ADVERTISEMENT

The Condiment Tournament - Ladle Region Round of 64

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
The Ladle Region is the second of two regions we'll be voting on to kick off the Condiment Tournament. Crowd favorite Caramel made the field as a 14 seed but has a tough first-round opponent in Crushed Red Pepper. Voting is open through Sunday.

L64_ecf8kq.png

Copy/Paste for easy voting:

1. BBQ Sauce - Vinegar Based
16. Horsey Sauce

8. Worcestershire Sauce
9. Wasabi

5. Pesto
12. Tartar Sauce

4. Salt
13. Blue Cheese

6. Teriyaki
11. Sour Cream

3. Crushed Red Pepper
14. Caramel

7. Honey
10. Ranch

2. Sriracha
15. Tahini

Please note I'm only voting for condiments.

8. Worcestershire Sauce

12. Tartar Sauce

13. Blue Cheese (shame this one had to go against a seasoning because I hate this stuff - also, I assume this is the dressing, not the actual cheese)

6. Teriyaki

14. Caramel

10. Ranch

2. Sriracha

Reactions: Raising Heel
16. Horsey Sauce
One seeds are one seeds for a reason.

8. Worcestershire Sauce
9. Wasabi
I can't say it and damn sure can't spell it. So I won't eat it.

5. Pesto
12. Tartar Sauce
Pesto is the most overrated condiment in this year's field. But they eek out a win over a condiment that looks like it came from a tree stump I'm familiar with.

4. Salt
13. Blue Cheese
As much as I wanted blue cheese to win, salt is simply too powerful and is a bit pissed off at the 4 seed when such a staple should have been a 1. I mean, we have 1 seeds that have salt as an ingredient.

6. Teriyaki
11. Sour Cream
Sour cream has no reason to be sour after their first round match up.

3. Crushed Red Pepper
14. Caramel
You can't put caramel on pasta.

7. Honey
10. Ranch
Because it was the inspiration for this masterpiece.

2. Sriracha
15. Tahini
I apologize to pesto for calling them the most overrated condiment. Sriracha takes that title. Luckily they got matched up with some condiment I've never heard of.

Last edited:

8. Worcestershire Sauce

5. Pesto

4. Salt

11. Sour Cream

3. Crushed Red Pepper

10. Ranch

2. Sriracha

8. Worcestershire Sauce

12. Tartar Sauce

4. Salt

11. Sour Cream

3. Crushed Red Pepper

10. Ranch

2. Sriracha

8. Worcestershire Sauce

5. Pesto

4. Salt

6. Teriyaki

3. Crushed Red Pepper

10. Ranch

2. Sriracha

8. Worcestershire Sauce

12. Tartar Sauce

4. Salt

6. Teriyaki

14. Caramel

7. Honey

2. Sriracha

1. BBQ Sauce - Vinegar Based -- WHY IN THE FUKK WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? VINEGAR-BASED BBQ SAUCE VS. HORSEY SAUCE? Was it not bad enough you pitted mayo against syrup? May as well just take a paintball gun and shoot me point blank range in the dick and them punch me in the face. JHC. I gotta go vinegar-based BBQ sauce of course, but love you, mean it Horsey Sauce :[

8. Worcestershire Sauce -- marinating burger patties in Worcestershire is a pro move. Also, I like wasabi only on dry items like almonds, and to me that doesn't count as a condiment. So GFY.

5. Pesto -- I don't eat fish, so no tartar sauce for me, k thx.

4. Salt -- salt isn't a condiment, but blue (bleu? blew?) cheese is disgusting and is a weak impostor of the mac daddy that is Ranch. F you blew cheese.

11. Sour Cream -- love sour cream on my loaded baked potatoes. As for terriyaki, 1) see my vote on soy sauce. I don't really do Asian food. 2)
tumblr_lq0342AicU1qarclzo1_500.gif

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/41169206/no-teriyaki-not-from-a-****ing-china.jpg

3. Crushed Red Pepper -- not a big desert guy, so it's a no on caramel for me.

10. Ranch -- how THE FUKK is ranch a 10 seed? Ranch makes life worth living. Ranch makes everything tastes good. Honey? Lawls, what are we, 6?

15. Tahini --> I don't even know what tahini is, but I'm voting for it just because. I'm over the sriracha fad.

16. Horsey Sauce

9. Wasabi

5. Pesto

13. Blue Cheese

11. Sour Cream

3. Crushed Red Pepper

10. Ranch

15. Tahini

The Ladle Region

8. Worcestershire Sauce
12. Tartar Sauce
4. Salt
11. Sour Cream
3. Crushed Red Pepper
10. Ranch
2. Sriracha

The results are in.

The Ladle Region went chalk except for a 11-6 upset in which Sour Cream emerged victorious from a favorable matchup against Teriyaki. Also, Ranch made a statement win after the committee controversially gave the fan favorite a double-digit seed.

Vinegar-based BBQ Sauce is still the team to beat here as they easily dispatched Arby's Horsey Sauce and now face an interesting contest in the second round against a sneaky good condiment that no one can spell or pronounce.

Results are below with the number of votes appearing to the right of each condiment. Voting for the Round of 32 will begin later this week.

L32_cbirqy.png

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT