ADVERTISEMENT

SI on hottest names on coaching carousel

That makes more sense than Kelly going to an SEC team.

I agree. I think UCLA will really push to get Kelly there and he will likely accept. Florida may then go after Mullen if Frost does take the Nebraska job.

Wait until he spends a couple of years dealing with Gators boosters.

He'll have to deal with boosters anywhere he goes. They'll stay off his back if he produces and with the talent he'll get from Florida alone he'll do that sooner than later.

Bielema reportedly gone at the end of the season, which isn't a surprise. Malzahn very interested in job.

welp, it is that time of the yr I get my hopes up that we'll have amazing recruits flip due to coaching changes and they'll fall into our lap.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Kelly if he has to choose between Florida and UCLA. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes to UCLA.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Kelly if he has to choose between Florida and UCLA. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes to UCLA.
One thing I heard was UF is a nike school while UCLA is under armour. Not sure if it matters to Kelly but at UF, could he get more support from Phil Knight and his gazillions?

The last four coaching hires for Florida - Zook, Meyer, Muschamp and McElwain. Only 1 out of 4 has worked out. They need to get this one right, especially with Miami coming back.

I'm wondering if the Michigan job will become available if Harbaugh decides to return to the NFL next year. His three years at UM have been average at best.

The last four coaching hires for Florida - Zook, Meyer, Muschamp and McElwain. Only 1 out of 4 has worked out. They need to get this one right, especially with Miami coming back.
Florida is a ket reason UGA fans came to dislike Richt, though he is the 2nd winningest coach in UGA history, and now Richt at Miami is scaring Florida fans.

College football.

I'm wondering if the Michigan job will become available if Harbaugh decides to return to the NFL next year. His three years at UM have been average at best.
My friend who lives near the Bay Area followed Harbaugh closely at both Stanford and with the 49ers. He thinks Harbaugh is not fully focused on Michigan because he feels he has unfinished business in the NFL.

Reactions: MWHeels
My friend who lives near the Bay Area followed Harbaugh closely at both Stanford and with the 49ers. He thinks Harbaugh is not fully focused on Michigan because he feels he has unfinished business in the NFL.

Someone told me that he has the same record through 31 games as former coach Brady Hoke. Now that's embarrassing.

This link is to the Coaches Hot Seat page on Sumlin. The important item is mid page: Bear Bryant talking about the need for players to prepare by mastering all the little details.

That is the only way a UNC football rises: coaching that stresses the fundamentals and mastering details. We are not getting that from Fedora.

Jeff Monken

XLance,

Did you finally get the OU and other Big 12 fans to accept that the ACC is not going to die?

Espn asked coach's which they'd choose out of UF and UCLA if they were Kelly:
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ins-florida-gators-coaches-offer-their-advice

Not much new - easier success at UF since they just need an offense, while UCLA needs more defense. But easier recruiting at UCLA "for him" and less spot-light given all the other sports teams in LA.
If Kelly goes to UF, every school in the SEC, as well as FSU and Miami, will keep all eyes peeled on him for the slightest infraction. And the college sports media will keep close tabs. Plus, all UF boosters who feel slighted by him in any way, or who feel that he is not winning enough, will turn on him within 3 years.

Nobody in LA - other than SC boosters - cares enough about UCLA sports to care if Kelly were the biggest cheat in CFB history.

If Kelly goes to UF, every school in the SEC, as well as FSU and Miami, will keep all eyes peeled on him for the slightest infraction. And the college sports media will keep close tabs. Plus, all UF boosters who feel slighted by him in any way, or who feel that he is not winning enough, will turn on him within 3 years.

Nobody in LA - other than SC boosters - cares enough about UCLA sports to care if Kelly were the biggest cheat in CFB history.

UCLA seems like the better fit, but I wouldn't be shocked if he takes the UF job.

Auburn may go after Jimbo Fisher if Malzahn leaves
That move would mark Jimbo as rather dumb. Auburn will always be the #2 program in AL. FSU has the best layout - based on its size and admissions standards and the number of P5 recruits who live within a 3 hour drive of campus - to win the most games in the ACC over any decade.

A&M in every decade in history averages to about a 7 win team. In the brutal SEC West, Jimbo Fisher would find that getting A&M, or Auburn, to average more than 8.5 Ws per year over a decade would be nigh impossible.

True.

But rumour has it that we're going to convert to the triple option, so Kelly wouldn't be a good hire for us anyway... :D

Well, triple option coaches aren't in high demand for obvious reasons, so at least we would have some long-term stability at the HC position. Wins? Not so much. The games against GA Tech would instant classics though.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
One can only hope, although I think he would always have one foot out the door looking for a better job.
I think he'd have been happy a very long time in Eugene with Phil Knight's money. But the NCAA was sniffing hard.

Taggert to A&M, Kelly back to Oregon. That works.
I don't think Taggert would take even the Florida job now. Leave Oregon after 1 year? And make Phil Knight hate you?

Now, if Knight could get Scott Frost to take the Oregon job, then he'd likely be OK with Taggert returning to his home state.

I would be shocked if Taggert left. I think he has the chance to build a really solid program there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT