ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

you seem to think Trump is a more effective orator
This has become a habit. Instead of reading what was actually written, you reply with words like "you seem to think" or "this sounds like" or "what you're saying is" or some other nonsense that allows you to twist one's words to fit YOUR desired agenda. However, YOUR supposition is far different from reality and you don't get away that easily with the deflection attempts. Remember, reading is your friend and you are either not understanding simple words or you are doing this on purpose. I think it's the latter.

Just like I never said Trump was well-spoken in the last post you attempted to manipulate, I never said above that Trump was "a more effective orator". Your constant attempt to avoid the actual point speaks about its validity. The fact is that Trump often engages in public appearances where he speaks spontaneously and off the cuff. That is, he goes off the script. The fact is that KH rarely engages in public appearances where she speaks spontaneously and off the cuff. That is, she stays on script.

You can try again to twist that into whatever narrative you desire and we can debate effectiveness from a campaign standpoint, but it does not change the facts that Trump speaks openly and relentlessly (sometimes to his detriment) while Kamala has proven only to be a great actress/news anchor reading her teleprompter. Obviously, those things both have pluses and minuses. However, there are a few certainties that can be drawn. The biggest takeaway and the entire point of this line of discussion is that KH has handlers who will not allow her to do anything but read a prewritten script that surely has been polled and focus grouped to death. She also apparently has low self confidence or she would take those opportunities to engage regardless of what she is being instructed to do.

I'll tell you right now, I won't argue this point to the bitter end because 1) I don't give much of a damn about what happens in the Middle East
You should. It impacts us greatly.
, and 2) I'm not well-informed about the current state of affairs over there (see my first point). Despite all of this, like many/most Americans, I support Israel's right to exist and defend itself. I have Jewish friends and coworkers and I never bring up Middle East politics with them because I don't want that to shape our friendship.
I don't think you are alone on these points. My guess is that most of your Jewish friends/coworkers are extremely supportive of Israel and the war against the various factions, but will be split on Netanyahu. And that isn't even just based on current events as he has always been a such a figure who elicits such reactions.
What I do know regarding Oct. 7 and the fallout since I've seen on television (from both the mainstream media and occasionally FOX News.) Below I will link a few articles I found with minimal effort that suggest Netanyahu bears some of the blame for the Oct. 7 attack,
This is likely always the case with any such events and he along with all leadership should be looked at.
but what I really don't like about him these days as a world leader has been the indiscriminate bombing of innocent populations in Gaza.
THIS is something which I seriously have to question. Exactly where are you getting the evidence for such claims? Other than terrorists, what are your sources? Are you on campuses protesting and shouting "From the river to the sea" as well? If one's enemies choose to hide behind civilians, how does one attack that enemy without that innocent shield being attacked as well? You do realize that the IDF isn't just randomly bombing hospitals and such because it gains them popularity don't you?
Another thing that bothers me is those on the right trying to place the blame for this current Middle East conflict on Joe Biden.
Regardless of his weakness/fragility/senility and all the things that flow out of that, there is very strong evidence that good ole Joe is directly responsible. There is no question that Joe's actions have benefit Iran economically and there is also very little question that they are behind the funding of these various groups. I know you are not a rocket scientist, but this is not that hard. Biden is, of course, not entirely responsible, but he certainly has played his role in these events.
If it were up to me, America would cut all ties with these countries and allow them to sacrifice each other in the name of God/Allah and be done with it.
Careful. That's not the current D playbook to be involved in as much foreign conflict as possible. And, woops, staying out of such things sounds awfully close to Big T's attitude about such things.
But I realize it's not quite that simple.
It never is.

I didn't say that you said it. I wrote that is seems like that's what you think based on comments like this:
You can pretend and fantasize all you want, but no such words were written. No judgment on quality was expressed or implied. I could think he is a bad orator from what was said there. You IMAGINED that implication. I simply said he has diarrhea of the mouth quite often and she reads what she is permitted to read. That says NOTHING about my opinion of their capabilities.

However, and this is the point you never want to admit, it does say volumes about her handlers' opinion of her abilities.

Regardless of his weakness/fragility/senility and all the things that flow out of that, there is very strong evidence that good ole Joe is directly responsible.
Okay, it's your turn. Can you share a sample of this "very strong evidence"? Propagandist articles from sources such as FOX News will be laughed at rather than read.
You can pretend and fantasize all you want, but no such words were written. No judgment on quality was expressed or implied. I could think he is a bad orator from what was said there. You IMAGINED that implication. I simply said he has diarrhea of the mouth quite often and she reads what she is permitted to read. That says NOTHING about my opinion of their capabilities.

However, and this is the point you never want to admit, it does say volumes about her handlers' opinion of her abilities.
Whatever. It certainly reads like that is what you're implying. I guess you lack ability when it comes to effectively expressing yourself through the written word, eh?

As for Kamala's handlers reining in their candidate, they certainly let her run wild during the debate.

Okay, it's your turn. Can you share a sample of this "very strong evidence"? Propagandist articles from sources such as FOX News will be laughed at rather than read.
Well, we know that you don't actually read things, or at least comprehend them, so what would be the point. If you are at a level that you need to be convinced that Iran hasn't been behind these events in terms of funding, supplies, and tactical support; and that Biden's policies have not benefitted Iran financially, there really is no point. Either you are an ostrich or you are just that dumb. I'll let you pick, but I've got strong money on one of them.

Regarding tonight's VP debate, don't expect much attempt at fairness per this article. I know, I know, it's all slanted. So, let's see the equivalent analysis from the other side. Here's the summary:

"By any historical measure, campaign coverage on the CBS Evening News is wildly imbalanced this year (just not as ridiculous as on ABC). We’ll soon find out if it means another lopsided debate, with a pair of liberal anchors joining the Democratic candidate in a three-on-one debate with the sole Republican on stage."

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ri...ate-host-cbs-wildly-slanted-favor-harris-walz

He probably can't read these.

I'm aware of the policy actions of Joe Biden involving Iran. That's not what I asked for, dumbass.

What I am asking from pooptard is the "very strong evidence" that these policy actions played a role on Oct. 7, specifically as it pertains to the Israeli military being caught completely off guard and unprepared for this attack.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nctransplant

Well, he can, but he won't. He'll also argue that this proves nothing as far as the money actually funding Israel's enemies coming from Iran. Because, you know, they would obviously write a check for it and show it to us when it cleared the bank. So, he'll say, no check, no proof. And, he'll end it by claiming that it seems like you are saying you support Israel's random killing of Palestinians.

Well, he can, but he won't. He'll also argue that this proves nothing as far as the money actually funding Israel's enemies coming from Iran. Because, you know, they would obviously write a check for it and show it to us when it cleared the bank. So, he'll say, no check, no proof. And, he'll end it by claiming that it seems like you are saying you support Israel's random killing of Palestinians.
You assume a lot.

Are you clowns still whining about Kamala mopping the floor with Trump during the debate?!
Yes, yes, we all know you saw it that way. Where's your big bounce with all those undecided independents since you are so sure she mopped the floor with him? The stuff I saw agreed that she "won" in the overall sense, but viewers also saw that it wasn't without an assist and surely was not due to her brilliance. Much like you've certainly heard complained about more than once on a personal level, those who matter where left wanting more and it did nothing for them.

And despite all the puffery about it, she wouldn't agree to the debate on Fox, she only has done limited interviews with hand-picked situations, and she STILL has not done a press conference. You would think that someone with such an incredible skillset who just "mopped the floor with Trump" would be chomping at the bit to take every chance she had to do it again and again. It's been more than three weeks and you still only have that to go back to? Fine. From now on, we'll insert "But the debate" as your response.

• Haha
Not only is Trump politicizing a natural disaster, he's also lying through his teeth.

He never misses a chance to be an asshole. He sets the standard. He can't be a part of anything where the main focus isn't about him. It's pretty amazing how a person can almost revel in their own lack of empathy. People who support him are forced to cover and make excuses for it, and, in some cases, even admire him for it.

From what I've seen, the response has been quick and thorough on all levels - village, county, city, state and federal. It's been a spontaneous helping hand.

Reactions: Heels Noir
Yes, yes, we all know you saw it that way. Where's your big bounce with all those undecided independents since you are so sure she mopped the floor with him? The stuff I saw agreed that she "won" in the overall sense, but viewers also saw that it wasn't without an assist and surely was not due to her brilliance. Much like you've certainly heard complained about more than once on a personal level, those who matter where left wanting more and it did nothing for them.

And despite all the puffery about it, she wouldn't agree to the debate on Fox, she only has done limited interviews with hand-picked situations, and she STILL has not done a press conference. You would think that someone with such an incredible skillset who just "mopped the floor with Trump" would be chomping at the bit to take every chance she had to do it again and again. It's been more than three weeks and you still only have that to go back to? Fine. From now on, we'll insert "But the debate" as your response.
He's conflicted right now, you know, redefining masculinity and all.

Yeah, me and untold millions of others. Admit it, your boy got his ass handed to him by a woman, and not just a woman but a *gasp* black woman.
Careful, using terms like "your boy" is unintentionally revealing according to some. But then, you confirmed your focus when you explicitly pointed out KH's immutable characteristics. But as @nctransplant pointed out, your uses in the very same sentence do seem conflicted. Tell me, if someone does something good or bad, why does it matter to you if they are black or white or male or female? It's the policies stupid. Now, when KH actually stops changing around from her lifetime positions, settles on things and let's us know what they are, get back to us.

Careful, using terms like "your boy" is unintentionally revealing according to some. But then, you confirmed your focus when you explicitly pointed out KH's immutable characteristics. But as @nctransplant pointed out, your uses in the very same sentence do seem conflicted. Tell me, if someone does something good or bad, why does it matter to you if they are black or white or male or female? It's the policies stupid. Now, when KH actually stops changing around from her lifetime positions, settles on things and let's us know what they are, get back to us.
vMLAw5.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT