ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Another day, another slugfest of personal insults.

Anyone else notice Joe is using his mighty pen to buy votes again?
Another way to look at it is that he's doing what he promised during campaign. I don't like everything he's doing, but I like it when a politician does what they say they'd try to do pre-election.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Expertly timed by the Democrats. Likely could get tossed out in court as an unconstitutional breach of power by Biden, but by the time that all plays out in court, they will have already secured the votes this was intended to buy in the November mid-terms.
I kinda wonder if it will do the opposite and lose votes. Dems are riding high on the Dobbs/abortion stuff and the ability of GQP to look like "big lie" supporters. This is going to piss off a ton of moderates and indys.

because I'm not going to let you steer me into your agenda. There is something called the bigger picture and I want no part of your relentless effort to present only those parts that seem to promote what you want promoted, especially when a likely biased report is the foundation of your post.

Shouldn't I be asking you why you didn't try to present a more balanced, overall picture? Shouldn't that more balanced picture mention the positive results of meddling in the FDA's business? C'mon man.
This is rich. The link was about hydroxychloroquine. You brought up vaccine-speed instead.... yet i'm i'm the one pushing agenda.

Regardless, in the big, balanced picture pols should stay out of public health in the short-term due to conflict of interest, especially when they're dumbfvcks who surround themselves with grifters.

maybe someday you'll acquire a few more IQ points and realize that my words indicate very plainly that I understood perfectly what you said. Then maybe you'll comprehend that because I'm about a hundred miles ahead of you on average, I anticipated your idiocy and said "He was loudly labeled xenophobic specifically in response to his banning of travel from China into our country"; meaning...for the hard of basic comprehending...that this was not a continuation of what you referenced. Specifically being the key word. Had he not already been labeled xenophobic for other reasons, he would have still been labeled as such regarding China.

For those of us who take great pleasure in picking on the profoundly obnoxious and the utterly dweebish, you are the gift that keeps on giving.
Captain NyQuil strikes again. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

So you liked that Trump did that as well?
You mean "did that sometimes", right? Most politicians break more promises than they keep.

But, yes, it is an admirable quality that Trump said he'd build the wall and actually tried hardest. It was only nine miles but you can't blame his lack of effort. Maybe in 24 he'll drain the swamp, appoint that special prosecutor to 'lock her up', and show his taxes.

You mean "did that sometimes", right? Most politicians break more promises than they keep.

But, yes, it is an admirable quality that Trump said he'd build the wall and actually tried hardest. It was only nine miles but you can't blame his lack of effort. Maybe in 24 he'll drain the swamp, appoint that special prosecutor to 'lock her up', and show his taxes.

He also promised to make liberals lose their minds. And judging by your poasts, he didn't disappoint.

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
Captain NyQuil strikes again. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
lol, for those of us who take great pleasure in picking on the profoundly obnoxious and the utterly dweebish, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

You conveniently left out appointing conservatives to the SC, lowering taxes, energy independence, take no salary, ban on new regulations, approve keystone, etc................

Reactions: Archer2
maybe someday you'll acquire a few more IQ points and realize that my words indicate very plainly that I understood perfectly what you said. Then maybe you'll comprehend that because I'm about a hundred miles ahead of you on average, I anticipated your idiocy and said "He was loudly labeled xenophobic specifically in response to his banning of travel from China into our country"; meaning...for the hard of basic comprehending...that this was not a continuation of what you referenced. Specifically being the key word. Had he not already been labeled xenophobic for other reasons, he would have still been labeled as such regarding China.

For those of us who take great pleasure in picking on the profoundly obnoxious and the utterly dweebish, you are the gift that keeps on giving.
This is a classic example of the stupid game you play here. It took you well over an hour to respond with some dumb shit about using the word "specifically." It doesn't even matter because to my claim that the word xenophobia was initiated before Trump's China ban, your response was, "wrong, fart-breath."

Instead of admitting that you misspoke and were WRONG, or better yet simply saying nothing at all, you come up with this completely irrelevant bull shit post above.

In between posting I'll bet you argue over trivial crap with your own shadow.

This is rich. The link was about hydroxychloroquine. You brought up vaccine-speed instead.... yet i'm i'm the one pushing agenda.

Regardless, in the big, balanced picture pols should stay out of public health in the short-term due to conflict of interest, especially when they're dumbfvcks who surround themselves with grifters.
I'm the one asking you why I have to post the rest of the picture that you neglect to do in furtherance of your agenda. My posts balances things out a little. You seem to have a problem with the fair and balanced part.

And you keep harping on your theme of don't f with the public health bureaucracy as you downplay the fact that f'ing with the public health bureaucracy got the covid vaccines approved WAY faster.

Yeah, I'd say you have an agenda. I'd say I'm trying be more fair than that.

This is a classic example of the stupid game you play here. It took you well over an hour to respond with some dumb shit about using the word "specifically." It doesn't even matter because to my claim that the word xenophobia was initiated before Trump's China ban, your response was, "wrong, fart-breath."

Instead of admitting that you misspoke and were WRONG, or better yet simply saying nothing at all, you come up with this completely irrelevant bull shit post above.

In between posting I'll bet you argue over trivial crap with your own shadow.
yes, the 'stupid game' I play of exposing you as a lying jackass. And counting the time between my posts? My gawd, the BDS is strong in you.

Why don't you just address my post instead of talking about my post. I know why and so do you. You can not acknowledge that it doesn't matter that Trump was called xenophobic before the China travel ban, because he was called xenophobic in response TO the China travel ban, and that had nothing to do with previous incidents. THAT is what you don't want to admit because then you libtards look like the hypocrites that you are.

It's hilarious that you actually think your deceitfully shortened recap of my post has anyone fooled. You're a pathetic loser, and everyone here but @prlyles knows it. And he probably knows it but just won't admit it..

I'm the one asking you why I have to post the rest of the picture that you neglect to do in furtherance of your agenda. My posts balances things out a little. You seem to have a problem with the fair and balanced part.

And you keep harping on your theme of don't f with the public health bureaucracy as you downplay the fact that f'ing with the public health bureaucracy got the covid vaccines approved WAY faster.

You say "Shouldn't that more balanced picture mention the positive results of meddling in the FDA's business?"

My answer is that his meddling was a negative. What were the positive results? He objected to the 60 days stuff, for no good reason, and ultimately was ignored. Politicians should NEVER meddle in public health if/when there is a conflict of interest. Leave their business in the hands of people who simply want good public health.

And btw it kinda sounds like you are exonerating Trump's ignorant, meritless push for hydroxych because he pushed for vaccine approval short-cuts. Hydroxch has been proven useless, wasteful and distracting from drugs and treatments that worked. He only pushed it because some quacks told him to.

And btw it kinda sounds like you are exonerating Trump's ignorant, meritless push for hydroxych because he pushed for vaccine approval short-cuts. Hydroxch has been proven useless, wasteful and distracting from drugs and treatments that worked. He only pushed it because some quacks told him to.
I don't know or care what it sounds like to you, because it sounds like to me that you are frustrated over not being able to push your agenda here. I also couldn't care less about your hydroxy-whatever. Back when this stuff was being more hotly debated, I posted that anyone taking medical advice from a president needs his head examined. I stand by that.

And no matter how you try to warp it or morph it, as I have said several times already I just wanted to provide the balance that you...as usual...fail to provide. No matter how many times you come back to this hoping for a different response, you'll just keep getting the same one.

So much for your tired old Trump-defense bullshit. I defend him when he's attacked unreasonably and I don't when he isn't. What else ya got?

I don't know or care what it sounds like to you, because it sounds like to me that you are frustrated over not being able to push your agenda here. I also couldn't care less about your hydroxy-whatever. Back when this stuff was being more hotly debated, I posted that anyone taking medical advice from a president needs his head examined. I stand by that.

And no matter how you try to warp it or morph it, as I have said several times already I just wanted to provide the balance that you...as usual...fail to provide. No matter how many times you come back to this hoping for a different response, you'll just keep getting the same one.

So much for your tired old Trump-defense bullshit. I defend him when he's attacked unreasonably and I don't when he isn't. What else ya got?
What was the "positive" balance you are trying to find? Trump wanted to rush the FDA's testing timelines (to ensure the vaccines were safe) and they told him to F off. He wanted approval before Nov 3rd, but his meddling had no effect!

And you are confusing the success and speed of Operation Warp speed with the FDA approval timelines. Warp speed was about $ for creation, manufacturing and distribution, which everyone applauds, but had nothing do with his FDA meddling which you commented on initially.

The more I read your posts the more I'm reminded of this
FYWY6ccWIAAuhO2

I kinda wonder if it will do the opposite and lose votes. Dems are riding high on the Dobbs/abortion stuff and the ability of GQP to look like "big lie" supporters. This is going to piss off a ton of moderates and indys.
This is true. I have to imagine no-degree labor union Dems aren't too happy about it either. The "worker's party" is making the workers pay for College Boy's degree.

What was the "positive" balance you are trying to find? Trump wanted to rush the FDA's testing timelines (to ensure the vaccines were safe) and they told him to F off. He wanted approval before Nov 3rd, but his meddling had no effect!

And you are confusing the success and speed of Operation Warp speed with the FDA approval timelines. Warp speed was about $ for creation, manufacturing and distribution, which everyone applauds, but had nothing do with his FDA meddling which you commented on initially.

The more I read your posts the more I'm reminded of this
FYWY6ccWIAAuhO2
where did the word 'positive' come from? Oh I see, another of your tricks. You insert words that you can then argue against. All I said was balance. Balance is fair, and I said that too.

And you diddle with the word meddling as well. All you ever have to offer in argument seems to be rhetorical bullshit that paints a narrow picture that slants an argument to your agenda. How about some plain old black and white discussion of the facts that paints the entire picture. The fact is that the vaccines were approved by the FDA in record time, and you can and will argue that Trump had nothing to do with that all you care to. But I think you know it isn't coincidental to his 'meddling'.

Operation warp speed was not what I was talking about because operation warp speed was not what YOU were talking about. YOU were talking about meddling in the FDA. Remember?

What else ya got?

ETA...I see where I used the term positive; positive results, not positive balance.

Last edited:
This is true. I have to imagine no-degree labor union Dems aren't too happy about it either. The "worker's party" is making the workers pay for College Boy's degree.
Yeah... I'm not really in agreement with this "your debts are paid for free" crap. But, I'm sure there's a foolproof bureaucratic chutes-and-ladders game that will clear-up all of the potential "cheaters."

You paid the ticket, you ride the ride. I'm not terribly familiar with it all, but was someone selling these people a gimmick, like the sub-prime mortgages in 2006 and 07?

Yeah... I'm not really in agreement with this "your debts are paid for free" crap. But, I'm sure there's a foolproof bureaucratic chutes-and-ladders game that will clear-up all of the potential "cheaters."

You paid the ticket, you ride the ride. I'm not terribly familiar with it all, but was someone selling these people a gimmick, like the sub-prime mortgages in 2006 and 07?

Somewhat similar. You’ve got an entire generation that were told they needed to go to college and that there would be a good job waiting for them on the other side. The value of a degree was grossly exaggerated much like how people were told the value of those houses would only go up.

They were also not taught about finance or the specifics of students loans like the interest rates or inability to file for bankruptcy. Kinda like how people didn’t really understand ARMs.

Operation warp speed was not what I was talking about because operation warp speed was not what YOU were talking about. YOU were talking about meddling in the FDA. Remember?
Then what were you talking about when you said "covid vaccines approved WAY faster." I ask because his FDA meddling discussed by the subcomit didn't make the FDA budge, they didn't change their timeline, nothing was quickened by his attempt to meddle.
where did the word 'positive' come from? Oh I see, another of your tricks. You insert words that you can then argue against. All I said was balance. Balance is fair, and I said that too.

ETA...I see where I used the term positive; positive results, not positive balance.
Where were the positive results? He pushed and got rejected.

Somewhat similar. You’ve got an entire generation that were told they needed to go to college and that there would be a good job waiting for them on the other side. The value of a degree was grossly exaggerated much like how people were told the value of those houses would only go up.

They were also not taught about finance or the specifics of students loans like the interest rates or inability to file for bankruptcy. Kinda like how people didn’t really understand ARMs.
Did they forgive the foreclosures? I'm guessing the answer is N-O!

That's another thing about this government that proves that D's and R's are window dressing. When the 2008 financial bomb was dropped, not a single oligarch that pressed the launch button was arrested, indicted, or hanged in the public square. The Obama Administration let them all walk and keep doing whatever they wanted to do... to a point. In fact, he put a few in his administration!

If the powers that be think it will appease the peasants to throw them some crumbs... yippee!

Voting is meaningless. You get a bowl of shit looking at itself in the mirror every time. (Lewis Black)

ARMS people were kinda screwed, as were some students, as are people who live in hurricane country and keep rebuilding their homes. Lots of American brethren need financial help from our shared pool of resources. I personally feel like the "help" should be much more targeted. No likey.

Did they forgive the foreclosures? I'm guessing the answer is N-O!

That's another thing about this government that proves that D's and R's are window dressing. When the 2008 financial bomb was dropped, not a single oligarch that pressed the launch button was arrested, indicted, or hanged in the public square. The Obama Administration let them all walk and keep doing whatever they wanted to do... to a point. In fact, he put a few in his administration!

If the powers that be think it will appease the peasants to throw them some crumbs... yippee!

Voting is meaningless. You get a bowl of shit looking at itself in the mirror every time. (Lewis Black)
Lots of people were bailed out home-loan-wise. I have a friend, that I wanted to punch, who knew he was underwater and intentionally stopped paying him mortgage knowing he'd be bailed out.

There are some people who are at least pushing legislation to correct some of that 08 stuff - Elizabeth Warren for example is a massive proponent of consumer financial protection.

Lots of people were bailed out home-loan-wise. I have a friend, that I wanted to punch, who knew he was underwater and intentionally stopped paying him mortgage knowing he'd be bailed out.
Here are two things that I'm still wondering.

1- I think there should be some kind of accountability by those who took advantage of the people to begin with? The shysters?

2- You can bail people out, but we still have a system in-place that encourages more shysters to come along and prey on a new batch, or the same batch, of people who are, apparently, lacking the skills to know they're being conned.

There are some people who are at least pushing legislation to correct some of that 08 stuff - Elizabeth Warren for example is a massive proponent of consumer financial protection.
I know she likes to give the appearance that she's all about protecting the people from the evils of the corporate oligarchy. But, I'm not 100% sold on the reality of it. Not to mention, actually DOING THAT is a pretty tall order.

Reactions: blazers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT