ADVERTISEMENT

State and Texas Tech game

bluetoe

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2012
I hate to say it, but you watch the wuffie defense and it almost nauseates to see the aggression and hard hitting and just about anything else you'd like to see from your defense but we don't see from ours. Enough about that....

I witnessed the most gruesome football injury I've ever seen, in that game. Those of you that pray, say one for the TT linebacker who got his lower leg snapped like a twig and then wrapped around like a pretzel. I just hope he can walk normally again. His name is Ramirez.

I hate to say it, but you watch the wuffie defense and it almost nauseates to see the aggression and hard hitting and just about anything else you'd like to see from your defense but we don't see from ours. Enough about that....

I witnessed the most gruesome football injury I've ever seen, in that game. Those of you that pray, say one for the TT linebacker who got his lower leg snapped like a twig and then wrapped around like a pretzel. I just hope he can walk normally again. His name is Ramirez.
Agree with all of this--state's defensive play and the injury. Glad that TV didn't reshow it.

well, they didn't RE-reshow it, but I think before they knew what was happening they replayed it from more of a side angle than the real-time more overhead one. It took me a second or two to even understand what I was seeing and I think they saw it about the same time and cut away, thank God.

I hope anyone that gets an update on Ramirez will post it.

I remember seeing a video of a girl in the gym doing the leg press and both of her knees gave way and her shins came toward her thighs (knees bent backwards.) Of course everyone remembers Joe Theisman and Lawrence Taylor.

I saw the video... it wasn't all that bad.

Kevin Ware was FAR worse, and Joe Theisman's was also much harder to watch. But, his was from LT falling on it.

This one looked like a noodle, nothing else.

It seems like these kinds of injuries are more prevalent. I don't ever remember seeing legs just give way on their own like I've seen in the last 10 years or so. Like @WhatTheHeel? mentioned, the gymnastics girl. Her legs just gave way. Maybe it's the speed, size and intensity that has increased.

Reactions: Oak ridger
I remember seeing a video of a girl in the gym doing the leg press and both of her knees gave way and her shins came toward her thighs (knees bent backwards.) Of course everyone remembers Joe Theisman and Lawrence Taylor.
I saw the Theisman break. This was worse.

I wince every time I see someone lock out their knees on the leg press. It's an easy machine to move a lot of weight on and that's a common mistake for people who haven't been taught about lifting properly.

I saw that injury live and knew it was bad. Then they showed the replay up close, and it was terrible. Years ago, I would felt sure he would never play again. Now, who knows? They have mastered surgery for such injuries.

Reactions: bluetoe
And I should not forget - Yes, Moo's D plays harder and tougher than ours, no doubt. WE have a wine and cheese D, with CBs being especially soft and fluffy.

Reactions: bluetoe
SMH. It looked like a noodle because of multiple fractures. Theisman had a break in one spot, which I also happened to see. This was worse.
I know WHY it looked the way it did. It just wasn't that disturbing to watch to me. Seeing them snap in half looks more painful to me.

I know WHY it looked the way it did. It just wasn't that disturbing to watch to me. Seeing them snap in half looks more painful to me.
gotcha. Knowing that it was snapping in half in more than one place and therefor the extent of the trauma is what floored me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT