ADVERTISEMENT

Something I just realized about Cade Tyson

DaveChapelle

All-American
Sep 17, 2020
So I'm researching Cade, wondering why he had no high school recruiting profile and no high school ranking. I see he went to Carmel Christian School and then it dawns on me.

That's the school they started inside Carmel Baptist Church. 1200 yards down the street from Providence High School where Antawn Jamison played. It's been steadily growing over the past decade plus, but I always thought it was just an elementary school. I had no idea they had high school students, let alone a high school basketball team. No wonder he never got scouted and ended up at Belmont.

If we are lucky enough to land his commitment, don't let doubts or trolls sucker you into believing he's destined to be a letdown bc he's coming from a midmajor. This dude was basically invisible because of the high school he attended. Yet this offseason he's been recruited by UNC, dook, and Kentucky. And frankly it would be mighty cool to have 2 Tar Heels come from high schools on this short stretch of highway 51 in Southeast Charlotte/Matthews.

I live in the exact area as you speak
My wife went to school with Jamison at Providence

Cade was super skinny and Hunter was the Man at Piedmont , pretty sure the Family lives in Monroe and it’s a privilege to get on the list for the Christian school

Hunter was such a big deal in the area and Cade flew under the Radar

Just an educated guess but he probably followed his dad to the Christian school because his dad was the Principal of Piedmont where Hunter went …

So that would have an effect on his recruiting because they are so small

Any info on his visit .. I was hoping a commitment to unc would have been announced by now ......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT