ADVERTISEMENT

Should we be worried?

uncblueball

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2015
This FBI thing is going to get much bigger so was wondering should we be concerned at all. I know we have missed out on many of the prospects that were more than likely receiving some compensation to go elsewhere. Just curious what others are thinking.

I really don't think we have anything to worry about and I say that for 3 reasons.

1) Roy just is not a guy that bends the rules and the players that are paid, the coaches know, don't let anyone try to tell you they don't.

2) The NCAA has been up our butt for 6yrs now, watching for anything they can hang us with because they know what they got is weak and they want to cater to media pressure to hammer us. They are nearly begging for us to take a wrong step so we have had to be ultra cautious. LVille was totally stupid to jump right back in to the fire after what they were just hung with.

3) Just due to thew fact that Roy has not got those big timers he went after. He didn't get PJ, Knox, Vandy. All 3 similar position like layers at a position left by Justin Jackson entering the league, yet ALL 3 commit to Ky? Common sense and logic does not explain that, only $$$ does. Only reason we got Jalek was because of Ray.

NO!

DES would roll over in his grave if Roy disrespected UNC and his legacy in such fashion. This and Roy's personal ethics indicate we are NOT in any danger from any REAL violations!

The NCAA has to worry more about how it can possibly continue existing than it does trying to get UNC now!

Reactions: FlaTarHeel
One of the articles I read talked about a bidding war between Adidas and Nike for some player (Arizona-bound, I think).

From that I would expect the other, um, shoe to drop pretty soon.

This FBI thing is going to get much bigger so was wondering should we be concerned at all. I know we have missed out on many of the prospects that were more than likely receiving some compensation to go elsewhere. Just curious what others are thinking.
worried about what?

Seriously, the only thing i'm worried about is the Kingpins (K, Cal & Self)) escaping.

If we were paying players to commit here, then we did a very shitty job at it compared to the likes of Arizona and others lol.
Exactly what I was thinking for the last 5 days.... incoming freshman front court should be proof enough!
(That said, I'm pulling for at least one of them to be a diamond in the rough, and hence, a bargain basement pickup)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT