ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

That's the "general thought?" Whew! Good to know. You're at the crossroads of intellectual commonality- rural, southern Virginia. So, your finger must be on the pulse of the "general thought." And, sharing objective sources as much as you do! lol

It must have just started- like, maybe in the last few seconds- where making as much money as possible is discouraged. The general thought is the polar opposite of that. Making as much money as possible is the fuel, the engine, and the exhaust of the human experience.

"The American Way" is just another platitude that can be used to describe basically anything that someone who claims to be "American" wants it to include. Kinda like "American Exceptionalism." It's just some nationalist drum that people beat to death.

What you wrote is completely false. Or, chances are that it is. I didn't really read it but you usually poast false stuff so I just assumed. But I'll reiterate, for most of America's existence, it was seen as righteous to work hard, make money and better the lives of you, your family and those in which the business employs. People were celebrated for doing such. If people or companies chose to give back to the communities from which they profited, they were celebrated even more. But this new fad of imposing obligations of social responsibility onto companies is all the rage now. People are actually looked down upon for making too much money. It's bizarre.

A business has no obligation other than to provide the goods and services as they say they do. That's it. That's all. And that's the way it should be.

Charity/philanthropy is volunteer. That's how it's always been and how it should be. Sure, we want people to be philanthropic but we should never pressure people into it. It's not charity at that point.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
What you wrote is completely false. Or, chances are that it is. I didn't really read it but you usually poast false stuff so I just assumed. But I'll reiterate, for most of America's existence, it was seen as righteous to work hard, make money and better the lives of you, your family and those in which the business employs. People were celebrated for doing such. If people or companies chose to give back to the communities from which they profited, they were celebrated even more. But this new fad of imposing obligations of social responsibility onto companies is all the rage now. People are actually looked down upon for making too much money. It's bizarre.

A business has no obligation other than to provide the goods and services as they say they do. That's it. That's all. And that's the way it should be.

Charity/philanthropy is volunteer. That's how it's always been and how it should be. Sure, we want people to be philanthropic but we should never pressure people into it. It's not charity at that point.
At least you read enough to feel the need to reiterate. What you wrote above, I basically agree with it, entirely!

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

It's rare that anyone here does. He thinks it's because he's intellectually superior to all of us when in reality, he's kind of a moron who dreams up these weird, utopian existences and thinks they're (1) doable and (2) that other people want it. If you're not pointing and making fun of him, it's best to just ignore his garble.

It's rare that anyone here does. He thinks it's because he's intellectually superior to all of us when in reality, he's kind of a moron who dreams up these weird, utopian existences and thinks they're (1) doable and (2) that other people want it. If you're not pointing and making fun of him, it's best to just ignore his garble.
You say this about Strum, GT, me, etc. Sorry, it's you. You lack the ability to infer, or connect the dots or something. I guess it takes two to tango, but you're part of the prob.

You say this about Strum, GT, me, etc. Sorry, it's you. You lack the ability to infer, or connect the dots or something. I guess it takes two to tango, but you're part of the prob.

I get everyone else’s messages with no issue, which would indicate it is indeed you where the problem lies.

That's the "general thought?" Whew! Good to know. You're at the crossroads of intellectual commonality- rural, southern Virginia. So, your finger must be on the pulse of the "general thought." And, sharing objective sources as much as you do! lol

It must have just started- like, maybe in the last few seconds- where making as much money as possible is discouraged. The general thought is the polar opposite of that. Making as much money as possible is the fuel, the engine, and the exhaust of the human experience.

"The American Way" is just another platitude that can be used to describe basically anything that someone who claims to be "American" wants it to include. Kinda like "American Exceptionalism." It's just some nationalist drum that people beat to death.
dude, if anyone speaks for the average American and American society from a vantage point somewhere out beyond Neptune, it's you.

@gunslingerdick has a very valid point. The fact is that most people don't understand the exceedingly simple objective of business and how it needs to be achieved. At one time, the bottom line and staying within the law was all that a business needed to concern itself with, and staying streamlined and efficient to that end was important not just for the business but for our economy as well.

Now it's expected of business to concern itself with societal issues, and it's ludicrous for business...private concerns...to be saddled with and to saddle itself with anything that detracts from profitability. But that IS what is becoming more and more expected. And imposed.

dude,if anyone speaks for the average American and American society from a vantage point somewhere out beyond Neptune, it's you.

@gunslingerdick has a very valid point. The fact is that most people don't understand the exceedingly simple objective of business and how it needs to be achieved. At one time, the bottom line and staying within the law was all that a business needed to concern itself with, and staying streamlined and efficient to that end was important not just for the business but for our economy as well.

Now it's expected of business to concern itself with societal issues, and it's ludicrous for business...private concerns...to be saddled with and to saddle itself with anything that detracts from profitability. But that IS what is becoming more and more expected. And imposed.

tenor.gif

Reactions: bluetoe
we're all part of the problem, because we all find our own dots and then we connect them our own way (or the way we're told). The thing about @gunslingerdick's dot-connecting though is that unlike yours, his seem to be from actual observation and not from some agenda he's pushing. I find his to be more reliably closer to the plain truth and less like someone trying to sell me something I don't want or need.

And as far as @strummingram is concerned, him connecting dots sensibly is like that spider they gave LSD to...

Copy-of-Rating-Overlay-FEATURED-IMG-1.png

From the above, I would infer...connect the dots is you will...that he does LSD, marijuana, and caffeine before he posts.

we're all part of the problem, because we all find our own dots and then we connect them our own way (or the way we're told). The thing about @gunslingerdick's dot-connecting though is that unlike yours, his seem to be from actual observation and not from some agenda he's pushing. I find his to be more reliably closer to the plain truth and less like someone trying to sell me something I don't want or need.

And as far as @strummingram is concerned, him connecting dots sensibly is like that spider they gave LSD to...

Copy-of-Rating-Overlay-FEATURED-IMG-1.png

From the above, I would infer...connect the dots is you will...that he does LSD, marijuana, and caffeine before he posts.
Good call... you guys never push an agenda! lol

By the way, I have been sober as a judge since 1988. I even cut-out caffeine in 2014. So, you can keep being wrong when trying to presume I'm a drug/chemical user. I guess it is possible that what I did from 1984-88 may have broadened some vistas, but... not since then.

dude, if anyone speaks for the average American and American society from a vantage point somewhere out beyond Neptune, it's you.

No, it's not. Drama queens, both of yutes.

By the way, I have been sober as a judge since 1988. I even cut-out caffeine in 2014. So, you can keep being wrong when trying to presume I'm a drug/chemical user. I guess it is possible that what I did from 1984-88 may have broadened some vistas, but... not since then.

Fine, it’s not drugs. You obviously have a mental disorder. Better?

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
Teach them to laugh it off if they are feeling picked on, and even join in the fun, and next thing you know they are the cool kid and in the in crowd.
abc637228103927b9184f9d6b8638e7e_w200.gif

Sorry but that bit about "the cool kid in the in-crowd" really cracks me up, especially coming from you. As if.

abc637228103927b9184f9d6b8638e7e_w200.gif

Sorry but that bit about "the cool kid in the in-crowd" really cracks me up, especially coming from you. As if.
there are cool kids...and there are ass sniffers. Kids, don't be like Heels Noir, following his tormentor around to smell his ass. Don't demean yourselves that way. Be better. Be something, anything but an ass sniffer like Heels Noir.

go back to using drugs then.

That’s fake too. Was found to be a realtor by the same name.

stopitgetsomehelp.gif

Last edited:
Yes, I remember the cool kids. I also remember the mouthy punks like you who were constantly bullied and grew up to be whiny and mouthy adults.
you always resented us cool kids didn't you? Were you the class dork? It shows in almost every post you make.

Trump knows more than generals AND pharmacologists. And a guy like Navarro should never be in a position to impact public health. No politician should tamper with pub health for political reasons.

what a dick Trump was, pressing the FDA to fast track approval of the vaccines that the lefties are so enamored of. He's a monster, playing politics like that during a crisis that the left overreacted to. What was he trying to do, prevent deaths or something? Let's just go ahead and hang the sonofabitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archer2
what a dick Trump was, pressing the FDA to fast track approval of the vaccines that the lefties are so enamored of. He's a monster, playing politics like that during a crisis that the left overreacted to. What was he trying to do, prevent deaths or something? Let's just go ahead and hang the sonofabitch.
Folks that work on vaccines and vaccine safety ALSO want to prevent deaths asap. The difference is they aren't making decisions based on pandering.

Leave public health decisions to people who aren't going to have agenda that might be a conflict of interest. How is this hard to fathom?

Same goes for pushing hydroxychloroquine (which is largely what my link discusses)

Donald Trump was a dick. When he realized that he nor anyone in his immediate circle had the slightest idea how to properly address or deal with coronavirus, he resorted to any form of deception or flimflam that would benefit him politically. To this day I find it wildly hilarious how his senseless hijinks helped cost him the election.
oh, no doubt, the deception he tried to pull in getting the FDA off their asses so a vaccine was available sooner was just a crime against humanity. I'm sure the perception people have of you has improved tremendously too, with this latest post of yours. Amazing the way you can cut through the bullshit to get to the unbiased, unvarnished truth of the matter like you do.

Donald Trump was a dick. When he realized that he nor anyone in his immediate circle had the slightest idea how to properly address or deal with coronavirus, he resorted to any form of deception or flimflam that would benefit him politically. To this day I find it wildly hilarious how his senseless hijinks helped cost him the election.
Pretty sure Fauci was in that "inner circle" you speak of. Good call. Wonder why the next administration kept that idiot in their circle?

Reactions: Archer2
Folks that work on vaccines and vaccine safety ALSO want to prevent deaths asap. The difference is they aren't making decisions based on pandering.

Leave public health decisions to people who aren't going to have agenda that might be a conflict of interest. How is this hard to fathom?

Same goes for pushing hydroxychloroquine (which is largely what my link discusses)
I applaud you and @Heels Noir for your completely neutral appraisal of Trump's effort to push the FDA toward fast track approval of covid vaccines. Such pandering, cleverly disguised as concern for peoples lives and a president simply doing what a president should do. Let us know if you notice any other such political activity going on since then, maybe even to the tune of trillions of dollars worth of pandering. I've heard rumors, but we rely on you and Heels Noir to pull no punches in your quest to keep the record straight on this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT