ADVERTISEMENT

Reported that Simu Shittu canceled his OV

I always felt that November 10th was way too far away compared to the Vandy visit.

Oh well.

Reported? No source, hmm. Not being reported elsewhere, curious.

So he of the unfortunate name will not be a Tar Heel, maybe one day they can rename their basketball arena the "Shittu House that Vandy Built", otherwise known as the "little Tennessean outhouse"? :rolleyes:

Someone enlighten me on the Vandy connection and why they are a player in this... Just curious

UNC Athletics hasn't put anything out, yet.
Why not just say Evan Daniels was reporting it through Scout? Just curious, they seem to make it a big deal but sports outlets aren't jumping all over this. Even in this report, they seem to leave it open, that Vandy is probably his choice but that some "hope" remains for UNC.
I know, not counting on the end of that last sentence above. :mad:

Bigger question: which party cancelled? If it was UNC, maybe they feel good about someone else.

Seems he was always a long shot at best. As I fear are the rest of the class of ‘18. But Luke and the 4 freshmen bigs will be ready by next year to man the 4/5 slots.

Roy and staff are going to be doing more teaching of fundamentals this year than in most. That’s okay, he has some good putty to mold.

I think they have a guard that is friends with the kid that has committed to Vandy

No
What happened with Hamilton? He seemed so high on us. I know Little committing but he has been out of the loop for awhile. Especially since he is an in state kid

What happened with Hamilton? He seemed so high on us. I know Little committing but he has been out of the loop for awhile. Especially since he is an in state kid
Not good enough to spend this scholly on --- it will either be an truly elite prospect or save it.

Not good enough to spend this scholly on --- it will either be an truly elite prospect or save it.
I was never very intrigued by him but I always wondered did we back off? Did he? I see no love from dook. Just 2nd and 3rd tier Division one programs. Makes sense what you said about saving the scholly for someone with a lot more upside and value

I was never very intrigued by him but I always wondered did we back off? Did he? I see no love from dook. Just 2nd and 3rd tier Division one programs. Makes sense what you said about saving the scholly for someone with a lot more upside and value
From what I gleaned we backed off after evaluations.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Only 1 (of 16) predictions has Shittu to UNC - and it's the oldest prediction.

Before Little committed, we had a slight lead over Vandy. Yesterday we were at 25%; today we're at 6%.

Missing on Shittu is a shame. Nearly a perfect fit for us, as far as I could tell (based only on watching his clips).

He would either start for us, or come off the bench and play starter minutes - depending on how our current crop of bigs develops this year. In other words, the next Brandan or the next Marvin. With a good chance of playing on a Final Four team or better.

Why would he think Vandy is a better home?

Missing on Shittu is a shame. Nearly a perfect fit for us, as far as I could tell (based only on watching his clips).

He would either start for us, or come off the bench and play starter minutes - depending on how our current crop of bigs develops this year. In other words, the next Brandan or the next Marvin. With a good chance of playing on a Final Four team or better.

Why would he think Vandy is a better home?
He wants to go where he can be THE man for his one season --- that won't happen here. More power to him. Glad he's going to Vandy instead of one of the usual suspects.

He just didn't have the summer he was expected to, Roy watched and just preferred other kids. Hamilton is a bit of a tweener, he is a 4 that does not have great size but seems to think he is more of a 3 and he just isn't. What Roy is/was looking for was a 4/3, he took a 3/4 in Little but Little is exceptional. I would have taken him early in but now things have changed and I would not spend the scholly for him. With Little , White, and Leaky coming next season we are fine at the 2 & 3 spots and we have our next PG already lined up from 2019. What we need now are game changer 4s and 5s, not settle for 4s and 5s.

Look at it from the perspective of when our (our = UNC, not Maryland) football team scores recruits from 4-stars and the occasional 5-star. Same situation. Sometimes a recruit just feels comfortable at a non-blueblood for one of a myriad of reasons.
Sure, there must be some reason. But what?

Even if he wants to be THE man, he could be that here. Maybe not so easily with Jalek and Little and Coby and some others on the same team, but he'd still be the top-ranked guy on the team - and he either believes in himself or he doesn't.

Maybe he just doesn't think he's good enough to compete against those guys to be best on a really good team. But underestimating yourself isn't usually the problem we see with these top-ranked kids.

Reactions: JakeSarna
He just didn't have the summer he was expected to, Roy watched and just preferred other kids. Hamilton is a bit of a tweener, he is a 4 that does not have great size but seems to think he is more of a 3 and he just isn't. What Roy is/was looking for was a 4/3, he took a 3/4 in Little but Little is exceptional. I would have taken him early in but now things have changed and I would not spend the scholly for him. With Little , White, and Leaky coming next season we are fine at the 2 & 3 spots and we have our next PG already lined up from 2019. What we need now are game changer 4s and 5s, not settle for 4s and 5s.
Thank you

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT