ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

• Wow
Reactions: Archer2
"Marketing ploy", or as I like to call it, "a lie".

They know the IRA isn't going to reduce inflation. They also knew it wouldn't pass if it was properly titled the Green New Deal, 84% of the $437 billion bill goes to Green New Deal spending. So they label it the IRA in order to sell it to the gullible public and entice Sinema and Manchin to give them the requisite 50/50 votes to allow "Kamela" to cast the passing vote.

Remember when the architect of the Affordable Care Act said this:
“the stupidity of the American voter” made it important for him and Democrats to hide Obamacare’s true costs from the public. “That was really, really critical for the thing to pass,” said Gruber. “But I’d rather have this law than not.” In other words, the ends—imposing Obamacare upon the public—justified the means."

In Gruber's own words...

That last sentence in Gruber's quote says it all. Just corrupt, deceptive politics at it's very worst.

Last edited:
Meet the “impartial committee members” hand picked by Pelosi to investigate Jan 6th. There were 9 members, all of whom were Dems but two, and all of whom hate Trump. There was no interest in conducting a fair and balanced investigation, just like the Mueller investigation. Their opinions were predetermined in advance. That's the Dems' idea of justice.

Justice?

Right, and you’d trust Trump’s lackeys to be impartial or not try to undermine the entire committee?

Come on, Arch. Put two and two together. There is very little objective criticism or honest assessment of Trump in the GOP if any. It’s all based on fealty. Hence why he’s worked so hard to oust those who voted to impeach him.

Right, and you’d trust Trump’s lackeys to be impartial or not try to undermine the entire committee?

Come on, Arch. Put two and two together. There is very little objective criticism or honest assessment of Trump in the GOP if any. It’s all based on fealty. Hence why he’s worked so hard to oust those who voted to impeach him.
Yeah, the Dems are much better at being impartial.

• Wow
Yeah, the Dems are much better at being impartial.

No one is truly impartial. I don’t see Biden trying to black ball anyone that doesn’t see eye to eye with him on everything. Imagine if he tried to support a more progressive candidate against Joe Manchin next election cycle and called him a ‘loser’.

All I’m saying is, if a Democratic president or candidate stoked a riot, refused to concede election results, told people he won when he actually lost, and then started a smear campaign against the very people who voted to uphold rule of law, I wouldn’t want want them anywhere near power never mind the Oval Office.

Reactions: blazers

you start from the presumption that the Jan 6 hearings are not a dog and pony show and that the impeachments were a legitimate exercise of governmental propriety. Maybe you should open your mind to ALL the possibilities and use that as a starting point.

In other words, don't adapt the left, or dem political power-grabbing mindset into your viewpoint and expect to be taken as anything like objective if that's where your questions are going to come from. If your questions aren't objective, why would anyone give two shits about answering them objectively?

you start from the presumption that the Jan 6 hearings are not a dog and pony show and that the impeachments were a legitimate exercise of governmental propriety. Maybe you should open your mind to ALL the possibilities and use that as a starting point.

In other words, don't adapt the left, or dem political power-grabbing mindset into your viewpoint and expect to be taken as anything like objective if that's where your questions are going to come from. If your questions aren't objective, why would anyone give two shits about answering them objectively?
Well said!

Reactions: bluetoe
No one is truly impartial. I don’t see Biden trying to black ball anyone that doesn’t see eye to eye with him on everything. Imagine if he tried to support a more progressive candidate against Joe Manchin next election cycle and called him a ‘loser’.

All I’m saying is, if a Democratic president or candidate stoked a riot, refused to concede election results, told people he won when he actually lost, and then started a smear campaign against the very people who voted to uphold rule of law, I wouldn’t want want them anywhere near power never mind the Oval Office.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Reactions: nctransplant

like many who oppose Trump, you fail to see why so many others support him so rabidly....he isn't a fvcking career politician putting on that politician face with the politician smile and the glib politician speech that the gullible masses find so reassuring and heartening. Those politicians, which Joe Biden epitomizes, have made a living out of being politicians and their primary goal is to get elected and re-elected. And they are fvcking up our country because our country isn't their primary concern. We don't need more of them, we need less of them and more like Trump who simply speaks his mind and doesn't care who he offends. I think he goes too far in that regard and his ego is definitely a trip hazard, but at the same time I'll take him any day over a Joe Biden who tells you what he's doing for you while he takes a shit in your corn flakes.

My viewpoint is the health of the country as a whole. And the continuing health of the Republic. Trump damn near could have caused a civil war. Still could, actually.

They know the IRA isn't going to reduce inflation. They also knew it wouldn't pass if it was properly titled the Green New Deal, 84% of the $437 billion bill goes to Green New Deal spending. So they label it the IRA in order to sell it to the gullible public and entice Sinema and Manchin to give them the requisite 50/50 votes to allow "Kamela" to cast the passing vote.

Remember when the architect of the Affordable Care Act said this:
“the stupidity of the American voter” made it important for him and Democrats to hide Obamacare’s true costs from the public. “That was really, really critical for the thing to pass,” said Gruber. “But I’d rather have this law than not.” In other words, the ends—imposing Obamacare upon the public—justified the means."

In Gruber's own words...

That last sentence in Gruber's quote says it all. Just corrupt, deceptive politics at it's very worst.
this is the best post I've seen in a long time. You should repost it every day, just to remind us of how insidiously and treacherously the dems work to pull the wool over our eyes in order to complete their agendas. We're impeaching Trump every time he turns around but we let this slide without a whimper. Somebody should have been left twisting in the wind for this.

My viewpoint is the health of the country as a whole. And the continuing health of the Republic. Trump damn near could have caused a civil war. Still could, actually.
and there you go again. TRUMP almost caused it? I don't think so. Those rioters (and so many of us who didn't happen to riot) weren't pissed off because Trump told them to be, and anyone with an IQ greater than a turnip should understand that at worst he helped to reinforce what they were already pissed off about....and even that is a stretch.

It isn't exactly a sign of intelligence that one assigns the cause of all negativity to one individual. Common sense alone dictates that that is unlikely to be the case. Trump is not Satan and he may have some appeal but he doesn't have that sort of command; but if you believe in Satan or if you don't, Satan's work is being done and you aren't recognizing who is doing it.

and there you go again. TRUMP almost caused it? I don't think so. Those rioters (and so many of us who didn't happen to riot) weren't pissed off because Trump told them to be, and anyone with an IQ greater than a turnip should understand that at worst he helped to reinforce what they were already pissed off about....and even that is a stretch.

It isn't exactly a sign of intelligence that one assigns the cause of all negativity to one individual. Common sense alone dictates that that is unlikely to be the case. Trump is not Satan and he may have some appeal but he doesn't have that sort of command; but if you believe in Satan or if you don't, Satan's work is being done and you aren't recognizing who is doing it.
It's never the fault of the demagogue, right? They're just the leaders. They had plenty of help, every step of the way.

Reactions: carolinablue34
It's never the fault of the demagogue, right? They're just the leaders. They had plenty of help, every step of the way.
given your proclivity to sometimes post nonsense and to attempt to make your points nonsensically, I honestly have no idea what point you might be trying to make.

ETA: but if you are serious that you can't lay it all off on some demagogue when the shit hits the fan, I would agree completely.

They were absolutely pissed off because of Trump. Or did I just imagine all of the tweets calling the election fraudulent and all the stop the steal chants? Even if the riot itself cannot be solely attributed to Trump, he and his team stoked the fire.

I can understand that during the course of his Presidency, democrats behaved just as reactionary as Trump at times. But this is why people accuse his supporters of cult like behavior. When, I repeat, when is anything his fault? When is enough, enough? At what point does he go too far in upending the system that you’d stop voting for him?

Reactions: strummingram
Your orange shades are blinding you. The national division started in the Obama administration, "get to the back of the bus."
And were you out of the universe when all of the riots were going on and who was poking the flames on those?

given your proclivity to sometimes post nonsense and to attempt to make your points nonsensically, I honestly have no idea what point you might be trying to make.

ETA: but if you are serious that you can't lay it all off on some demagogue when the shit hits the fan, I would agree completely.
Trump didn't do it all by himself. But, without him, the whole thing (literally, from 2015 on) never happens. It requires a really skilled demagogue for any kind of socio-political... movement... to be successful, or even have a chance at being successful.

The point is to never...ever... follow, support, or offer any allegiance to a demagogue. And, DJT has all the worst characteristics of the most dangerous kind of demagogue. Of course, in this case, it's much too late. Too many people, for far too long, have their own personal identities attached to him, now.

They were absolutely pissed off because of Trump. Or did I just imagine all of the tweets calling the election fraudulent and all the stop the steal chants? Even if the riot itself cannot be solely attributed to Trump, he and his team stoked the fire.

I can understand that during the course of his Presidency, democrats behaved just as reactionary as Trump at times. But this is why people accuse his supporters of cult like behavior. When, I repeat, when is anything his fault? When is enough, enough? At what point does he go too far in upending the system that you’d stop voting for him?
are you actually so stupid that you can't imagine us being pissed off about the election without Trump telling us to be? Apparently you are. You can believe it or don't, but if they had wrapped Trump in chains and put him in a padlocked iron coffin and dropped him in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with him not having said a word, I would have been pissed off about the election once the numbers indicated the unbelievable.

In reality however, even with my take on that bullshit election, I wanted Trump to STFU just because I knew he was going to get nowhere and that he was not helping himself. Plus it was just annoying, understanding that his every word was going to be put in the worst possible light.

But here you go with that mighty logic and reasoning ability kicking in for you...there were tweets, therefor Trump is causing a civil war. Just go beat your head on a brick wall if all you have going for you is unreasonable emotion, you'll make a better impression that way. Har har.

It's a done-deal, now. I think there's going to be a serious civil conflict of some kind in our future. I don't think it can be avoided, at this point. In fact, it's grown beyond Trump's control, if you really wanna get technical. Of course, he's not going to change course, which all but guarantees a confrontation.

I wanted Trump to STFU just because I knew he was going to get nowhere and that he was not helping himself. Plus it was just annoying, understanding that his every word was going to be put in the worst possible light.
This is priceless. You're pretending to criticize 45... but, the truth is, you're licking his sweaty taint meat, like you always do! lol

Trump didn't do it all by himself. But, without him, the whole thing (literally, from 2015 on) never happens. It requires a really skilled demagogue for any kind of socio-political... movement... to be successful, or even have a chance at being successful.

The point is to never...ever... follow, support, or offer any allegiance to a demagogue. And, DJT has all the worst characteristics of the most dangerous kind of demagogue. Of course, in this case, it's much too late. Too many people, for far too long, have their own personal identities attached to him, now.
read my reply to @carolinablue34 , and understand that there were millions of us who didn't respond to Trump and didn't go to the Capitol and who didn't kick down some doors. That was a relative handful of people involved in that, and I don't know what you might call whatever was behind the characterization of that incident as treason and insurrection and a coup and an attempt to overthrow our democracy, but I am happy to consider that it must have been the work of demagogues. I guess demagoguery was also behind the several bogus impeachments and investigations and now possibly the FBI home invasion. You'll be happy to know that I haven't been taken in by them.

This is priceless. You're pretending to criticize 45... but, the truth is, you're licking his sweaty taint meat, like you always do! lol
and as always, you fall back on being just another clueless mutt with no ability to break from the standard mantra. It's like you're a cyborg programmed to automatically start chirping programmed idiocy when your rudimentary reasoning power reaches its low limits.

Your intellect is limited to blaming it all on one individual, Trump in this case, so anyone who doesn't agree with that stupidity must be licking his sweaty balls. Believe it or not, I really wish you were better than that.

and as always, you fall back on being just another clueless mutt with no ability to break from the standard mantra. It's like you're a cyborg programmed to automatically start chirping programmed idiocy when your rudimentary reasoning power reaches its low limits.

Your intellect is limited to blaming it all on one individual, Trump in this case, so anyone who doesn't agree with that stupidity must be licking his sweaty balls. Believe it or not, I really wish you were better than that.
I'm sure Liz Cheney didn't lose her primary because of... Trump. If she'd shown loyalty to the demagogue, she'd be getting praise from all of the state of Wyoming.

Of the 10 Congress men or women who voted to impeach Trump I think there's two left maybe? I wonder why?

The Republican Party is the re-Trump-lican party. Have fun denying it, and hopefully you won't have to actively participate in future insurrections.

I'm sure Liz Cheney didn't lose her primary because of... Trump. If she'd shown loyalty to the demagogue, she'd be getting praise from all of the state of Wyoming.

Of the 10 Congress men or women who voted to impeach Trump I think there's two left maybe? I wonder why?

The Republican Party is the re-Trump-lican party. Have fun denying it, and hopefully you won't have to actively participate in future insurrections.
we already talked about Liz Cheney when you unwittingly provided that video of people saying they wouldn't vote for her because she was spending too much time obsessing on Trump and too little time representing their interests. I guess I should lick his taint now because you so stupidly disproved your own case.

I have no feel and no concern over what the republican party is characterized by you as, but one thing you can bank on is that I will enthusiastically support whoever they put up to run against the dems. If you want to lie in bed and imagine Trump getting his sack licked even if that isn't him, be my guest. He's your obsession, not mine.

ETA, I forgot to address the 10 or so who voted for impeachment who are no longer there. I guess it couldn't possibly occur to you with your indoctrination and limited ability to reason that they might not be there simply because the impeachment they voted for was a political song and dance that detracted from the country's business. They aren't there because they don't DESERVE to be there.

Last edited:
wait, what? I thought this was about a brainwashing by Trump. Now it's just brainwashing in general. What idiocy will you plunge into next?
Well... it's kind of both, actually. It shows how well brainwashing works. Once you're hooked, the quality of candidate is immaterial. In your own words: it doesn't matter WHO they stick-out there. You're All-In for whomever gets the crown. If they claim to oppose "the democrats", you'll vehemently support them. Demagogue, dictator, the dormouse... doesn't matter. That is critical thinking at its worst. That's the absence of critical thinking.

are you actually so stupid that you can't imagine us being pissed off about the election without Trump telling us to be? Apparently you are. You can believe it or don't, but if they had wrapped Trump in chains and put him in a padlocked iron coffin and dropped him in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with him not having said a word, I would have been pissed off about the election once the numbers indicated the unbelievable.

In reality however, even with my take on that bullshit election, I wanted Trump to STFU just because I knew he was going to get nowhere and that he was not helping himself. Plus it was just annoying, understanding that his every word was going to be put in the worst possible light.

But here you go with that mighty logic and reasoning ability kicking in for you...there were tweets, therefor Trump is causing a civil war. Just go beat your head on a brick wall if all you have going for you is unreasonable emotion, you'll make a better impression that way. Har har.

We clearly have a different opinion on Trump’s influence on the electorate.

Were there some disgruntled people regardless? Sure. But without the losing candidate crying foul, shooting off his mouth, telling people to ‘fight like hell or you won’t have a country anymore’, and straight up saying that it was stolen, I sincerely doubt January 6th happens the way it did.

My guy, Trump brings a great deal of what he deals with on himself. He was the president 2 years ago and words from the POTUS mean something. Especially from someone with an intense a following as him.

In interest of being fair, the chance on that day, of a civil war were fairly low. But it still set an unbelievably dangerous precedent.

Last edited:
Well... it's kind of both, actually. It shows how well brainwashing works. Once you're hooked, the quality of candidate is immaterial. In your own words: it doesn't matter WHO they stick-out there. You're All-In for whomever gets the crown. If they claim to oppose "the democrats", you'll vehemently support them. Demagogue, dictator, the dormouse... doesn't matter. That is critical thinking at its worst. That's the absence of critical thinking.

Bingo.

We clearly have a different opinion on Trump’s influence on the electorate.

Were there some disgruntled people regardless? Sure. But without the losing candidate crying foul, shooting off his mouth, telling people to ‘fight like hell or you won’t have a country anymore’, and straight up saying that it was stolen, I sincerely doubt January 6th happens the way it did.

My guy, Trump beings a great deal of what he deals with on himself. He was the president 2 years ago and words from the POTUS mean something. Especially from someone with an intense following as him.

In interest of being fair, the chance on that day, of a civil war were fairly low. But it still set an unbelievably dangerous precedent.
I don't think I've ever witnessed, in my lifetime, a cult following like Trump's. And, being labeled with "TDS" is hardly taken by meas an insult. I'm grateful for the awareness of the dangers of a demagogue like that.

I will absolutely concede that ALL the media outlets, and other social media celebs, You Tube channel creators, and the like, are ALL benefiting from the Trump gravy train. And, I'm referring to those that are in opposition to him and his influence. They are exacerbating it, and they contribute (perhaps with good intentions) to increasing the potential of his entire presence in American political culture and society. I've seen countless YT channels that would shutdown entirely if Trump were suddenly gone. It would be like when the OJ trial was over!

The democrats spent over 4 years trying to did up something on Trump to get him out of office because he was not part of the "Washington Establishment". It's not like after the Jan. 6th dust up was the first time the democrats went after Trump.

the question then, is who brainwashed you?

Reactions: nctransplant
In interest of being fair, the chance on that day, of a civil war were fairly low.
Jesus Christ. Fairly low? Ya think? LMAO. You and strummingram are dwelling on the lunatic fringe. I dedicate this song to the two of you...

'But you've got to blame someone
For your own confusion'

That damn Alice again!

drphil.gif

• Haha
I don't think I've ever witnessed, in my lifetime, a cult following like Trump's. And, being labeled with "TDS" is hardly taken by meas an insult. I'm grateful for the awareness of the dangers of a demagogue like that.

I will absolutely concede that ALL the media outlets, and other social media celebs, You Tube channel creators, and the like, are ALL benefiting from the Trump gravy train. And, I'm referring to those that are in opposition to him and his influence. They are exacerbating it, and they contribute (perhaps with good intentions) to increasing the potential of his entire presence in American political culture and society. I've seen countless YT channels that would shutdown entirely if Trump were suddenly gone. It would be like when the OJ trial was over!
4je1x9.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT