242001/

Look at these disgusting people with their disgusting wealth donating all that money to charity. Despicable people I tell ya.

I didn't say wealth is bad, come on man you know me better than that. And don't use examples of other countries past or present. We're talking about our country and the situation right now. And yes, what we have now is far better than 15th century Europe or modern day Asia. By the same token the Gilded Age was a thing. You do not want to have a Gilded Age 2.0 with another group of JP Morgans, Rockefeller's, etc. which is where we are headed to.

So no, I don't think billionaires are horrible people that hoard wealth unlike the Bernie types. However, to me there is a severe lack of balance economically right now. You don't need millions or billions of dollars to be comfortable and that's fine. But too many people don't even have the ability or resources for the bare minimum to be comfortable. That's where my concern is.

Winners and losers in our economy will always exist, I don't think it's possible for literally everyone to make it. However, you also don't want too much in the hands of too few, especially wealth.

AOC must be punching herself in the horseface that she didn't think of something this dumb.

please explain how NOT striving to become wealthy will help the struggling millions you speak of.

But I agree about the heinous working conditions those warehouse workers are subjected to. The real crime is how they are made to become addicted to drugs and then held at gunpoint in order to keep them toiling away. If only this was America where people aren't forced into servitude against their will. They could choose to accept such employment or not. Oh, wait, this IS America, where the truly idiotic complain about having free choice.

I'm going to have a rational conversation that does not involve you nearly blowing a gasket. Watch your blood pressure there bub.

I didn't say wealth is bad, come on man you know me better than that. And don't use examples of other countries past or present. We're talking about our country and the situation right now. And yes, what we have now is far better than 15th century Europe or modern day Asia. By the same token the Gilded Age was a thing. You do not want to have a Gilded Age 2.0 with another group of JP Morgans, Rockefeller's, etc. which is where we are headed to.

You said excess of wealth. My argument is who the hell cares because they earned that wealth because they provide a valuable product/service to the community. Unlike those who have inherited wealth from 15th century monarchs. I was talking about present day. Those families and the families of BMW/Mercedes still have that wealth. They didn't earn it. Bezos and Zuck earned their money.

Also, I have no problem with Morgan, Rockefeller, etc. These guys helped build the largest economy in history that we enjoy the fruits of. Even the poor. Being poor in America is 1000x better than being poor in 99% of the world.

Oh and do you know how many millions Morgan, Rockefeller, Carnegie, etc. employed back then and how many families now live well because their grandparents were given a job by one of these billionaires. It's called generational advancement and that's how you improve poverty.

So no, I don't think billionaires are horrible people that hoard wealth unlike the Bernie types. However, to me there is a severe lack of balance economically right now. You don't need millions or billions of dollars to be comfortable and that's fine. But too many people don't even have the ability or resources for the bare minimum to be comfortable. That's where my concern is.

Winners and losers in our economy will always exist, I don't think it's possible for literally everyone to make it. However, you also don't want too much in the hands of too few, especially wealth.

Why don't people have the ability or resources? 99% of the time it's their own doing. Someone didn't work hard enough, someone didn't make the right decision.

Want to know how to keep poor people poor? Give them money.

Want to know how to help them? Incentivize them to work harder. If you give a guy working at KFC free things he's not going to want to improve his own life which will then improve his kid's life.

Taking $60 billion from Bezos and Zuck stifles our economy, rewards failure, and actually hurts the poor population.

Giving someone a participation trophy because they were born in the same country as Bezos and Zuck makes no sense.

You said excess of wealth. My argument is who the hell cares because they earned that wealth because they provide a valuable product/service to the community. Unlike those who have inherited wealth from 15th century monarchs. I was talking about present day. Those families and the families of BMW/Mercedes still have that wealth. They didn't earn it. Bezos and Zuck earned their money.

Also, I have no problem with Morgan, Rockefeller, etc. These guys helped build the largest economy in history that we enjoy the fruits of. Even the poor. Being poor in America is 1000x better than being poor in 99% of the world.

Oh and do you know how many millions Morgan, Rockefeller, Carnegie, etc. employed back then and how many families now live well because their grandparents were given a job by one of these billionaires. It's called generational advancement and that's how you improve poverty.

Why don't people have the ability or resources? 99% of the time it's their own doing. Someone didn't work hard enough, someone didn't make the right decision.

Want to know how to keep poor people poor? Give them money.

Want to know how to help them? Incentivize them to work harder. If you give a guy working at KFC free things he's not going to want to improve his own life which will then improve his kid's life.

Taking $60 billion from Bezos and Zuck stifles our economy, rewards failure, and actually hurts the poor population.

Giving someone a participation trophy because they were born in the same country as Bezos and Zuck makes no sense.

Who said anything about giving poor people money? You're completely taking my words out of context.

The Morgans, Rockefellers, and Carnegies of the world were only half the battle. They weren't interested in advancing human progress as a part of an altruistic campaign. You think they gave a shit about the poor schmuck down a coal mine in Appalachia or the Italian family living in a packed apartment in New York City? It was also labor laws, child labor laws, establishment of benefits, health standards for meat, protections from gross exploitation that pushed this country to become the most powerful economy in the world.

That you think I'm advocating for a participation trophy is an example of how the mindset needs to change. There is a growing gap between rich and poor and that is NOT a good thing. There are millions of people who work hard in this country every day and are no closer to getting ahead in life than they were yesterday and it's not due to a lack of worth ethic. And while there are many who **** up their own lives individually, there's a broad consensus among too many that anyone who's poor must not be smart enough to get out of it or too lazy. That is completely false.

It's a multi faceted issue that can't simply be explained by one or two talking points to be sure, but I look at our nation today in comparison with how our population lives compared to our fellow first world contemporaries, and I think we are behind in a few areas.

Reactions: uncboy10
There is a growing gap between rich and poor and that is NOT a good thing. There are millions of people who work hard in this country every day and are no closer to getting ahead in life than they were yesterday and it's not due to a lack of worth ethic.

Ok, so you're implying that working hard entitles you to getting ahead in life (which I don't necessarily agree is the case - as I could work incredibly hard on something that is of zero use to anyone else or society, and at that point wouldn't be entitled to anything, IMO).

But even granting that as true, how do you recommend we fix it?

Who said anything about giving poor people money? You're completely taking my words out of context.

The Morgans, Rockefellers, and Carnegies of the world were only half the battle. They weren't interested in advancing human progress as a part of an altruistic campaign. You think they gave a shit about the poor schmuck down a coal mine in Appalachia or the Italian family living in a packed apartment in New York City? It was also labor laws, child labor laws, establishment of benefits, health standards for meat, protections from gross exploitation that pushed this country to become the most powerful economy in the world.

That you think I'm advocating for a participation trophy is an example of how the mindset needs to change. There is a growing gap between rich and poor and that is NOT a good thing. There are millions of people who work hard in this country every day and are no closer to getting ahead in life than they were yesterday and it's not due to a lack of worth ethic. And while there are many who **** up their own lives individually, there's a broad consensus among too many that anyone who's poor must not be smart enough to get out of it or too lazy. That is completely false.

It's a multi faceted issue that can't simply be explained by one or two talking points to be sure, but I look at our nation today in comparison with how our population lives compared to our fellow first world contemporaries, and I think we are behind in a few areas.

Taking 60 billion away from Zuck and Bezos solves nothing. It only creates more problems.

Bernie says this will pay healthcare for 1 year. What happens after that year? Do we find more billionaires? Guess what, there aren't that many despite what Bernie says.

I respect your thoughts and I know you're rational. We just disagree here, doubt we'll convince each other one way or the other.

My final summary is just simply if you want to fix poverty you need to empower people to strive for better, not make them temporarily more comfortable in poverty.

Taking 60 billion away from Zuck and Bezos solves nothing. It only creates more problems.

Bernie says this will pay healthcare for 1 year. What happens after that year? Do we find more billionaires? Guess what, there aren't that many despite what Bernie says.

I respect your thoughts and I know you're rational. We just disagree here, doubt we'll convince each other one way or the other.

My final summary is just simply if you want to fix poverty you need to empower people to strive for better, not make them temporarily more comfortable in poverty.

My point was not an endorsement of Bernie's plan. He's as short sighted as any other politician.

I respect your views as well, you know that. My final thought would be the same. We do need to empower people to strive for better as opposed to accepting poverty, by the same token there are varying degrees of agency even in first world democracies such as ours. Economically, too many are trapped with very limited options. Just my opinion.

Reactions: dadika13
Ok, so you're implying that working hard entitles you to getting ahead in life (which I don't necessarily agree is the case - as I could work incredibly hard on something that is of zero use to anyone else or society, and at that point wouldn't be entitled to anything, IMO).

But even granting that as true, how do you recommend we fix it?

I do agree we should have some form of universal health care. That would be step one. I would also make community colleges free, but not four year universities. Then I would establish or encourage the idea of trade schools/apprenticeships for technical jobs like carpentry, plumbing, engineering, electricians, etc. which have great demand but a shortage of people doing them. Also establish mandatory maternity leave with an option for the father to take time off as well. Lastly, a comprehensive push for a landmark infrastructure improvement program, which I know Trump has pushed for and I hope gets passed at some point.

Broad concepts of course, but just a few ideas. I do not support reparations for 'marginalized groups'.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I do agree we should have some form of universal health care. That would be step one. I would also make community colleges free, but not four year universities. Then I would establish or encourage the idea of trade schools/apprenticeships for technical jobs like carpentry, plumbing, engineering, electricians, etc. which have great demand but a shortage of people doing them. Also establish mandatory maternity leave with an option for the father to take time off as well. Lastly, a comprehensive push for a landmark infrastructure improvement program, which I know Trump has pushed for and I hope gets passed at some point.

Broad concepts of course, but just a few ideas. I do not support reparations for 'marginalized groups'.
Some of those are reasonable, but you know that it will result in lower pay and/or higher taxes right?

I'm going to have a rational conversation that does not involve you nearly blowing a gasket. Watch your blood pressure there bub.
I learned long ago that when one has no answer to a simple, straightforward question regarding some silliness that he has spewed, the questioner is apparently in great danger of blowing a gasket...and no answer is forthcoming. Funny how that works.

Well, I'm in reality no where near blowing a gasket or having a raised blood pressure. So how about a rational answer to my question. Bet you don't have one.

Bezos, Zuck, Musk, they don’t even flinch at this talk of a wealth tax. Even if enacted, they would never pay it. They have an army of tax attorneys and accountants that will find a way to avoid the tax, that’s a guarantee. So long as there’s a Switzerland they can get away from it. Wouldn’t surprise me if they come out and endorse it.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't say everyone will be poor. You're smart enough to know how this works. Government never gives anything away for free and employers pass their costs on.

Yes obviously a lot of this will cost something and will require higher taxes. But I don’t that means that everyone becomes poorer all of a sudden.

Interesting move by Trump to sign the EOs. Democrats are kinda stuck in a bad position on this one. It wouldn't really be smart for them to take Trump to court to take away money from struggling voters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT