ADVERTISEMENT

Poast your favorite tweets here

The Chinese hacked the street lights to create a traffic jam preventing people from attending…. a “traffic sham”. The ticket system was rigged by people in Italy to tell people it was sold out. The media conspired and promoted other events to discourage attendance. I’ll link a you tube video of a guy walking down the street which is proof he was intentionally misdirected. The kraken awaits.

Im not sure if you’re being serious or if this is that off brand humor that no one gets yet you still roll it out from time to time. Let me know so I’ll know the appropriate emoji response.

Well I admit it’s pretty hi brow for your liking. Guess I shoulda put a smiley at the end huh?

I don’t think that would have helped. Plus, your humor is apparently so sophisticated that you shouldn’t have to dumb it down with emojis anyway. Keep it up. I’m sure you’ll find some Einstein around here that gets it.

I don’t think that would have helped. Plus, your humor is apparently so sophisticated that you shouldn’t have to dumb it down with emojis anyway. Keep it up. I’m sure you’ll find some Einstein around here that gets it.
Well anything I can do to help you laugh at yourself let me know. I’m here to help.

DimAmusedDrongo-size_restricted.gif

Man as a parent this really gets me. Not making a statement about guns and so on but just being a cry for help from one of your kids.

That's horrible and terrifying and I can't even imagine if I received such a text. I went into the Twitter thread to read more but I never got any indication if this particular kid made it out unscathed. No one died in the shooting, right?

Reactions: heelmanwilm
That's horrible and terrifying and I can't even imagine if I received such a text. I went into the Twitter thread to read more but I never got any indication if this particular kid made it out unscathed. No one died in the shooting, right?
everybody minor injury except for one boy who is out of surgery and in ICU. Perp is in custody, turned himself in. Someone said he was defending himself against multiple assailants who were trying to take his money.....

Man as a parent this really gets me. Not making a statement about guns and so on but just being a cry for help from one of your kids.

totally get it…goes through my mind weekly.

it happened here just two weeks ago…15 yr calls me at lunch about a threat his group of friends was told about…turns out three midlands area schools were being investigated by the “threat” of a shooting from an individual’s facebook page.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
2 words:

Private School

Sure, it can happen at private schools too but it doesn't. If you have the means to put your kids in private school and choose not to, I almost consider that abuse (or neglect). And this comment is prompted less by shootings and more by curriculum.

Sacrifice. Downsize. Go without. Do whatever you have to do to get your kids away from the public school system. It's a f*cking nightmare in many ways. I say all of this as a parent and as someone that works closely with local school systems.

2 words:

Private School

Sure, it can happen at private schools too but it doesn't. If you have the means to put your kids in private school and choose not to, I almost consider that abuse (or neglect). And this comment is prompted less by shootings and more by curriculum.

Sacrifice. Downsize. Go without. Do whatever you have to do to get your kids away from the public school system. It's a f*cking nightmare in many ways. I say all of this as a parent and as someone that works closely with local school systems.
I love this. And - I full disclaimer - am the product of public education through K-12, college, and an MBA.

We chose to educate our 3 kids "at home" through high school, for all the reasons you mentioned above, and more. Our youngest is 16, a junior in high school, so we are nearing end of the road.

I think things have just gotten increasingly worse regarding political and cultural agendas in schools. And risk of violence, etc. I don't blame the teachers at all. I have a ton of respect for them as a group. I have no respect generally for the teachers' unions and many of the administrators. In general, they just use the kids and the schools to gain $ and political influence. They have proven to hardly care about the kids at all.

I put "at home" in quotes above because my wife doesn't actually do much of any of the instruction. It is amazing how much learning can be self-driven, self-taught, by teens. Think about how we learn anything as adults, without having a teacher. The most important part is building discipline, structure, time management, accountability into the kids / students.

The most challenging part actually can be choosing from all the various resources for at home education. My kids have taken classes on-line from basically every corner of the US, including some of the best universities.

Educating at home has been so much more efficient for us, and we feel blessed that we could afford to do it. Kids could get through their classes in 4-5 hours a day, leaving lots of time for sports, music, and to deep dive into subjects they love...much deeper than what is generally offered in public schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT