ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington OV

Not taking sides on this here, all I will say is it has been a real eye opener since joining premium board, because there is HUGE disconnect between the info that comes along on there and what some posters on THR percieve to be happening... thats all I will say.

Could not agree more with this. THR is in a whole other galaxy.

u can be a non starter and play twenty min a game and be a first rd pick. Its happened. U can play 40 min a gm and avg 25 pts and not even be drafted. Im sure most recruits want max play time but its certainly not the end all factor in where theyll be drafted. I would rather be the first player off the bench at ky or unc or dook and compete for a natty rather than be the star player for auburn or south carolina and wallow in obscurity and exit the tourney early if u even make it.

You may well be right here HMW ( I haven't researched this), but can you give me some examples of guys who played 40min (or close) and averaged 25 a game who were not drafted? And remember, we are discussing Div 1 contender teams/players here, not guys playing for Catawba College or UNCC.

Didn't call you stupid, I said you say stupid things. Two different things.

We get it, you stand by your opinions. But do you have to sound like a jerk to the people who work hard to give us info while supporting your opinion?

Yes you did call me stupid, don't run away from your insults now, just as you are on a insult dave roll! And there was your next one, calling me a jerk, can't wait to see the next insulting diddy you lob my way. Hey, if you start running low on dave insults, let me know, I will give you a few to test out! LOL

Yes you did call me stupid, don't run away from your insults now, just as you are on a insult dave roll! And there was your next one, calling me a jerk, can't wait to see the next insulting diddy you lob my way. Hey, if you start running low on dave insults, let me know, I will give you a few to test out! LOL

Again, I said you didn't have to sound like a jerk. I didn't call you a jerk.

His opinions are fine and I've never gotten on him for giving his opinion. We all give our opinions. Yet none of us feel the need to challenge people to validate hard work they put in to give us real info. Dave is the only one. I'm simply curious as to why he feels he's above all of us and deserves it.

Jmho but I think you're overreacting a bit. Now i place more cred with clint than anyone, but its not disrespectful to challenge him or anyone to back up their opinion.

(Following is not directed at u but a general statement)

And everyone's talking about pj's father this and that, well clints source doesnt have to be pj's father. u know hes cultivated sources within all the major schools' programs. Could very well be one of those within ky's program WHOM HAS EARNED CLINTS TRUST has told him something.

One thing for sure, the vast majority of the time when the truth comes out after the commit, the way the recruitments played out over the year or so leading up to the commit rarely IF EVER matches the way it was portrayed in chat rooms with so and so leading early and now this school is surging yadda yadda.

Reactions: gary-7
His opinions are fine and I've never gotten on him for giving his opinion. We all give our opinions. Yet none of us feel the need to challenge people to validate hard work they put in to give us real info. Dave is the only one. I'm simply curious as to why he feels he's above all of us and deserves it.
C'mom man. You are both valuable members here, whose posts (unlike too many here) are worth reading.

As for this current dispute, I have very high regard for Clint, Rob. et al, but at the same time the info they pick up may have flaws at its source. Things like that happen often in the convoluted world of recruiting and pointing that out is no crime, nor is it an insult to good analysts doing their jobs.

Again, I said you didn't have to sound like a jerk. I didn't call you a jerk.
Ah but ya did, come on man, you can insult better than that, ya already repeating yourself? FRESH MATERIAL, damit man, if ya going to take on the task of insulting me asking for fresh material is not asking to much.

Jmho but I think you're overreacting a bit. Now i place more cred with clint than anyone, but its not disrespectful to challenge him or anyone to back up their opinion.

And everyone's talking about pj's father this and that, well clints source doesnt have to be pj's father. u know hes cultivated sources within all the major schools' programs. Could very well be one of those within ky's program WHOM HAS EARNED CLINTS TRUST has told him something.

One thing for sure, the vast majority of the time when the truth comes out after the commit, the way the recruitments played out over the year or so leading up to the commit rarely IF EVER matches the way it was portrayed in chat rooms with so and so leading early and now this school is surging yadda yadda.
Well said all around.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
C'mom man. You are both valuable members here, whose posts (unlike too many here) are worth reading.

As for this current dispute, I have very high regard for Clint, Rob. et al, but at the same time the info they pick up may have flaws at its source. Things like that happen often in the convoluted world of recruiting and pointing that out is no crime, nor is it an insult to good analysts doing their jobs.

They definitely get stuff wrong, everyone does. My issue has always been him constantly poking at them to validate their stuff (aka give up sources). They can't do that. He knows that.

Mikey got on him and he apologized. Then went right back to doing it. It bugs me. As soap said so well, we've gotta choose what we let bother us and this one just rubs me the wrong way. But we've beat it to death so I'll stop bringing it up for the betterment of the board.

gary, I have the same high reguard for every member of this staff, I have always tried to bend over backwards to tout their work. This thread I have tried to talk about the thread topic and offer my opinions on it but for some strange reason 1 poster feels he needs to go out of his way to lob a barrage of insults toward me, note how many I have lobbed at him in reply...that would be ZERO. So he feels the need to move away from the discussion that we have been trying to engage in and lob as many insults toward me as he can. So I want to see how many he has and how long he can continue to personally insult me until he realizes that A) I don't care and B) that he is acting less than mature, which is the case when someone has to resort to insults and name calling.

I used to come to THR looking for recruiting info and there were always a few posters who seemed legit and would make predictions and calim to have inside info etc.. which was cool and appreciated but...in the end usually turned out to be false. Like I said, I joined premium and went through old old threads of players unc was on and recruiting etc..its uncanny how often those guys on that board hit the mark. Again, not dispariging anyone here because its great to have the discussion, but based on what I have read on there, the accuracy with which they predict(ed) things is pretty astounding.... just food for thought.

Reactions: Steat
They definitely get stuff wrong, everyone does. My issue has always been him constantly poking at them to validate their stuff (aka give up sources). They can't do that. He knows that.

Mikey got on him and he apologized. Then went right back to doing it. It bugs me. As soap said so well, we've gotta choose what we let bother us and this one just rubs me the wrong way. But we've beat it to death so I'll stop bringing it up for the betterment of the board.
Fair enough. I just want the good posters here to get along. It's a valuable commodity.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Well said, Soap. We choose to allow people to annoy us or get under our skin.
Arch, I agree and I will expand with some additional comments. If I responded to every comment that I disagreed with or when someone criticizes me I would be on the chat board everyday for several hours. I never let negative comments get me down. I have found that just ignoring people is very effective. Some posters want you to take the bait and go back and forth with them. By ignoring them you actually make them look "small".

Now I realize it is a bit thin but I am going to chose your saying I am buggering you and rubbing you as your next set of insults lobbed at me. On to the next one unless you need a break, coming up with really hard hitting insults can be exhausting I guess. LOL

And for the record, I do not agree with Mikey on this point and have said so but that is between Mikey and I, I respect Mikey but on this point I do not agree. And yet I was man enough to apologize in the event any STAFF MEMBER took what I said as an insult.

OK, so back to your insulting me...LOL

Guys-guys-guys!

Let's keep talking recruits and not what everybody else is posting! Opinions are like .................... well you know!

On a side note, I'm reading between the lines, and PJ MAY not want to be a OAD. Anybody else see that? Maybe just my old tired eyes.

Appreciate all y'all and let's talk some Basketball, agree to disagree sometimes and let it go.

Guys-guys-guys!

Let's keep talking recruits and not what everybody else is posting! Opinions are like .................... well you know!

On a side note, I'm reading between the lines, and PJ MAY not want to be a OAD. Anybody else see that? Maybe just my old tired eyes.

Appreciate all y'all and let's talk some Basketball, agree to disagree sometimes and let it go.

Mikey, I don't know that I would phrase it as not wanting to be one & done but more of the ilk that his focus is not on being one & done. I believe his focus for now is on being developed, to be as ready as he can be when he does enter what ever draft he elects to enter. That is son of a coach thinking, he will get to when he leaves when the door is actually there to walk thru or not, for now his focus is making that door open based on his ability to play at the next level. Some recruits seem more focused on being one & done than they do their own team or their own development, example the last drafts 1st pick.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
Feel free to stay there.

I almost decided to take a jab here, but thought better of it.

I trust Clint and Rob. I haven't been here for very long but they've given me no reason to doubt them. We can't just take the intel we're given, and then decide it's flawed because it doesn't fit our narrative of what we want to believe. That's all I'm trying to say.

The indications are that Kentucky is the favorite, but it's also not a done deal. There's a still a chance, and we're also not inside the minds of PJ and his family. PJ would be a great addition to our team, and this is a crucial year for us. It just feels like we're fighting against a really strong current.

And you can bookmark me again gary. If we got Knox or PJ, I'll never say another negative sentence again.

I trust Clint and Rob. I haven't been here for very long but they've given me no reason to doubt them. We can't just take the intel we're given, and then decide it's flawed because it doesn't fit our narrative of what we want to believe. That's all I'm trying to say.

The indications are that Kentucky is the favorite, but it's also not a done deal. There's a still a chance, and we're also not inside the minds of PJ and his family. PJ would be a great addition to our team, and this is a crucial year for us. It just feels like we're fighting against a really strong current.

And again, you can bookmark me again gary. If we got Knox or PJ, I'll never say another negative sentence again.

As long as there is a chance!

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
Yes, there is a chance here. Hope Roy can work some real magic and shock the Basketball World. PJ would be awesome in Carolina Blue! :)

I feel better about Knox than PJ.

Knox waiting til spring, after what I think JJ will do this season, should put us in a good spot for him to feel like he has a real role here next season.

Why do people keep talking about Preston opening back up his recruitment? He hasn't committed anywhere yet and has USC listed as warmer and 4 more listed as warm (including F#cking moo).

Why do people keep talking about Preston opening back up his recruitment? He hasn't committed anywhere yet and has USC listed as warmer and 4 more listed as warm (including F#cking moo).

Because he had given his list and now he has opened that back up.

I thought usually opening back up a recruitment means you commit somewhere and then back out. But I guess nowadays it means you create a list and then say "oh wait thats not the real list". haha kind of funny.

I thought usually opening back up a recruitment means you commit somewhere and then back out. But I guess nowadays it means you create a list and then say "oh wait thats not the real list". haha kind of funny.
If you reopen to schools previously eliminated it's pretty much the same as decommitting, since you're not really committed til you sign the NLOI anyway.

Where Richards , Preston , Vanderbilt and Bamba go should have a huge influence on where P.J. and Knox go and as it falls out picks will change. I personally don't understand why we aren't in better shape because UNC has the almost guaranteed playing time if these guys live up to their hype.

And this ^^^ has been my point the entire time.

And you can bookmark me again gary. If we got Knox or PJ, I'll never say another negative sentence again.
...and once again the irony is totally lost. SMH.
BTW: What I posted was not a jab --- it was quite serious. I'm well aware of what's being talked about out there, including what's on premium. Perhaps you should confine yourself there --- well, at least until positive news shows up, in which event I'm sure you'll scurry somewhere to hunt for negatives that will, um, match your narrative.

Bottom line is this is big-time recruiting and I don't base my perceptions on what I want to believe. There are positive and negative ebbs and flows endemic in it. The key is to keep it in perspective. It does no good, and in fact harms the discussion when a couple of posters constantly accentuate a negative narrative as opposed to the entirety of the process. Just over the past couple of days I've come across something new that didn't look good about PJ's recruitment, and then something that did. And I seriously doubt Clint or Rob are aware of either. Neither are substantive at this point per se, so I haven't posted them. If either become substantive then I will --- positive or negative.

...and once again the irony is totally lost. SMH.
BTW: What I posted was not a jab --- it was quite serious. I'm well aware of what's being talked about out there, including what's on premium. Perhaps you should confine yourself there --- well, at least until positive news shows up, in which event I'm sure you'll scurry somewhere to hunt for negatives that will, um, match your narrative.

Bottom line is this is big-time recruiting and I don't base my perceptions on what I want to believe. There are positive and negative ebbs and flows endemic in it. The key is to keep it in perspective. It does no good, and in fact harms the discussion when a couple of posters constantly accentuate a negative narrative as opposed to the entirety of the process. Just over the past couple of days I've come across something new that didn't look good about PJ's recruitment, and then something that did. And I seriously doubt Clint or Rob are aware of either. Neither are substantive at this point per se, so I haven't posted them. If either become substantive then I will --- positive or negative.
What would add substance to your PJ news? I'd like to hear both good and bad.

What would add substance to your PJ news? I'd like to hear both good and bad.
It's just stuff at this point that could be totally misconstrued, even by yours truly... or too far removed to even know where it came from. In other words, it doesn't fit the threshold of news. If it's anything of note I'll post it, good or bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT