ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

xswCtZb.png
If your grandma not going to take it down I will cancel my prescription either today or tomorrow you can guarantee on it you can kiss my ass with the rest of it

This guy is definitely my favorite poaster on this whole site. 14 messages in 5 1/2 years, saves his thoughts for the hard hitting stuff.
I literally LOL at his post. What odds are we going to give that @BillyL will take it down? Maybe @heelbent should send William a private message and let him know he's violating board decorum.

She probably got sucked up into that whole "q-anon" child trafficking conspiracy theory. Probably still thinks the democrats are selling children out of a pizza parlor and that Trump was sent by god to stop this evil ring of cannibalistic, child raping, deep state democrats.

She's smoking the good stuff.
And, that little kid with the braces? "Coronavirus is no worse than the flu..."

"Cancel my prescription to the Resurrection! Send my potentials to the House of Detention!"

The outtake version of "If The Music's Over", by The Deers

And, that little kid with the braces? "Coronavirus is no worse than the flu..."

Oh the irony. His parents put braces on him cause a health care professional recommended it. They’re cumbersome, unsightly, painful, with no immediate or even short term indication they work. But put a mask on??!!!!!.....oh hell no!!!!! Lol. Idiots

You’re in no way responsible for an idiot right winger on this board saying he wishes protesters would die a slow painful death. Just like I’m in no way shape or form responsible for idiots trying to block the entrance to hospital, or ambushing cops.

I would encourage you to step back and try to stop associating the entire protest and message with a few idiots. That association has been engineered into your brain by social media. It fuels outrage which fuels traffic. We’ve got to stop this.
Funny thing about your poast, this board is the limit of my social media. I do not watch the news media either. Some people still think for themselves. Obviously, the entire protest feels the same as the idiots doing the crime, or they would have responded to those impeeding an ambulance. There are idiots on both sides. But the reaction to such news is hypocritical to say the least.

Funny thing about your poast, this board is the limit of my social media. I do not watch the news media either. Some people still think for themselves. Obviously, the entire protest feels the same as the idiots doing the crime, or they would have responded to those impeeding an ambulance. There are idiots on both sides. But the reaction to such news is hypocritical to say the least.

Nobody is ever satisfied with the other side condemning their own idiots. Did the right wingers line up here to condemn Dylann Roof or James Fields? Probably not. None of us, regardless of politics feel like we're associated with the idiots, so why should we have to apologize for them or condemn their actions? Yet we're quick to associate the idiots with a broader movement, as long as it's not our own movement.

I think we should focus on the message and not the people pushing it. Abuse of authority is still a problem in American policing, regardless of who decides to champion the cause. Sadly many people on the left have swapped one form of tribalism for another. The most primitive aspects of our nature always seem to win out in the end. Some people make generalizations about how all black people are bad, some people make generalizations about how 'all cops are bastards.' They're both wrong. That problem is rooted in our subconscious psychology, we all are inclined to pick a team (tribe) and distrust or hate anyone outside of our group. It's just the way that we evolved. And we clearly haven't figured out how to correct for that problem.

To the social media point, I shouldn't have oversimplified to just SM. It's also the news, and pretty much the entire internet. We can't even agree on basic facts anymore because there's always a source that will be more than happy to tell you what you want to hear. As a result you get radicalized people like those outside the hospital, or the shooters. Or you get Dylann Roof, or a bunch of alt-right morons chanting "the Jews will not replace us."

Let's just get weed legalized already so America can chill the f*ck out.

Last edited:
Reactions: strummingram
Oh the irony. His parents put braces on him cause a health care professional recommended it. They’re cumbersome, unsightly, painful, with no immediate or even short term indication they work. But put a mask on??!!!!!.....oh hell no!!!!! Lol. Idiots
I wish my parents had done the same for me, but they were convinced that the Dental Industrial Complex was trying to sell them a bill of goods, and my teeth are jacked-up now!

Reactions: heelmanwilm
What happened to Billy's return?

Nobody is ever satisfied with the other side condemning their own idiots. Did the right wingers line up here to condemn Dylann Roof or James Fields? Probably not. None of us, regardless of politics feel like we're associated with the idiots, so why should we have to apologize for them or condemn their actions? Yet we're quick to associate the idiots with a broader movement, as long as it's not our own movement.

I think we should focus on the message and not the people pushing it. Abuse of authority is still a problem in American policing, regardless of who decides to champion the cause. Sadly many people on the left have swapped one form of tribalism for another. The most primitive aspects of our nature always seem to win out in the end. Some people make generalizations about how all black people are bad, some people make generalizations about how 'all cops are bastards.' They're both wrong. That problem is rooted in our subconscious psychology, we all are inclined to pick a team (tribe) and distrust or hate anyone outside of our group. It's just the way that we evolved. And we clearly haven't figured out how to correct for that problem.

To the social media point, I shouldn't have oversimplified to just SM. It's also the news, and pretty much the entire internet. We can't even agree on basic facts anymore because there's always a source that will be more than happy to tell you what you want to hear. As a result you get radicalized people like those outside the hospital, or the shooters. Or you get Dylann Roof, or a bunch of alt-right morons chanting "the Jews will not replace us."

Let's just get weed legalized already so America can chill the f*ck out.
"Sadly many people on the left have swapped one form of tribalism for another. The most primitive aspects of our nature always seem to win out in the end. Some people make generalizations about how all black people are bad, some people make generalizations about how 'all cops are bastards.' They're both wrong. That problem is rooted in our subconscious psychology, we all are inclined to pick a team (tribe) and distrust or hate anyone outside of our group. It's just the way that we evolved. And we clearly haven't figured out how to correct for that problem."

you could start by refusing to construct dubious, ill-disguised apologies for the behavior of your comrades.

BTW, there are no 'primitive' aspects of our nature relative to other aspects. All of our tendencies are derived from having less than absolute knowledge and intelligence, along with a motivation to survive and procreate. We are what we are and we'll feel the way we feel...but we can discourage behavior that affects others negatively, by simply enforcing sternly the rules that we have already put in place for just that purpose. Or we can keep calling lawbreaking thugs and hooligans 'protesters' when they are on our side of the divide.

Which makes me want to know what you had to say when Trump was being raked over the coals for not reiterating his disapproval of 'white supremacy' when the supremacists were trying to peacably demonstrate in Virginia. Did you refuse to associate him with white supremacists as your post indicates you should have? Did you post a similar post in his defense? And did you point out that there were also bad apples on the left side of things when Dylan Roof committed that obscenity? I'll accept your answer in advance as an honest one.

Trump prepared to take a victory lap when it's cooler in November than it was in September.

That's no more ignorant than climate alarmists claiming that forest fires are because of man made climate change. Or that the heat in August is a sign of man made climate change. Or that strong hurricanes indicate man made climate change.

That's no more ignorant than climate alarmists claiming that forest fires are because of man made climate change. Or that the heat in August is a sign of man made climate change. Or that strong hurricanes indicate man made climate change.

Yep, all those pesky scientists and their thousands of hours of research with all of that data and facts. Bunch of ignorant know-it-alls.

Now, those anti-maskers at the rally in Utah, now we're talking about sheer brilliance.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Yep, all those pesky scientists and their thousands of hours of research with all of that data and facts. Bunch of ignorant know-it-alls.

Now, those anti-maskers at the rally in Utah, now we're talking about sheer brilliance.
You're taking the bait.

Hundreds of scientists have said that climate change impacts hurricane frequency and strength so you are disputing it but cool cool.

You don’t really have to be a scientist to understand that rising ocean temperatures would lead to more intense and more frequent hurricanes.

For the record, I would never deny the notion that 8 billion people living on the planet would cause changes to the climate. I get that. It's logical and makes perfect sense.

I just don't care and don't think it's cause for panic. It's the cost of living.
Do you run your A/C during those 90 degrees weeks in July/Aug?

I'm so cool I don't need air conditioning.
You run it because you are solving a problem (hot & sweaty temps). Your children are going to have a much tougher time solving the ensuing problems if you ignore the problematic rate of acceleration of climate change.

@blazers
An hour and a half later and still no response from you.

That's what I thought.
you're a good little clock watcher. I don't care whether or not she's gripping/grinning the ambushed cops. Graybeard was complaining that liberals weren't publicly denouncing this, I was simply correcting him by pointing out that ALL the major liberal CA-related officials were publicly denouncing it. Whether or not Kamala visits people injured during their dangerous jobs has nothing to do with the fact that liberal officials DID denounce the ambush.

Trump kills everything, is it a surprise the CDC is dying too? Unfortunately now I don't trust the CDC.

He appointed Caputo (zero health background) to influence messaging/communications coming from HHS and CDC.

Caputo and his cohort were accused of halting, delaying and/or editing CDC reports (removing facts, adding factless snippets, politicizing them). Then Caputo meltsdown saying the CDC scientists want to undermine Trump while also claiming liberals are going to become gun-violent when Biden disputes election results. Then deletes his twitter account. Two days later, he resigns for mental reasons. Is it any surprise that Trump appointees either suck (are incompetent) or are assholes (like Stephen Miller who is competent at doing some pretty evil stuff)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT