ADVERTISEMENT

Sciencey Stuff

I bought a cheap, tiny drone with simple fwd facing video camera that recorded to SD card. 20 bucks probably. First flight was in my living rm, bumping around, bouncing over stuff.

I took out the SD card, started watching the mp4 and almost vomited due the immediate motion sickness.

I can't quit watching these two vids
you're driving down the street and you notice there's a house coming your way, you might get the feeling you're in for a bad day.

It was defintely a bad day for those unfortunate souls on those boats getting tossed around like rag dolls.

you're driving down the street and you notice there's a house coming your way, you might get the feeling you're in for a bad day.

It was defintely a bad day for those unfortunate souls on those boats getting tossed around like rag dolls.
yeah, in that second vid the dude pans early and you see traffic in the street which is goners a minute later :(
Estimated death toll was 18k+.

Reactions: bluetoe
yeah, in that second vid the dude pans early and you see traffic in the street which is goners a minute later :(
Estimated death toll was 18k+.
horrific and terrifying are completely inadequate words to describe that disaster. I looked up the Krakatoa eruption/explosion and I was surprised to see the similarities in the immediate effect in way of a 120 foot high wave traveling at like 500 MPH (out in the open ocean). Your dinghy would undoubtedly be a goner.

A park in Siberia has implanted a wooly mammoth embryo into an Indian elephant using dna technology. Their goal is to have 100 woolly mammoths. The gestation is 22 months. They say the first will be born in 2024

Did they not see the movie about this?
Jurassic Park Hold On To Your Butts GIF by chuber channel

1) drones have given us amazing views of things and 2) tornadoes don't F around. This one was only a three and it is just blowing shit up like it's nothing.

A park in Siberia has implanted a wooly mammoth embryo into an Indian elephant using dna technology. Their goal is to have 100 woolly mammoths. The gestation is 22 months. They say the first will be born in 2024

Did they not see the movie about this?
Jurassic Park Hold On To Your Butts GIF by chuber channel
I read this book a few years ago and got the impression that doing this was almost bound to fail. I wonder what they did that makes them think they can do it.

There’s a millipede in Madagascar that’s poisonous and goes untouched by predators. Except lemurs. Lemurs take the millipedes and rub them all over themselves as an insect repellent. Then they take a single bite of the pede and proceed to trip balls from the psychotic effects of the poison.

There’s a millipede in Madagascar that’s poisonous and goes untouched by predators. Except lemurs. Lemurs take the millipedes and rub them all over themselves as an insect repellent. Then they take a single bite of the pede and proceed to trip balls from the psychotic effects of the poison.
oh shit, it has to be a Madagascar millipede? Now you tell me.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Can I buy them on Amazon?

Can I buy them on Amazon?
probably not, but you can see them at the dook Lemur Center. It's pretty cool. Or go to Madagascar, while there's still some habitat left, and maybe you can poach one and bring it home in your travel bag. What could go wrong?

Take pictures.

If you tied a string around the earth and decided you wanted it a foot off the ground you would need only 6.28 additional feet of string. If you did the same with a basketball you would still need 6.28 additional feet.
Never underestimate the power of pi (π).

If you tied a string around the earth and decided you wanted it a foot off the ground you would need only 6.28 additional feet of string. If you did the same with a basketball you would still need 6.28 additional feet.
what about with a ten gallon bucket of whale blubber? How much more would that be?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT