ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

it's almost like some elections are approaching.
At this point repubs stonewalling is being done for the sake of elections optics more often than BIPARTISAN compromise.

Meanwhile, CHIPS act just passed, and some other big successes might happen soon with the Machine-Schumer deal.

There is a LOT of bipartisan stuff happening in Biden's first few yrs. He isn't the most popular Pres and DC is still an ugly quagmire, but if these next two bills go thru he's got:

Paid down national Debt last quarter for the first time in 6 yrs.
gun laws (they aren't much, but it's the first inch in 30+ years)
CHIPS for America act passed today.
electoral count reform
climate stuff
unemployment at a 50 yr low
drug pricing (medicare can directly negotiate, plus caps for individuals and limits for increase %s)
higher taxes on corp
Violence Against Women Act
ended a 20 yr war.

Not to mention American Rescue Plan & Infrastructure laws were huge - GOP'rs are lauding these things to their constituents as wonderful even if a few voted against them for optics.

His popularity is low due things like gas prices and inflaction, which are both improving, but on a grand scale he's starting to deliver on quite a few things he mentioned while running for office.

Reactions: Heels Noir
Talk about a loaded question!

The list of Trump's blunders is far too long to list, so I'll stick with an abbreviated lineup beginning with his reckless tariffs with China, which screwed over US companies and consumers a lot more than it hurt China:

Two years ago, President Donald Trump signed what he called a "historical trade deal" with China that committed China to purchase $200 billion of additional US exports before December 31, 2021. Today the only undisputed "historical" aspect of that agreement is its failure.

In the end, China bought only 58 percent of the US exports it had committed to purchase under the agreement, not even enough to reach its import levels from before the trade war.[1] Put differently, China bought none of the additional $200 billion of exports Trump's deal had promised.

Here are some things Donald Trump has said about his trade war with China since first hitting Beijing with tariffs last March, a move supported exclusively by his craziest advisers that caused National Economic Council director Gary Cohn to sprint across the South Lawn of the White House and hail the next cab back to New York:

• “Because of Tariffs we will be able to start paying down large amounts of the $21 Trillion in debt that has been accumulated, much by the Obama Administration, while at the same time reducing taxes for our people.” (August 2018);
  • “Billions of Dollars are pouring into the coffers of the U.S.A. because of the Tariffs being charged to China” (November 2018);
He says these things because he doesn’t actually have any idea how tariffs work, despite having it explained to him numerous times—which in itself is a great reason to follow the directions on the box of Just for Men, and wash it out before it seeps into your brain.

Damn!! How awful of him! Imagine had he not cost us Americans 3 billion a month how much my 401k would have gone up. Instead of a 4 year return of over 22% per year, I may have been able to retire now.

Wonder why since Pedo Pete has been in office has my 401k plummeted? He must be costing us Americans 3 billion a day!

Not to mention that this fool used Vanity Fair as a source. No damn wonder you're so pussified.

Reactions: bluetoe
At this point repubs stonewalling is being done for the sake of elections optics more often than BIPARTISAN compromise.

Meanwhile, CHIPS act just passed, and some other big successes might happen soon with the Machine-Schumer deal.

Once the GOP (read: adults) are back in charge, I’ll start celebrating bipartisan legislation.

Reactions: bluetoe
There is a LOT of bipartisan stuff happening in Biden's first few yrs. He isn't the most popular Pres and DC is still an ugly quagmire, but if these next two bills go thru he's got:

electoral count reform
climate stuff
drug pricing (medicare can directly negotiate, plus caps for individuals and limits for increase %s)
higher taxes on corp
ended a 20 yr war.

Not to mention American Rescue Plan & Infrastructure laws were huge - GOP'rs are lauding these things to their constituents as wonderful even if a few voted against them for optics.

His popularity is low due things like gas prices and inflaction, which are both improving, but on a grand scale he's starting to deliver on quite a few things he mentioned while running for office.

“If elected, I’m going to sink the economy, make the average American poorer, enable criminals to cross the border, empower domestic criminals through weak policies, crap on parents, stand up for weirdos playing pretend and essentially ruin our standing as the number one world power!”

Liberals: “That guy is really getting things done!”

Damn!! How awful of him! Imagine had he not cost us Americans 3 billion a month how much my 401k would have gone up. Instead of a 4 year return of over 22% per year, I may have been able to retire now.

Wonder why since Pedo Pete has been in office has my 401k plummeted? He must be costing us Americans 3 billion a day!

Not to mention that this fool used Vanity Fair as a source. No damn wonder you're so pussified.
Just because you earn a tad over the minimum wage as a school teacher and are having a hard time making ends meet is no reason to be angry at me. Some of us are the haves, some of you are the have-nots.

electoral count reform
climate stuff
higher taxes on corp
ended a 20 yr war.

All hail Joe Biden!!

Can you imagine Donald Trump rocking those cool aviators?!

Just because you earn a tad over the minimum wage as a school teacher and are having a hard time making ends meet is no reason to be angry at me. Some of us are the haves, some of you are the have-nots.
Guess which party wants to pay teachers and which one doesn't?

• Haha
Reactions: Heels Noir
Guess which party wants to pay teachers and which one doesn't?
It's similar to Archer who served in the military but is cheering for the Republicans after they screwed over veterans by voting against HR 3967. I guess that's why they call it the party of no common sense. :cool:

Reactions: blazers
It's similar to Archer who served in the military but is cheering for the Republicans after they screwed over veterans by voting against HR 3967. I guess that's why they call it the party of no common sense. :cool:
You, much like the imbecile you helped elect, don’t have enough common sense to come in out of the rain. You’re the last person on this board that should be accusing others of lacking common sense. Even cray cray strum is more intelligent than you, he’s just twisted from his upbringing.

You, much like the imbecile you helped elect, don’t have enough common sense to come in out of the rain. You’re the last person on this board that should be accusing others of lacking common sense. Even cray cray strum is more intelligent than you, he’s just twisted from his upbringing.
So, what you’re saying is you don’t mind the GOP screwing over vets as long as they keep Trump?

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2

You’re pretty impressionable yourself, Arch.

Speak for yourself, camp counselor.

Nah, I’ll go ahead and speak for everyone.

It’s not the fault of individual teachers as much as it is failed leadership. We may suck at math but at least our kids are filling their learning time with false, revisionist history and getting schooled on pronouns. But it’s whatever for me. I’d never consider public ed for my kids. I’d send my pets to public school with the other animals for day care purposes but to get an actual education? That’s a laugh.

Nah, I’ll go ahead and speak for everyone.

It’s not the fault of individual teachers as much as it is failed leadership. We may suck at math but at least our kids are filling their learning time with false, revisionist history and getting schooled on pronouns. But it’s whatever for me. I’d never consider public ed for my kids. I’d send my pets to public school with the other animals for day care purposes but to get an actual education? That’s a laugh.
article says "The Biden administration has given our states an incredible gift: enough time and money to involve a great many stakeholders in thinking hard about what the future will bring and how their entire system will have to change. "

Sounds we have a fighting chance to improve out global standing due to dem pres and congress.

Boy, you really hate teachers. Did you get molested by a granny while you spent your 2nd year in 1st grade?

I'm not mad at you, I feel sorry for you. You base everything on your feeeeeelings. Again, if Biden could put it back like it was before he took office, I'd be thrilled.

Reactions: Archer2
All hail Joe Biden!!

Can you imagine Donald Trump rocking those cool aviators?!

I have to admit, he would look sharp shaking hands with nobody in those aviators.

I don't know about DJT, but I can imagine a president who isn't fake personality, fake hair, fake teeth, face lift, and false promises, and who hasn't plagiarized his way through a mediocre Senate career and who isn't in the beginning stages of dementia.

But the aviators are cool, no doubt. He should wear them when he's muddling his way through a five word sentence and losing his place and stumbling over the word order.

I have to admit, he would look sharp shaking hands with nobody in those aviators.

I don't know about DJT, but I can imagine a president who isn't fake personality, fake hair, fake teeth, face lift, and false promises, and who hasn't plagiarized his way through a mediocre Senate career and who isn't in the beginning stages of dementia.

But the aviators are cool, no doubt. He should wear them when he's muddling his way through a five word sentence and losing his place and stumbling over the word order.

Trump gets those spray on tans though lol.

Count your days. November is coming. And if you think I'm an asshole now, just wait until after the midterms.
i’m no fan of biden, but let’s face it, you’ve been a whiny bitch for years, even when trump was in office.

if you’re gonna be a c*nt in november, sign me the f up…i love when it’s your time of day/week/month.

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram
article says "The Biden administration has given our states an incredible gift: enough time and money to involve a great many stakeholders in thinking hard about what the future will bring and how their entire system will have to change. "

Sounds we have a fighting chance to improve out global standing due to dem pres and congress.

Lol. Throwing money at the problem won’t help. Change your leadership. And structure. Maybe a total rebuild.

i’m no fan of biden, but let’s face it, you’ve been a whiny bitch for years, even when trump was in office.

if you’re gonna be a c*nt in november, sign me the f up…i love when it’s your time of day/week/month.

Then consider yourself now registered. Looking forward to it. Hope you are.

"Sounds we have a fighting chance to improve out global standing due to dem pres and congress."

G6qzoJ1.gif

i can’t…i didn’t have to imagine this, though, it happened…it’s kinda f’d up.

oh I see, all of a sudden it's OK to resent or hate Muslims just for being Muslim, as long as Trump is involved somehow. But if a conservative mistrusts or resents Muslims because of 9/11, they are right wing extremist xenophobic haters. If I didn't know better, I'd almost say that libs are hypocrites.

So, what you’re saying is you don’t mind the GOP screwing over vets as long as they keep Trump?
I’ve said this more than once but I’ll reiterate it once more for the mentally challenged like yourself. I hope Trump doesn’t run in 2024. I‘d much prefer a DeSantis/Scott or DeSantis/Haley ticket. Rub your two brain cells together and let that sink in, if that’s possible. You and your party better pray that Trump doesn’t run. If a less divisive candidate is on the Pub ticket, you lose in 2024.

Reactions: prlyles
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT