ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

There's a potential for a new ... Product. Trump-stones. Trump caskets, too. Have his smiling, big head emblazoned on the casket with his serial killer autograph. Then a Trump tombstone and photo-op with the former president giving a tiny thumbs up. A very tiny thumb, but it's his thumb.

$19,999.99

Not a bad deal. Funeral business is an excellent investment.

WTF, what kind of God Damn idiot gives a thumbs up at the gravesite of dead servicemen?

OMG, someone didn't act in a prescribed, regimented way. WTF? The son-of-a-bitch actually ACTED NATURALLY. Who the F does he think he is to ignore the conformist stupidity that rains down on all of us constantly and that causes us to believe there is a right way and a wrong way to be applied variably according to what we think of whoever's mere presence happens to be currently offending us..

OMG, someone didn't act in a prescribed, regimented way. WTF? The son-of-a-bitch actually ACTED NATURALLY. Who the F does he think he is to ignore the conformist stupidity that rains down on all of us constantly and that causes us to believe there is a right way and a wrong way to be applied variably according to what we think of whoever's mere presence happens to be currently offending us..
Don't for get the families, look at their hands.

Reactions: bluetoe
Not a bad deal. Funeral business is an excellent investment.
I like Trump OK but for that kind of money, I'm getting Elizabeth Hurley to grace my deadness that way. Hell, in times past the deceased's head knocker's attendants would have put her in the casket built for two with him. I damn sure can't afford that.

People die every day.
and there is already an entire industry thriving on the grief of losing a loved one. Why would we complain about one more cashing in?

Reactions: nctransplant
Are you trolling?

Beetlejuice is genius. Michael Keaton is one of the most underrated actors of my life and his performance in that movie is brilliant.
true but we shouldn't fail to mention the genius behind that and everything else he's done....Tim Burton. I love it all.

true but we shouldn't fail to mention the genius behind that and everything else he's done....Tim Burton. I love it all.
One of my all-time favorite TB films is Ed Wood. I didn't even see it until the 2010's, but after watching it once or twice, I have been hooked. Martin Landau and Bill Murray owned their roles. I dunno if Johnny Depp portrayed Ed Wood accurately, but that's the only way I wanna imagine the real Ed Wood.

I think the best line is when G.D. Spradlin baptizes Bill Murray in the pool ("Do you reject Satan and all his evils?") and Murray simply replies "Sure..." before getting dunked.

glancing at his watch like he didn't have time to honor the dead that he was responsible for? I'm getting out of the way because when @prlyles sees this, I'm sure his condemnation will be earth-shakingly ferocious.

No wait, his apologists explained it. He was looking at the watch his son gave him, the son who had also been on the front lines and who subsequently died of something else.

One of my all-time favorite TB films is Ed Wood. I didn't even see it until the 2010's, but after watching it once or twice, I have been hooked. Martin Landau and Bill Murray owned their roles. I dunno if Johnny Depp portrayed Ed Wood accurately, but that's the only way I wanna imagine the real Ed Wood.

I think the best line is when G.D. Spradlin baptizes Bill Murray in the pool ("Do you reject Satan and all his evils?") and Murray simply replies "Sure..." before getting dunked.
I channel surf a lot, and I happened on Ed Wood (already in progress) without knowing one thing about it or him. It hooked me right away and I kept wondering who was responsible because it was purely entertaining. And I had no idea who Ed Wood was, but I became an admirer in no time when I realized that his movies and movies like them were what I grew up on. Drive-in, late night kind of stuff. He's one of the reasons why I still prefer low budget films to the overdone glossy star-laden blockbuster bullshit they churn out.

I only saw part of it, but Tim Burton's best, IMO.

Reactions: strummingram

'do I really have a horse face?' LMAO.

• Haha
Reactions: strummingram

'do I really have a horse face?' LMAO.
"What does ostentatious mean?"

"Why would Lugosi wanna DO a sex-change flick?"

Those characters were all based on actual people... even Criswell. I kept saying that line ("I am Criswell") every time I see Jacolby Criswell.

Landau made it. "Karloff does not deserve to smell my shit!"

Burton always had his hottie girlfriends in his films, too. Burton seems like John Derek... he keeps getting older, but the ladies stay the same age. Lisa Marie in this one.

An ex gf turned me on to it. Then, we tried to watch the original Ed Wood films... and, they were just fvcking terrible. I guess a filmmaker like Burton sees things that non-filmmakers don't.

And you people wonder why people hate him so much.

The Beetlejuice (1988)/Ed Wood (1994) comparison clearly shows how far an auteur can come in six short years. Ed Wood is like Citizen Kane when comparing the two. It also helps that the screenplay was written by writers with actual talent.

Alas! Someone gets it!

stupidity so profound it's entertaining.

I have a question. Was that exaggeration or was it lying? Either way, you have to really be trying to cover up some serious bullshit to try to conceal it with even more bullshit.
You people were saying the same thing when people had questions about whether Trump would try to overturn the 2020 election, and this was way before the election.

Reactions: Heels Noir
You people were saying the same thing when people had questions about whether Trump would try to overturn the 2020 election, and this was way before the election.

giphy.webp

• Haha
WTF, what kind of God Damn idiot gives a thumbs up at the gravesite of dead servicemen?

A. Let me point out that many of us have done all kinds of things at gravesites over the years that technically didn't pass the general "appropriateness" test.

B. Why is it that no one ever seems to want to include context anymore? This was not during an actual solemn ceremony and we have no idea what had led up to this photograph in the moments prior to it being taken and the family members are CLEARLY not upset about this happening over the gravesite of their "dead servicemen" family member. This strikes me as the left trying way too hard to make something out of nothing.

A. Let me point out that many of us have done all kinds of things at gravesites over the years that technically didn't pass the general "appropriateness" test.

B. Why is it that no one ever seems to want to include context anymore? This was not during an actual solemn ceremony and we have no idea what had led up to this photograph in the moments prior to it being taken and the family members are CLEARLY not upset about this happening over the gravesite of their "dead servicemen" family member. This strikes me as the left trying way too hard to make something out of nothing.
Not only the above but the family invited him there. Where were the 2 responsible for the deaths? One was probably giving head and the other was soaking up the rays and drooling by the beach.

OK, I'll play along. Give an example of a when a thumbs up would be appropriate at the grave of a dead serviceman.

I have a question. Was that exaggeration or was it lying? Either way, you have to really be trying to cover up some serious bullshit to try to conceal it with even more bullshit.
They are portraying a scene based on what Project 25 wants, which is government to monitor pregnancy for fears over abortion. It is exaggeration, not bullshit.

On the topic of what Project 25 wants... ->

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT