ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

This fear of "immigrants" is where I separate from most people, let alone political affiliations.

I see the planet as one big back yard. These "boundaries" and "borders" are imaginary things created to reinforce the whole "that's for our people! Your people aren't allowed!" mentality. And, it's so ingrained and the institutions around them are so complex, it's impossible to see the humanity anymore.

There is a lot of hypocrisy baked into the immigration debate.

All seriousness aside, if we’re going to build a border wall it should be in the north. I’ll take Mexican food and women over Canadians every day of the week.

It building a border wall decreases human traficking, drug traficking, and illegal immigration by 75%, it would be a huge step in the right direction and well worth the investment. And I think it rather easily eclipses that mark. Dems have basically made the borders wide open for illegal activities and are further enriching the cartels in Mexico.

Reactions: bluetoe
It building a border wall decreases human traficking, drug traficking, and illegal immigration by 75%, it would be a huge step in the right direction and well worth the investment. And I think it rather easily eclipses that mark. Dems have basically made the borders wide open for illegal activities and are further enriching the cartels in Mexico.
If you make the "drugs" legal, you eliminate all the "drug trafficking" instantly.

And, I don't care how high you build a wall... if you can make something- anything- worth 1000% more, monetarily, on one side of the fence, then the fence is just decoration. There's no fence ever made that will stop a gigantic profit margin. Thinking BC instead of AD is part of the problem.

• Wow
Reactions: Archer2
good thing crackhead Hunter waited until after his father was out of the WH to have his sweetheart deal secured for him that his father lied about being aware of.....no wait, his dad was still in the White House.....and Hunter even got a lift to Ukraine on AF 1 with his dad. Why bother hiding what no one is going to look into, I guess.

Jared Kushner isn't a crackhead and he made his Saudi deal after there was no WH connection, and he had a financial/investment background. Other than that, the comparison is exact. Well, except for which one got investigated of course....you know, the one that wasn't the victim of a disinformation campaign.

I take that back about Hunter being a crackhead. I mean, he is a crackhead and a pervert alright but crackheads usually are excellent businessmen and outstanding citizens and generally make sound moral judgements. That's why he could step into a position that he had absolutely no familiarity with and perform like he was born for the gig. I'm sure that's how it happened.

you're such a fvcking phony. You're so unbiased, right? So who really cares about Hunter's laptop or Hillary's e-mails when Trump has engaged in 'boundless corruption', not a whiff of which you have any evidence of. So you criticize someone for defending Trump over the usual insinuation and innuendo, which you freely engage in yourself, yet you poo poo Hunter's activities because whether he jeopardized national security or not isn't certain. You actually have the audacity to accuse the poster of picking on a president because, according to you, he just doesn't like him when you do far worse regarding the president YOU don't happen to like. Like I said, you are easily the most biased and prejudiced poster here and that makes your denials fairly obnoxious. Not @Heels Noir level obnoxious but then what is?

I indicated to you, because you asked, that if you want to be considered unbiased you have to demonstrate it. I'm waiting....but I'm not holding my breath.

Dude, I'm never going to be unbiased to you. It's all the same. You'll do this run around to defend Trump from literally anything and if I'm not ripping Democrats, clearly I'm just a phony, right?

Try listening to me for once instead of the same reactionary, grumpy old man schtick.

We’ve barely seen any of the contents. That’s the point. The FBI is blocking the release to prevent it from being exposed as well as their complicity in the cover-up. As for me “defending Trump all day long”, perhaps you’d cite a few of my posts doing so.

I don't have time to go back and look at old posts, Arch. But I do know when it comes to Biden and Trump, you often sound like a soundbite from FOX news.

But I will reiterate, that if Hunter Biden was engaged in something that jeopardizes national security, or if he's just a drug addled punk in general who made shady business deals, I'd like to know. No one, not even the President, should be spared.

That’s the point, it doesn’t

Recent polling has shown that GOP nominees in the nation's most closely contested states are struggling to keep up.

This includes Trump-backed candidates Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania, JD Vance in Ohio, and Herschel Walker in Georgia
🤣😛😜😝

Reactions: gteeitup
This fear of "immigrants" is where I separate from most people, let alone political affiliations.

I see the planet as one big back yard. These "boundaries" and "borders" are imaginary things created to reinforce the whole "that's for our people! Your people aren't allowed!" mentality. And, it's so ingrained and the institutions around them are so complex, it's impossible to see the humanity anymore.
Of course you see the planet that way. You’re nuttier than a fruitcake. Do you leave your front doors wide open and allow whoever wishes to enter and stay free for as long as they wish? I mean, your property line is just “imaginary” right?
🤪

Reactions: nctransplant
Trump is right, Chao did get rich off China. Mitch is right that Trump is hurting senate #'s. Fun to see guys like Mitch and Cruz stoop so low in their lives only to get some stabs in the back.

Of course you see the planet that way. You’re nuttier than a fruitcake. Do you leave your front doors wide open and allow whoever wishes to enter and stay free for as long as they wish? I mean, your property line is just “imaginary” right?
🤪
Well... I sure as hell don't watch a news channel(s) that indoctrinates fear into me, or subscribe to a religion that indoctrinates even more fear into me. So, between that and my Australian Shepherd in the backyard, my doors don't need to be locked. I get to know my neighbors, and they know me. The lines are as real as you want them to be.

Well... I sure as hell don't watch a news channel(s) that indoctrinates fear into me, or subscribe to a religion that indoctrinates even more fear into me. So, between that and my Australian Shepherd in the backyard, my doors don't need to be locked. I get to know my neighbors, and they know me. The lines are as real as you want them to be.

I noticed that you didn't even manage to answer his question. You, of course, did your usual thing of bluster and subtle attack on the one posing the legitimate question. But you didn't answer the question. What the f*ck does a news station have to do with his question? Or your Australian Shepherd?

And don't think I didn't notice that you have a dog known for herding sheep.

So, from this description, I have to conclude that your Australian Shepherd is providing security to your yard and home because there is no "need" to lock your doors. This seems contrary to the notion that there are no borders, boundaries, or otherwise - only "imaginary things" such as property lines. Seems the dog didn't take to the training. Or, is this a situation of talking a good game in abstract, but living a different set of standards when it impacts one personally?

Trump is right, Chao did get rich off China. Mitch is right that Trump is hurting senate #'s. Fun to see guys like Mitch and Cruz stoop so low in their lives only to get some stabs in the back.

With many of your poasts, I don't even know what you're trying to say. It's like a different language. And it's no coincidence that @gteeitup "liked" that poast as he struggles to form legible poasts as well.

So, from this description, I have to conclude that your Australian Shepherd is providing security to your yard and home because there is no "need" to lock your doors. This seems contrary to the notion that there are no borders, boundaries, or otherwise - only "imaginary things" such as property lines. Seems the dog didn't take to the training. Or, is this a situation of talking a good game in abstract, but living a different set of standards when it impacts one personally?
The dog is, ideally, preventing people from trying to harm me when I'm asleep and the doors aren't locked.

I'm not obsessed with illegal immigrants.

With many of your poasts, I don't even know what you're trying to say. It's like a different language. And it's no coincidence that @gteeitup "liked" that poast as he struggles to form legible poasts as well.
It's all perspective. Number one rule is to rag on orange (LTDS is strong here). Number two rule is to rag on R's in general. Number three is to parrot the D talking points. Number four is to promote whatever thought or agenda that gives the government more power and control to make decisions for all of us because they always know better. In this case, he got to rag on trump, mitch, cruz, and the R election prospects all in one. If you look at it from that angle, they make sense, even if they are based in delusional progressive theory rather than time tested actual human behaviors.

The dog is, ideally, preventing people from trying to harm me when I'm asleep and the doors aren't locked.

What on earth would the dog need to protect you from? And why is the dog in your backyard unless you are already out there? He should be trained to be at your side if he is preventing others from harming you while sleeping. Or, is he actually protecting your yard, your house, your car, your wallet, your food, your stuff, etc. in addition to you from potential personal harm. Seems like that gets well into the area of property lines, doesn't it?

As to constantly diverting to illegals, move to one of the border towns in Texas or Arizona and live there for six months or so and perhaps the comments would apply. Btw, have you heard any of the whining by the mayors of DC and NYC?

Great breed btw. Really smart and very trainable.

They certainly are known for their trainability. And from all accounts, they are smart dogs. But I gotta be honest, I've never really liked an Aussie that I met. They're skittish, kind of spastic and not that lovable. Plus, their eyes freak me out.

What on earth would the dog need to protect you from? And why is the dog in your backyard unless you are already out there? He should be trained to be at your side if he is preventing others from harming you while sleeping. Or, is he actually protecting your yard, your house, your car, your wallet, your food, your stuff, etc. in addition to you from potential personal harm. Seems like that gets well into the area of property lines, doesn't it?

As to constantly diverting to illegals, move to one of the border towns in Texas or Arizona and live there for six months or so and perhaps the comments would apply. Btw, have you heard any of the whining by the mayors of DC and NYC?
Someday, when I get a chance, I'll move to Arizona so we can experiment with this further. And, no I haven't listened to the whining of Mayors.

Reactions: Heels Noir
it doesn't surprise me at all that you consider quoted dictionary definitions to be inane.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that you and your ilk don’t even know when you’re being made fun of.

Dude, I'm never going to be unbiased to you. It's all the same. You'll do this run around to defend Trump from literally anything and if I'm not ripping Democrats, clearly I'm just a phony, right?

Try listening to me for once instead of the same reactionary, grumpy old man schtick.
I'm responding to your exact words, which are plain and apparent to all. YOU are the one insisting that you spread criticism all around in balanced fashion...yet you are the one whose words belie that bullshit. FWIW, I do believe that you actually consider yourself to be unbiased. I'm just trying to get you to wake up.

We need to have Hunter Biden's laptop exposed, and Trump has doodly squat to do with it. In your mind, as in the minds of every libloon on this board, any attempt to reveal information detrimental to the dems is considered Trump worship. Tell me honestly that that notion isn't bordering on some deep mental disturbance.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that you and your ilk don’t even know when you’re being made fun of.
I would be more likely to recognize being made fun of if you were actually funny. Otherwise, I take your responses for what they are...weak concessions.

I'm responding to your exact words, which are plain and apparent to all. YOU are the one insisting that you spread criticism all around in balanced fashion...yet you are the one whose words belie that bullshit. FWIW, I do believe that you actually consider yourself to be unbiased. I'm just trying to get you to wake up.

We need to have Hunter Biden's laptop exposed, and Trump has doodly squat to do with it. In your mind, as in the minds of every libloon on this board, any attempt to reveal information detrimental to the dems is considered Trump worship. Tell me honestly that that notion isn't bordering on some deep mental disturbance.
To paraphrase Fight Club: The first rule of TDS is to not talk about TDS.

Our president, regardless of how elected or one's feelings about political party, has to be protected wherever he/she/it is located. If building a wall at a private home that they (very) regularly go to helps in that respect, then build it. Party doesn't matter and we shouldn't get into splitting hairs on this type of stuff or they will start arguing that orange profited from having toilet paper supplied at Mar-a-Lago. And, it doesn't matter what he believes as bolded above, it's the secret service detail that should be making these determinations.
I have to disagree again. Nowhere is it dictated that he has to frequent a second home where added security is determined to be a good idea, and secondly where do you draw the line on how many properties are to have enhanced protections? When he recently stayed in South Carolina, did they add a fence there? I don't think so.

And if Trump is guilty of stocking cases of taxpayer supplied toilet paper for future use, the same applies to him.

🤪
LMAO. When you converse with @strummingram and the subject of drugs comes up, you can immediately make a connection and understand why he says the loony things he says.. I think he's been high on something or other for twenty years non-stop.

Straightforward info goes in, pretzel logic comes out.

but your dog is your security, as you suggested, meaning you feel the need for security and you have put an actual thing in place to that purpose that makes sense to you. Instead of a wall, I guess maybe we should invest in millions of Australian Shepherds.

So, it looks like the judge in Mar-a-Lago is looking to at least release a redacted form of the affidavit. Here's a question to kick around. This has been going on now for more than almost two weeks. Early on there was a bunch of "sources" that talked about the warrant and what it was for, then it got released. There has also been speculation as to what was behind it including lists of secret agents and even some banter on here about alleged nuclear secrets. But, I have not seen anything as to actual leaks about the affidavit.

This is not normal procedure for these people. Throughout the term, impeachments, investigations, reports, etc. everything has been leaked with dribs and drabs through the media to build certain narratives whether they turned out to have legs or accuracy. Nothing on this. Perhaps that's the problem and the affidavit is not on solid ground. Any theories?

They certainly are known for their trainability. And from all accounts, they are smart dogs. But I gotta be honest, I've never really liked an Aussie that I met. They're skittish, kind of spastic and not that lovable. Plus, their eyes freak me out.
you might like an Australian Cattle Dog better, and specifically the Blue Heeler variety.

you might like an Australian Cattle Dog better, and specifically the Blue Heeler variety.

One of my staff members has a Aussie Cattle Dog. Dog seems sweet. Still a bit high strung.

I'm a fan of the classic mutt. I've never had a dog that I didn't rescue from a shelter. One was a Rott but the last two have been mutts. They may not be pure bred but they seem to have the best attributes of the breeds without the worst attributes of the breeds. Maybe I've just been lucky. I don't even know what breed my most recent rescue is. He has the body of a lab but is a little shorter and longer than a lab. Fat head too. I've considered doing the DNA test to see what he is but honestly, I don't care all that much. He's a cool dog. Likes to run and play with the kids. Likes to swim. Fetches a little. Does great off the leash now. Good with other dogs. He plays rough but not aggressive.

So, it looks like the judge in Mar-a-Lago is looking to at least release a redacted form of the affidavit. Here's a question to kick around. This has been going on now for more than almost two weeks. Early on there was a bunch of "sources" that talked about the warrant and what it was for, then it got released. There has also been speculation as to what was behind it including lists of secret agents and even some banter on here about alleged nuclear secrets. But, I have not seen anything as to actual leaks about the affidavit.

This is not normal procedure for these people. Throughout the term, impeachments, investigations, reports, etc. everything has been leaked with dribs and drabs through the media to build certain narratives whether they turned out to have legs or accuracy. Nothing on this. Perhaps that's the problem and the affidavit is not on solid ground. Any theories?
even moreso than usual, I have stayed away from opining on this because the media- speculation-as-news, I expected would go into hyperdrive. I did comment on how long it would probably take for actual facts to be presented, and it wouldn't surprise me if the insinuation of exposed secret agents and divulged nuclear secrets was allowed to get kicked around until most people simply accepted those as truth without a shred of substantiation. That may be the plan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT