ADVERTISEMENT

What you listening to today?

Not sure I should be but I am surprised at how many young kids do not know who Biggie Smalls is. I was telling some of them yesterday that it was the anniversary of his death. Only 1 out of 6 knew who he was. I guess stuff like that doesnt interest the youth of today. Most have heard of Tupac but none knew about the East Coast/West Coast, the Death Row debacle, etc.

To think of how many great hip hop songs died with Biggie and Tupac.

Heres to Notorious B.I.G.

Not sure I should be but I am surprised at how many young kids do not know who Biggie Smalls is. I was telling some of them yesterday that it was the anniversary of his death. Only 1 out of 6 knew who he was. I guess stuff like that doesnt interest the youth of today. Most have heard of Tupac but none knew about the East Coast/West Coast, the Death Row debacle, etc.

To think of how many great hip hop songs died with Biggie and Tupac.

Heres to Notorious B.I.G.

The Golden Age of rap music. Unquestionably. The east coast vs west coast drama of the 90s was awesome. I liked both (although if I have to choose I’ll go East).

Reactions: chickenhunter
Saw them tonite in Fayetteville NC. Damn good show.

100% talent. No fillers, no auto tune, no cursing, just great vocals. Wanya is one of the absolute great vocalists of our time. Impeccable harmonies. 3rd time seeing them. Always great performers.

Reactions: bluetoe
Forgive me, I was listening to The Dead/Garcia all day yesterday doing yard work. It's carried over to today.

The B side of Terrapin Station, for my money, is the Dead's best studio work.

Working in Fargo, North Dakota for a few weeks so I have been listening to froggy 99.9 in the rental car.
At Walmart now and the elite 8 game is on one of the big TV's and man do the Tar Heels look great with Brady in the line up !

Be careful if you downloaded it from Napster...is a joke I would have used in 2001.
Lars was hated on about that, but he ended up being right. This album is pretty good so far. Hints of 80s Metallica. Started out at 100 and hasn't slowed down since.

Reactions: dadika13
Checking out the new Metallica release.
So if you're a fan of metal and/or 80s era Metallica, then definitely give this one a listen. Pretty good. Need to listen to it again before I give it a final grade. Just wish I could still get a CD and had something to play it on.

So if you're a fan of metal and/or 80s era Metallica, then definitely give this one a listen. Pretty good. Need to listen to it again before I give it a final grade. Just wish I could still get a CD and had something to play it on.

I didn’t know they had a new release until I saw your poast. I immediately went and listened to the first 6-7 tracks. Meh. Nothing memorable to me. I think I liked the 4th track the best.

But I’m not saying it’s not good. I loved Metallica as a kid and I still listen to Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning and And Justice For All to this day. The tracks I heard today seemed like a futile attempt to sound like their old selves; a kind of cringy effort to recapture the glory days. It lacked the charisma of those older albums. Granted, I’m a sucker for nostalgia and I acknowledge that could be playing a part in my rudimentary evaluation. But it was very ho-hum for me.

I didn’t know they had a new release until I saw your poast. I immediately went and listened to the first 6-7 tracks. Meh. Nothing memorable to me. I think I liked the 4th track the best.

But I’m not saying it’s not good. I loved Metallica as a kid and I still listen to Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning and And Justice For All to this day. The tracks I heard today seemed like a futile attempt to sound like their old selves; a kind of cringy effort to recapture the glory days. It lacked the charisma of those older albums. Granted, I’m a sucker for nostalgia and I acknowledge that could be playing a part in my rudimentary evaluation. But it was very ho-hum for me.
You've been drinking too much Bud Light.

loved Gordon Lightfoot. He had a such a soothing voice. Saw him in Fayetteville about 12 years ago. Great show and a great talent.
well said. When I want to listen to something smooth and calming but very listenable and involving, Gordon Lightfoot is on the short list. Loved that guy too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT