ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

nothing for you to worry about. Get yourself a cookie and let the adults talk now.
Yeah, that's what I thought.... Go back to whereever you got that little soundbite and ask them what it means.

Last edited:
I’ve said this more than once but I’ll reiterate it once more for the mentally challenged like yourself. I hope Trump doesn’t run in 2024. I‘d much prefer a DeSantis/Scott or DeSantis/Haley ticket. Rub your two brain cells together and let that sink in, if that’s possible. You and your party better pray that Trump doesn’t run. If a less divisive candidate is on the Pub ticket, you lose in 2024.
put me in the column that hopes he does run, along with the few you mentioned…i would also like to see some dems throw their hat in…if that fractures both parties, i’m here for it.

oh I see, all of a sudden it's OK to resent or hate Muslims just for being Muslim, as long as Trump is involved somehow. But if a conservative mistrusts or resents Muslims because of 9/11, they are right wing extremist xenophobic haters. If I didn't know better, I'd almost say that libs are hypocrites.
wait, that’s what you took from that?

i do believe politicians are hypocrites.

To the climate debaters, this is something I ran across and it's this kind of stuff that so frustrates me as to what is or is not actually happening. 62 page report regarding the climate reporting stations in the U.S. that allegedly show increasing temps to support the climate change models. Lots to read, but here are the first two paragraphs of the Conclusions and Recommendations section:

"The findings of both the 2009 and the 2022 Surface Stations studies clearly demonstrate the COOP network’s temperature records—at both USCHN and GHCN stations—have been substantially corrupted. After surveying a comprehensive and representative sample of stations, 96 percent were found to be biased in some way by the heat sink effect, or other heat sources.

Claims by NOAA, NCDC, and NCEI that this data contamination can be statistically adjusted are disingenuous, especially considering the widescale homogenization of good and bad data. Good data exists in the unperturbed stations demonstrated by Watts et al. in 2015, but the amount of bad data from poorly sited stations overwhelms the accurate data from well-sited stations"
(emphasis added by me)

Here's the link for the full report for those who care to review:

wait, that’s what you took from that?

i do believe politicians are hypocrites.
in case you're laboring under a false impression, I wasn't talking about anyone in what you posted. You can figure it out from there, I hope.

There is a LOT of bipartisan stuff happening in Biden's first few yrs. He isn't the most popular Pres and DC is still an ugly quagmire, but if these next two bills go thru he's got:

Paid down national Debt last quarter for the first time in 6 yrs.
gun laws (they aren't much, but it's the first inch in 30+ years)
CHIPS for America act passed today.
electoral count reform
climate stuff
unemployment at a 50 yr low
drug pricing (medicare can directly negotiate, plus caps for individuals and limits for increase %s)
higher taxes on corp
Violence Against Women Act
ended a 20 yr war.

Not to mention American Rescue Plan & Infrastructure laws were huge - GOP'rs are lauding these things to their constituents as wonderful even if a few voted against them for optics.

His popularity is low due things like gas prices and inflaction, which are both improving, but on a grand scale he's starting to deliver on quite a few things he mentioned while running for office.

Idiot GIF

Reactions: nctransplant
Yeah, that's what I thought.... Go back to whereever you got that little soundbite and ask them what it means.
what little soundbite? You are so incredibly stupid it's actually bizarre. The term 'improper ballot harvesting' is virtually self-explanatory, at least to those with an IQ greater than a rutabaga, and you think you're being clever somehow by asking me what 'improper' means? I had to laugh when you said recently that I am too stupid to see how stupid I am. I've said that a few times to those who were being particularly oblivious, but I've seldom thought it applied literally to anyone until I started witnessing your window-licking idiocy.

Have you heard of google? Get someone to show you how to use it and then google 'ballot harvesting'. Then, google 'improper' and add that adjective in front of 'ballot harvesting' It means what it means, and not whatever stupidity your crayon-eating ass thinks it means. Ballot harvesting, as opposed to ballot collecting, itself is not really proper practice in American elections. What do you think that makes 'improper' ballot harvesting? Improper maybe? Duh.

LMAO at you, you fvcking dolt.

what little soundbite? You are so incredibly stupid it's actually bizarre. The term 'improper ballot harvesting' is virtually self-explanatory, at least to those with an IQ greater than a rutabaga, and you think you're being clever somehow by asking me what 'improper' means? I had to laugh when you said recently that I am too stupid to see how stupid I am. I've said that a few times to those who were being particularly oblivious, but I've seldom thought it applied literally to anyone until I started witnessing your window-licking idiocy.

Have you heard of google? Get someone to show you how to use it and then google 'ballot harvesting'. Then, google 'improper' and add that adjective in front of 'ballot harvesting' It means what it means, and not whatever stupidity your crayon-eating ass thinks it means. Ballot harvesting, as opposed to ballot collecting, itself is not really proper practice in American elections. What do you think that makes 'improper' ballot harvesting? Improper maybe? Duh.

LMAO at you, you fvcking dolt.
So, I take it you don"t have a clue what you mean by the term.

But right now my primary concern are the red states who's policies will cause people to die or become gravely injured. We've already seen instances of this. And it's why Roe v Wade didn't deserve to be struck down in the manner in which it did.
so you care more about the POSSIBLE deaths or injuries of pregnant women but not the CERTAIN death of the 7 or 8 month old baby living inside the pregnant woman. makes total sense. keep on sheepin!

so you care more about the POSSIBLE deaths or injuries of pregnant women but not the CERTAIN death of the 7 or 8 month old baby living inside the pregnant woman. makes total sense. keep on sheepin!
Is it possible to be concerned about both?

I don’t really care how conservative she is. I care if she upholds the basic principles of governance which she does. She’s not a lackey for a wannabe authoritarian.
I was pointing out her "conservative-ism" because, allegedly, being conservative is important to people who believe they're conservative, and take pride in that. However, we now know that is bullshit.

Allegiance to Trump is more important than allegiance to anything else, for Trump followers. He's made that quite clear and his followers are proof that "conservative" is meaningless and fealty to Trump is what's most important.

I was pointing out her "conservative-ism" because, allegedly, being conservative is important to people who believe they're conservative, and take pride in that. However, we now know that is bullshit.

Allegiance to Trump is more important than allegiance to anything else, for Trump followers. He's made that quite clear and his followers are proof that "conservative" is meaningless and fealty to Trump is what's most important.
not-too-bright

Take my hand, boss... you see for yo'self:

LMAO. Did you actually watch this? Because primarily, it indicates that the voters interviewed, who correctly saw the hearings for the kangaroo court/witch hunt that they were, thought that she instead of representing their interests concentrated too much on trying to nail Donald Trump.

Even those who don't care for Donald Trump should want representation that focuses on something other than Donald Trump.

I rate your post...

not-too-bright

Reactions: Archer2

This is stupid on so many levels.

First off, yes I care about an abortion of a 7 month or 8 month old baby. And if that were truly an epidemic, I might share your frenzy on the issue. I'm on record saying I believe it should be illegal. But the vast majority of abortions are performed in the first 15 weeks before the fetus is viable outside of the womb. I haven't read or heard of a single instance of a mother that far along in the pregnancy suddenly being that cavalier and saying "Oops, never mind." I'm sure it has happened before. But not to the extent you're thinking of.

Which is why, again, I'm more concerned about women in red states, including one in Texas who nearly died because she was forced to carry around a dead fetus for two weeks. Or those with ectopic pregnancies being turned away. That's what your anti abortion absolutism results in.

You have this annoying, peculiar little habit of calling people 'sheep'. Ironic considered you're the one who holds an opinion on abortion based on faith, something you cannot empirically prove, versus objective maternal health for mothers and women.

Keep on sheepin, you dunce.

To the climate debaters, this is something I ran across and it's this kind of stuff that so frustrates me as to what is or is not actually happening. 62 page report regarding the climate reporting stations in the U.S. that allegedly show increasing temps to support the climate change models. Lots to read, but here are the first two paragraphs of the Conclusions and Recommendations section:

"The findings of both the 2009 and the 2022 Surface Stations studies clearly demonstrate the COOP network’s temperature records—at both USCHN and GHCN stations—have been substantially corrupted. After surveying a comprehensive and representative sample of stations, 96 percent were found to be biased in some way by the heat sink effect, or other heat sources.

Claims by NOAA, NCDC, and NCEI that this data contamination can be statistically adjusted are disingenuous, especially considering the widescale homogenization of good and bad data. Good data exists in the unperturbed stations demonstrated by Watts et al. in 2015, but the amount of bad data from poorly sited stations overwhelms the accurate data from well-sited stations"
(emphasis added by me)

Here's the link for the full report for those who care to review:

Is there anything other than heartland.org that can back this up? No, there isn't. These are the guys who push against the health effects of smoking and second-hand smoke for Phillip Morris. They put out studies questioning the link tween smoking and lung cancer...

The author, Anthony Watts, brought these same arguments up in mid-2000's and early 20teens and they're BS

Nothing wrong with skepticism, but this guy needs to peer-reviewed AGAIN before you take his work seriously. And don't smoke.

Yes, I sure did. They said they fight with you to be first-in-line when it's time lick Trump's hole after defecation. Seems it's always your turn.
your stock-in-trade comeback after getting your ass handed to you, in this case for stupidly posting a video that illustrated the exact opposite of what you thought it did..

I rate this latest post of yours...

7Hcy.gif

your stock-in-trade comeback after getting your ass handed to you, in this case for stupidly posting a video that illustrated the exact opposite of what you thought it did..

I rate this latest post of yours...

7Hcy.gif
I can't help it if you deny what's being said.

Is there anything other than heartland.org that can back this up? No, there isn't. These are the guys who push against the health effects of smoking and second-hand smoke for Phillip Morris. They put out studies questioning the link tween smoking and lung cancer...

The author, Anthony Watts, brought these same arguments up in mid-2000's and early 20teens and they're BS

Nothing wrong with skepticism, but this guy needs to peer-reviewed AGAIN before you take his work seriously. And don't smoke.
I have to commend you for this. I actually composed a post saying about the same thing about Heartland with a reference from Wiki, but shitcanned it because I didn't want to be the shoot-the-messenger guy. I confess that I started to read the report just to say I did but I decided not to waste the effort, so I apologize to @pooponduke for the neglect.

But that was just for starters. I also don't trust any set of data or statistics, because as Chuck Amato once said, statistics are for idiots (mostly because they need proper analysis to be meaningful). And data can be erroneously collected and correlated.

But then again, even suspect data is evidence. I tend to put as much faith in anecdotal evidence as statistical evidence, and there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that supports the likelihood of anthropogenic warming. I don't need stats and measurements to tell me I'm sick if I ache all over and run a fever and can't keep any food down.

Last edited:
I can't help it if you deny what I said is being said.
FIFY

And I can't help it if you mischaracterize what is generally being said. The words are right there for anyone to decide for themselves. Are these people (except for two) being interviewed Trump supporters? That's irrelevant and it isn't the question. The question is whether they will vote against Cheney simply because she doesn't support Trump, or will they vote against Cheney because she spends too much time being against Trump instead of being a good representative of the general interests. I think anyone not of closed mind will agree with me that most just don't think she is best serving their interests.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT